Subject: [Mip6] Regarding RAND_ADV_DELAY need to be added

From: Sachin D <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 11:02:00 +0530

Hi All,

I wanted to clarify that if I am getting something wrong or there is some
issue with the calculation of RAND ADV DELAY value as specified by RFC

Whenever prefix is added or other cases we are randomizing the PA sending by
following values

"MaxScheduleDelay = min (MaxMobPfxAdvInterval, Preferred Lifetime),

   where MaxMobPfxAdvInterval is as defined in Section 12.  Then compute

   the final delay for the advertisement:

      RAND_ADV_DELAY = MinMobPfxAdvInterval +

            (rand() % abs(MaxScheduleDelay - MinMobPfxAdvInterval))

"

Now according to the values the minimum possible interval it can have is 10
MIN and worst this will give is of 1 Day = 86400 second. In Most cases this
will normally be in HOURS. So are we trying to add some random delay in
hours ???

Regards,

Sachin

 

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6