Subject: [Mip6] WG LC: I-D draft-ietf-mip6-bootstrap-ps-01.txt (Problem Statement for bootstrapping Mobile IPv6 )

From: Gopal Dommety <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 18:20:27 -0800

Hello All,

This is a Working Group Last Call for the following I-D:
draft-ietf-mip6-bootstrap-ps-01.txt
Title:
Problem Statement for bootstrapping Mobile IPv6

Please note that the status intended for this I-D is Informational.

Please review and post your comments by March 3rd, 2005.

-Chairs,

URL-ID is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip6-bootstrap-ps-01.txt

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:52:12 +0200

Hi Gopal,

> Please note that the status intended for this I-D is Proposed 
> Standard.
> 

I generally support this work going forward, but I found the
draft to be overly long and containing many assumptions that
I believe are unwarrented.

Idealy, the problem statement should be no longer than 10 pages,
IMO. I'd like a short description of the problem and motivation
for solving the problem. Some high-level discussion of the 
MN needs, the source of the bootstrapping information, etc. is
OK, but I think discussion of the deployment models is probably
not very useful.

I would be happy to work with the author on cleaning this up,
if there is support for my view.  My feeling is that most of
what I would like to see is burried in the document and would
just need some re-organization inside the document and removal
of some stuff.

John