Subject: [Mip6] new draft: Enriching Bootstrapping with Authorization Information

From: Tschofenig Hannes <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 14:56:31 +0100

hi all, 

we (gerardo, antonio and myself) have written a document relevant for
bootstrapping (which again is relevant for a number of working groups in the
meanwhile). 

please find the draft in the indicated url (before it appears in the
id-directory).

------------

Abstract 
 
Some work has been done in the area of bootstrapping in the IETF recently.
Bootstrapping refers to the process of  creating state (typically security
associations) between two or more entities based on a trust relationship
between these  two or more parties and a trusted third party. So far work
has mostly focused on creating security associations. This  document aims to
attach authorization information to the bootstrapping process. 

http://www.tschofenig.com/drafts/draft-tschofenig-enroll-bootstrapping-saml-
00.txt
 
http://www.tschofenig.com/drafts/draft-tschofenig-enroll-bootstrapping-saml-
00.html

------------

ciao
hannes, gerardo, antonio

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 11:27:22 -0800

Hi Hannes,

Can you perhaps explain what the advantages and disadvantages of using SAML
are w.r.t. attribute certificates for authorization (RFC 3281)?

        jak

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Tschofenig Hannes" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, February 12, 2005 5:56 AM
Subject: [Mip6] new draft: Enriching Bootstrapping with
AuthorizationInformation