Subject: [Mip6] Version 02 of the MIP6-IKEv2 draft

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 11:52:58 -0700

hi folks,

I just updated the MIP6 - IKEv2 draft. you can find version 02 at
http://people.nokia.net/vijayd/mip6/mip6_ikev2.txt

main changes are

1. the draft is now more self-contained with respect to the
requirements section. you dont have to refer to RFC 3776 to
lookup the requirements. this addresses concerns raised by
Gerardo, Jari and Jim (section 4).

2. added some text in the security considerations section
regarding home address configuration and the use of EAP to
authenticate the HA to the MN.

3. added some text on what the SPD entries on the HA should
contain when the MN's home address is not known yet (section
6.1.1)

4. added some text to say that the MN could use a range of
selectors to use the same SA for multiple messages, for e.g.,
BU and BAck, instead of creating pairs of IPsec SA per mobility
message type (section 6.2)

5. clarified the use of PKI and verification of identities
presented by the mobility node (section 6.2)

6. added some text related to the use of 'K' bit and IKEv2
(section 6.3).

7. added some text related to the use of EAP_ONLY_AUTHENTICATION
payload in section 7.

you can see a diff from the previous version at
http://people.nokia.net/vijayd/mip6/1to2_diff.html

there is one major issue remaining. this was raised by Francis.
it is related to mandating the use of MH type as a selector. I
will send a separate mail on this. I hope to resolve this by
the Paris IETF meeting.

comments are welcome.

Vijay

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6