Subject: [Mip6] Deadline Extended: COMSWARE 2006

From: Thyaga Nandagopal <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 12:49:44 -0400

Please note:  extended submission deadline: June 24, 2005

         (Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this document)

                            CALL FOR PAPERS
                            ***************
                    The First International Conference on
                Communication Systems Software and Middleware

                         http://www.comsware.org
                         -----------------------

                          January 8 - 12, 2006
                 Taj Palace Hotel, New Delhi, India

         Technical Co-Sponsor : IEEE Communications Society
         In Co-operation with : ACM SIGMOBILE

         Sponsored by:          CreateNet (Italy), ICST (USA)

         Co-Sponsors:           IBM, Microsoft Research, NOKIA,
                                Lucent Technologies, Sasken
         University Co-Sponsor: Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi

                   Paper Submission: June 24, 2005  (extended)

                  (Instructions at http://www.comsware.org)
          (Proceedings to be published by IEEE and to appear in IEEE 
Explore)

The convergence of the communications, information technologies and the 
Internet has ushered in a revolution in the way people communicate with 
each other. The key enabler for this convergence has been the 
advancement of software technology in various communication sectors, as 
evident by the high levels of activity in the industry, academia, and 
standards bodies, coupled with the increasing dependence of this 
convergence to sustain and improve growth rates in many countries around 
the world.

This new international conference will provide a forum to exchange 
ideas, techniques, and applications, discuss best practices and 
challenging issues, raise awareness and share experiences among 
researchers, practitioners, standard developers and policy makers in the 
field of software techniques in communications. The conference will
bring leading researchers and practitioners in areas ranging from 
communications software and software engineering aspects of 
communications software, to middleware and networking protocols. The 
objective of the conference is to provide a high degree of 
collaboration, participation and discussions of the various topics among
multi-national participants from the industrial, governmental and 
academic sectors.

COMSWARE will include a regular paper track and an industry track. The 
paper track will include a highly selective technical program. The 
conference solicits original, previously unpublished research work, 
experimental efforts, and practical experiences for the technical 
program. COMSWARE will also feature panel discussions from experts
in academia and industry, workshops and tutorials featuring the 
state-of-the-art in various communications software and related areas. 
There will be demos and exhibits that will expose the delegates to 
exciting products and software solutions from industry and academia. 
Accepted papers will be published by IEEE Computer Society. The top 
papers accepted to the conference will be published in a reputed journal.

Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:

· Communications Software
· Reconfigurable Software Stacks
· Software Engineering Aspects of Communications Software
· Context-Based and Implicit Computing
· Telecommunications Services and QoS
· Software for Billing and Pricing
· User Interfaces and Interaction Models
· Multi-Agent Systems
· Client-Server Applications
· Mobile and Intermittently Connected Applications
· Mobile Data Management
· Middleware Services and Agent Technologies
· Middleware for Wireless Sensor Networks
· Middleware for P2P Systems
· Middleware for Future Communication Networks
· Information Infrastructure and Security
· Security and Privacy Issues of Pervasive Computing Systems
· Network Operations and Management
· Policy and Workflow-based Network Operations
· Reliability Support Software
· Resource Management in Pervasive Computing Platforms
· Management Software for Optical Networks
· Network Monitoring Software
· Internet and IP based Services
· Dynamic Service Composition and Deployment
· Service Discovery Mechanisms
· Wireless/Mobile Service Management and Delivery
· Mobile / Wireless Computing Systems and Services
· Performance Evaluation Techniques
· Location Determination
· Positioning and Tracking Technologies
· Smart Devices and Smart Spaces
· Enterprise Networking
· Personal Area Networks
· Integration of Wired and Wireless Networks
· Next Generation Networks and Services

Deadlines
*********
Paper Submission: June 24, 2005  (Instructions at http://www.comsware.org)
Notification of Acceptance: August 15, 2005
Camera-ready due: September 26, 2005

Conference Organizing Committee
*******************************
General Chairs:         Victor Bahl, Microsoft Research, USA
                         Bijendra Nath Jain, IIT, Delhi, India
                         Henning Schulzrinne, Columbia University, USA
                         Alfred Spector, IBM Research, USA

Steering Committee:     Imrich Chlamtac, University of Trento, Italy 
(Chair)
                         Rajeev Shorey, IBM Research, India (Co-Chair)
                         Prasant Mohapatra, University of California, 
Davis, USA (Co-Chair)

Program Chairs:         Sanjoy Paul, Whenu, USA
                         G. Venkatesh, SASKEN Technologies, India
                         Jim Woodcock, University of York, UK

Tutorial Chair:         Archan Misra, IBM Research, USA

Workshop Chairs:        Ashwin Gumaste, Fujitsu Research, USA
                         Gaurav Sharma, University of Rochester, USA

Demos/Exhibit Chair:    Huzur Saran, IIT, Delhi, India
Demos/Exhibit Co-Chair: Jaijit Bhattacharya, Oracle, India

Publicity Chair:        Thyaga Nandagopal, Lucent Technologies, USA
Publicity Co-Chairs:    Sunghyun Choi, Seoul National University, Korea
                         Marco Conti, IIT, Pisa, Italy
                         Ben Lancini, LinLan, Brisbane, Australia
                         Prashant Pradhan, IBM Research, USA
                         Hemant Chaskar, Airtight Networks, India

Local Arrangement
Co-Chairs:              Sudipta Maitra, IBM, Delhi
                         Laurent Mignet, IBM Research, Delhi

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6