Subject: [Mip6] Performance 2005: Call for Papers

From: Sara Alouf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 19:03:17 +0100

Dear colleague,

My sincere apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP.
Please note the new page limit (22 pages instead of 20). I would 
also like to bring to your attention that the submission site is 
now ready and running.

Best regards,
Sara Alouf
Publicity Chair of Performance 2005.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

                   ***************
                   CALL FOR PAPERS
                   ***************

                   PERFORMANCE 2005

The 24th IFIP WG 7.3 International Symposium on Computer 
Performance Modeling, Measurement and Evaluation

                   October 3-7, 2005
                 Juan-les-Pins, France
       http://www-sop.inria.fr/maestro/performance2005/

Sponsored by IFIP WG 7.3, the Computer Performance Foundation 
and INRIA

The PERFORMANCE 2005 conference solicits papers on the 
development and application of state-of-the-art analytic, 
simulation, and measurement-based performance evaluation 
techniques. Topics of interest include, but are not 
limited to:

* Performance-oriented design and evaluation of:
  communication networks, mobile and wireless systems,
  Internet servers and E-commerce systems, Web services,
  Web architectures, peer-to-peer systems, grid computing,
  computer architectures, database systems, operating
  systems, software systems, distributed systems, 
  multimedia systems, file and I/O systems, memory
  systems, real-time systems, and fault-tolerant systems.

* Techniques and algorithms: analytic modeling, performance
  optimization, queueing analysis, stochastic scheduling,
  model verification and validation, power analysis, hybrid
  models, experimental design, system or network measurement
  and monitoring, workload characterization, simulation, 
  and statistical analysis.

** SUBMISSION GUIDELINES **

PAPERS: Papers should not exceed 22 double-spaced pages 
including figures, tables and references. A limited number 
of submitted papers will be accepted for a poster session. 
Submissions must be made electronically as Postscript or 
Adobe PDF files through the Conference Web site 
(http://www-sop.inria.fr/maestro/performance2005/).
In case of problems, please send papers by email to 
[email-masked]. Papers will be selected 
on the basis of their originality, technical standards, 
relevance and clarity. 

Full papers will be published in a special issue of the Journal 
Performance Evaluation (Elsevier) available at the conference.

TUTORIAL SESSIONS: Tutorial proposals, not exceeding 3 pages, 
have to include title, abstract, duration (1H30 or 3H), 
intended audience, assumed background of attendees, name, 
affiliation and a biographical sketch of the instructors. 
Proposals should be sent to the tutorials co-chairs
([email-masked]).

HOT/CONTROVERSIAL TOPIC SESSIONS: Proposals are solicited for 
a hot topic session, in which a group of speakers will present 
and discuss their recent results in an area. Send proposals to 
proposals.perf2005(at)sophia.inria.fr, identifying the organizer
of the session, the session title, three to five speakers, the 
titles of their talks, and a short abstract of each talk.

** IMPORTANT DATES **

FEBRUARY 22, 2005, 11PM EST  Title, abstract and author 
                             affiliation due.
MARCH 1, 2005, 11PM EST      Submission of papers, hot topic 
                             proposals and tutorial proposals. 
JUNE 1, 2005                 Notification of acceptance.
JULY 1, 2005                 Camera ready copy due.

** INFORMATION AND INQUIRIES **
    http://www-sop.inria.fr/maestro/performance2005/
    [email-masked]

** ORGANIZING COMMITTEE **

GENERAL CHAIR: 
       Philippe Nain, INRIA, France 

PROGRAM COMMITTEE CO-CHAIRS: 
       Cheng-Shang Chang, National Tsing Hua U., Taiwan 
       Daniel A. Menasce, George Mason U., USA

TUTORIALS CO-CHAIRS: 
       Eitan Altman, INRIA, France
       Zhen Liu, IBM T. J.Watson Reseach Center, USA

LOCAL ARRANGEMENTS CO-CHAIRS: 
       Konstantin Avrachenkov, INRIA, France
       Ephie Deriche, INRIA, France
       
FINANCE CHAIR: Dany Sergeant, INRIA, France

PUBLICITY CHAIR: Sara Alouf, INRIA, France

PROCEEDINGS CHAIR: 
       Rudesindo Núñez Queija, CWI, The Netherlands

** PROGRAM COMMITTEE **

Almeida, Virgilio               UFMG, Brazil
Baccelli, Francois              ENS, France
Bonald, Thomas                  France Telecom, France
Borst, Sem                      CWI, the Netherlands
Calzarossa, Mariacarla          U. Pavia, Italy
de Souza e Silva, Edmundo       UFRJ, Brazil
Duffield, Nick                  AT&T Research, USA
Eager, Derek                    U. Saskatchewan, Canada
Gelenbe, Erol                   Imperial College, UK 
Golubchik, Leana                USC, USA
Harchol-Balter, Mor             Carnegie Mellon U., USA
Haring, Guenter                 U. Wien, Austria
Harrison, Pete                  Imperial College, UK
Haverkort, Boudewijn            U. Twente, the Netherlands
Herzog, Ulrich                  Friedrich Alexander U., Germany
Hou, Jennifer                   U. Illinois Urbana Champaign, USA
Hsu, Yarsun                     National Tsing Hua U., Taiwan
Iazeolla, Giuseppe              U. Roma "Tor Vergata", Italy
Jean-Marie, Alain               U. Montpellier & INRIA, France
Kumar, Anurag                   IISc, India
Kurose, Jim                     U. Massachusetts, USA
Le Boudec, Jean-Yves            EPFL, Switzerland
Lee, Duan-Shin                  National Tsing Hua U., Taiwan
Liebeherr, Jorg                 U. Virginia, USA
Lindemann, Christoph            U. Dortmund, Germany
Lui, John                       Chinese U. of Hong Kong, China
Marsan, Marco A.                Politecnico di Torino, Italy
Mazumdar, Ravi                  U. Waterloo, Canada
Merchant, Arif                  HP Labs, USA
Misra, Vishal                   Columbia U., USA
Mitra, Debasis                  Bell Laboratories, USA
Muntz, Richard R.               UCLA, USA
Nicol, David                    U. Illinois Urbana-Champaign, USA
Perros, Harry                   North Carolina State U., USA
Sanders, William                U. Illinois Urbana-Champaign, USA
Serazzi, Giuseppe               Politecnico di Milano, Italy
Setia, Sanjeev                  George Mason University, USA
Smirni, Evgenia                 College of William and Mary, USA
Squillante, Mark                IBM Research, USA
Stewart, William                North Carolina State U., USA
Thomasian, Alexander            NJIT, USA
Trivedi, Kishor                 Duke U., USA
Tucci, Salvatore                U. Roma "Tor Vergata", Italy
Vernon, Mary                    U. Wisconsin-Madison, USA
Verscheure, Olivier             IBM Research, USA
Williamson, Carey               U. Calgary, Canada
Woodside, C. Murray             Carleton U., Canada
Xia, Cathy                      IBM Research, USA
Yao, David                      Columbia U., USA
Zhang, Zhi-Li                   U. Minnesota, USA

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6