Subject: [Mip6] Call for Papers - Broadnets 2005

From: "Dawn Akin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:12:45 -0600

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

CALL FOR PAPERS

Second Annual International Conference on Broadband Networks

(BroadNets 2005)

Broadband Applications and Services Symposium

October 3 - 7, 2005

Boston, Massachusetts, USA

http://www.broadnets.org

Submission Deadline Extended: February 25, 2005

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

SCOPE

-----

BroadNets 2005 is an international conference focusing on broadband
networking and covers the entire gamut of next generation networks

with high bandwidth available for both wireless and wireline networks.  The
conference will consist of the following three symposia:

** Broadband Wireless Networking Symposium: covers mobility, routing for
multihop, multimedia QoS and traffic management,

cross-layer optimization, MAC and emerging physical layer technologies (UWB,
MIMO) for high-speed wireless networking.

** Broadband Optical Networking Symposium: covers WDM technologies, Ethernet
and MPLS integration into the optical layer, 

Next-Generation SONET/SDH, as well as SAN extensions over DWDM/SONET/SDH.

** Broadband Applications/Services Symposium: covers middleware and service
architectures for broadband applications, pervasive

computing and ubiquitous communications, and universal broadband access for
information services.

BroadNets 2005 will thus offer a unique forum for researchers from academia,
government and industry to share ideas and disseminate new

results in these important areas.

This Call for Papers describes the details for the Broadband
Applications/Services Symposium ONLY. (Refer to the www.broadnets.org

website for the details of Broadband Optical Networking Symposium and
Broadband Wireless Networking Symposium.) This Symposium invites

academic and industry researchers to present issues and opportunities for
tomorrow's IT infrastructure as driven by broadband applications and

services.  We invite the research community to present the most recent
advances in this field, to discuss exciting research topics and development

of test beds and applications, and to share their research and development
experiences.  We hope to organize one or more panel sessions of

industry leaders to offer them an opportunity to outline their vision for
future broadband networks, as well as to offer academic and national

laboratory researchers an opportunity to ask questions/provide feedback to
these industry leaders.  Our goal is to raise the awareness of new

industry developments in the academic community, and, at the same time, to
establish a sound link between applied and theoretical research.

Topics of interest for which we are soliciting full-length papers include,
but are not limited to, the following:

.           Applications for security and privacy

.           Applications and services for grid networks

.           Grid middleware

.           Collaborative remote visualization and virtual reality

.           Data mining and high-speed file transfer applications

.           Collaborative computational steering

.           Multimedia applications for wireless networks

.           Multimedia applications for optical networks

.           Video-conferencing and video-telephony

.           Video-on-demand, TV-on-demand

.           Ultra Wideband (UWB) applications

.           Applications in 3G/4G networks

.           Applications and services in integrated 3GPP-WLAN networks

.           Applications for wireless indoor & home networks

.           Applications in large-scale sensor networks

.           P2P applications

.           Applications for overlay networks

.           Multicast applications

.           Broadband access applications

.           Pricing models for new services

.           Standards, licensing and regulation

.           Economics and business cases

.           Applications for e-government, e-health and e-science

.           Storage applications

IMPORTANT DATES

---------------

Submission Deadline:                        February 25, 2005

Acceptance Notification:        May 15, 2005

Final Manuscript Due:           June 1, 2005

PAPER SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS

-----------------------------

Authors are invited to submit full papers of up to 10 pages in IEEE

conference proceedings format.  Papers should be submitted in PDF

format to the respective symposium through the EDAS system at

http://edas.info/Conference.cgi.

CONFERENCE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

-------------------------------

General Chair:

Dr. Arun Somani, Iowa State University, [email-masked]

General Vice Chair:

Dr. Thomas Hou, Virginia Tech, [email-masked]

Technical Program Chairs - Services and Applications Symposium

Dr. Malathi Veeraraghavan, Univ. of Virginia, [email-masked]

Dr. Admela Jukan, Georgia Tech, [email-masked]

Technical Program Chair- Wireless Networking Symposium:

Dr. Sherman Shen, Univ. of Waterloo, [email-masked]

Technical Program Chairs - Optical Networking Symposium

Dr. David Griffith, NIST, [email-masked]

Dr. Srini Ramasubramanian, Univ. of Arizona, [email-masked]

Workshops Chair:

Dr. Wendi Heinzelman, University of Rochester, [email-masked]

Dr. Byrav Ramamurthy, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, [email-masked]

Dr. Behcet Sarikaya, University of Northern British Columbia,

[email-masked]

Tutorials Chair:

Dr. Steven Low, Cal. Tech., [email-masked]

Panels Chairs:

Dr. Surendar Chandra, Univ. of Notre Dame, [email-masked]

Dr. Rudra Dutta, NCSU, [email-masked]

Publicity Chairs:

Dr. Bhaskar Krishnamachari, USC, [email-masked]

Dr. Takeo Hamada, Fujitsu Labs of America, [email-masked]

Website/Information Systems Chair:

Dr. Shiwen Mao, Virginia Tech, [email-masked]

Local Arrangements Chairs:

Dr. Aura Ganz, Univ. of Massachusetts, Amherst, [email-masked]

Dr. Ling Li, CIENA, [email-masked]

Publications Chairs:

Dr. Ahmed Kamal, Iowa State University, [email-masked]

Dr. Hui Zang, Sprint Adv. Tech. Labs, [email-masked]

Exhibits and Sponsorships Chair:

Dr. Sai Shankar N, Philips Research USA, [email-masked]

Finance Chair:

Karen Decker, ICST, [email-masked]

Steering Committee Co-Chairs:

Dr. Imrich Chlamtac, UT Dallas, [email-masked]

Dr. Krishna Sivalingam, Univ. of Maryland, Baltimore County,

[email-masked]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6