Subject: [Mip6] MIP6 bootstrapping solution sets

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 17:48:14 -0800

As I have said before, MIP6-AAA framework discussion is highly related
to MIP6 bootstrapping problem space, but they are not the same things.
Not all MIP6-AAA frameworks can solve the bootstrapping problem single
handedly (e.g., fwk4 relies on MN knowing its HA); and things like
accounting has nothing to do with bootstrapping. MN learning its HA or
home addresses, generating a dynamic SA with its HA using a AAA process
are the overlaps between the two subjects.

Let's also note that it is not likely we'd come up with a single
solution that solves the problem in any deployment scenarios. We are
likely to come up with multiple solutions, each possibly consisting of
more than one component.

Having said these, here is an attempt to capture solution sets. A set
has to generate all of the HA, HoA, and MN-HA SA parameters. 

Please provide additions and modifications. I'm likely to have missed
some.

    HA discovery           HoA discovery           MN-HA SA generation
    ------------           -------------           -------------------
(a) - via DNS              - IKEv2                 - MIP6-AAA Fwk 4
    - RFC3775 (anycast)    - mip6-mn-ident-option    

(b) - PANA/DHCP with NAS,  - PANA/DHCP             - MIP6-AAA Fwk 4
      coupled with         - IKEv2                 - PANA/DHCP +
MIP6-AAA
      MIP6-AAA Fwk 2       - mip6-mn-ident-option    Fwk 2 (for MN); 
                                                     MIP6-AAA Fwk 4 (for
HA)

(c) - MIP6-AAA Fwk 1       - MIP6-AAA Fwk 1        - MIP6-AAA Fwk 1(for
MN);
                           - IKEv2                   MIP6-AAA Fwk 4(for
HA)
                           - mip6-mn-ident-option    

In a set (e.g., a, b, or c), any one of the alternatives listed under
one column can be used with others under the other columns.

Alper

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 12:02:07 -0800

Not sure if this appeared on the list... resending.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alper Yegin [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2005 5:48 PM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: MIP6 bootstrapping solution sets

Alper