Subject: [Mip6] Call for papers LOCAN 2005

From: "Pedro M. Ruiz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 16:55:06 +0200

Please find below, the following CFP for your consideration.

Best wishes,

Pedro M. Ruiz
University of Murcia
We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this CFP
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                     CALL FOR PAPERS - LOCAN 2005
        1st International Workshop on Localized Communication 
               and Topology Protocols for Ad hoc Networks

              in conjunction with MASS-2005 (www.mass05.wpi.edu)
               Washington, DC, USA, November 7-10, 2005
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBJECT AND SCOPE
-----------------
This workshop covers comprehensively the algorithmic issues in the hot
area of ad hoc and sensor networking. The design of data communication 
techniques in multi-hop ad hoc networks has challenges at all layers of 
communication. This workshop concentrates on the network layer problems
like data communication (routing, QoS-routing, geocasting, multicasting, 
broadcasting, etc.)  and topology control (neighbor discovery, power 
adjustment, neighbor elimination, etc.).

Additionally, sensor networks are currently recognized as one of the priority 
research areas by NSF. The area of sensor networking is gaining momentum within
the researh community. This workshop will address ongoing research on this 
field, including problems such as: physical properties, sensor training, 
security through intelligent node cooperation, medium access, sensor area 
coverage with random and deterministic placement, object location, sensor 
position determination, energy efficient broadcasting and activity scheduling, 
routing, connectivity, data dissemination and gathering, sensor centric 
quality of routing, temporal message ordering, path exposure, tree 
reconfiguration, topology construction, and transport layer.

The main paradigm shift is to apply localized (or greedy) schemes as opposed 
to existing protocols requiring global information. Localized algorithms are 
distributed algorithms where simple local node behaviour achieves a desired 
global objective. Localized protocols provide scalable solutions, that is, 
solutions for wireless networks with an arbitrary number of nodes, which is 
the main goal of this plan. Sensor and rooftop/mesh networks, for instance, 
have hundreds or thousands of nodes.

The main objective of the workshop is to present state of the art research 
results on data communication and topology control in rapidly growing area 
of ad hoc and sensor networks, with emphasizes on localized techniques.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
*Medium access control
*Analytical, mobility and validation models for ad hoc networks
*Hybrid networks and wireless Internet
*Security in ad hoc networks
*Data management issues, query processing, and data delivery
*Routing, broadcasting and multicasting in ad hoc networks
*Energy-efficient protocols for ad hoc networks
*Quality of service in medium access control and routing
*Topology construction and maintenance in ad hoc networks
*Neighborhood discovery and mobility management

IMPORTANT DATES
---------------
Manuscript Submission: June 29, 2005
Acceptance Notification: July 29, 2005
Final Manuscript Due: August 26, 2005

PAPER SUBMISSION
----------------
Papers must not exceed 10 single-spaced and two-column pages using at least 
10 point size type on 8.5 x 11 inches pages. See style files, author 
guidelines and instructions at the conference website. Accepted papers will 
be published by IEEE Computer Society Press, as proceedings of the MASS2005 
workshops. Papers will be handled electronically through EDAS(http://edas.info).

PROGRAM CO-CHAIRS
-----------------
Dr. Pedro M. Ruiz
Dept. Information and Comms. Engineering, University of Murcia, Spain
[email-masked]

Dr. David Simplot-Ryl
IRCICA/LIFL, Univ. Lille 1, INRIA Futurs, France
[email-masked]

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND PC MEMBERS
-------------------------------------
The list of PC members and additional information about the workshop
will be continuously updated at the LOCAN 2005 website.

                http://ants.dif.um.es/locan2005/

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6