Subject: [Mip6] New I-D's: draft-vogt-mobopts-early-binding-updates-00.txt, draft-vogt-mobopts-credit-based-authorization-00.txt

From: Christian Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 18:46:10 +0100

Hi folks,

Early Binding Updates and Credit-Based Authorization have been under
discussion in the MIP6 and Mobopts groups for a while now.  Below, you
find links to updated documents about both.  The predecessors of these
documents had different prefixes, so the documents below start over with
a -00 version.

http://doc.tm.uka.de/2005/draft-vogt-mobopts-early-binding-updates-00.txt
http://doc.tm.uka.de/2005/draft-vogt-mobopts-credit-based-authorization-00.txt

We would greatly appreciate to hear your opinions and comments on EBU
and CBA.

Kind regards,

- Christian

++++++++

Title...: Early Binding Updates for Mobile IPv6
Author..: Christian Vogt
http://doc.tm.uka.de/2005/draft-vogt-mobopts-early-binding-updates-00.txt

Abstract
    Mobile IPv6 defines a return-routability procedure for secure use of
    route optimization between unacquainted nodes.  The handover latency
    caused by the procedure can significantly impact delay-sensitive
    applications, however.  This document presents an optimization to
    Mobile IPv6 that eliminates the latency.  The optimization is
    realized as an optional, and fully backward-compatible, extension to
    Mobile IPv6.

++++++++

Title...: Credit-Based Authorization for Mobile IPv6
           Early Binding Updates
Authors.: Christian Vogt, Jari Arkko
http://doc.tm.uka.de/2005/draft-vogt-mobopts-credit-based-authorization-00.txt

Abstract
    The latency associated with Mobile IPv6's Return Routability test can
    have an adverse impact on delay-sensitive applications.  Early
    Binding Updates mitigate this issue by already using a new care-of
    address in parallel with testing it.  We propose and analyze a
    credit-based mechanism that prevents misuse of Early Binding Updates
    for amplified flooding attacks and discourages such misuse for
    non-amplified flooding attacks.

++++++++

-- 
Christian Vogt, Institute of Telematics, University of Karlsruhe
www.tm.uka.de/~chvogt/pubkey/

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6