Subject: [Mip6] IPDPS 2006: 1st Call for Papers

From: Ioannis Chatzigiannakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 01:43:18 +0300 (EEST)

==================================
 		  ==================================
 		      IPDPS 2006 CALL FOR PAPERS
 			  APRIL 25-29, 2006
 			RHODES ISLAND, GREECE
 		  SPONSORED BY IEEE COMPUTER SOCIETY
 		  ==================================
 		  ==================================

20th IEEE International Parallel & Distributed Processing Symposium
Tuesday, 25 April -- Saturday, 29 April 2006
Rodos Palace Resort Hotel & Convention Center
Rhodes Island, Greece

Sponsored by: IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Parallel
 	      Processing
In cooperation with: ACM SIGARCH, IEEE Computer Society Technical
 	      Committee on Computer Architecture, and IEEE Computer
 	      Society Technical Committee on Distributed Processing
Hosted by: Research Academic Computer Technology Institute (CTI, Greece)

IPDPS 2006 CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
IPDPS serves as a forum for engineers and scientists from around the
world to present their latest research findings in the fields of
parallel processing and distributed computing. The five-day program
will follow the usual format of contributed papers, invited speakers,
panels, and commercial participation mid week, framed by workshops
held on the first and last days; this year in Greece that will be
Tuesday and Saturday.  Visit this Web site for regular updates,
including the advance program, registration, and accommodations.  Send
general email inquiries to [email-masked].
 		  ==================================
 		  ==================================

IMPORTANT DATES FOR IPDPS 2006
October 7, 2005 	Final Deadline for Manuscripts
December 9, 2005	Review Decisions Mailed
January 21, 2006	Camera-Ready Papers Due

GENERAL CO-CHAIRS
Paul Spirakis, CTI & University of Patras, Greece
H.J. Siegel, Colorado State University, USA
GENERAL VICE-CHAIRS
Sotiris Nikoletseas, CTI & University of Patras, Greece
Charles Weems, University of Massachusetts Amherst, USA
PROGRAM CHAIR
Arnold L. Rosenberg, University of Massachusetts Amherst, USA
 		  ==================================
 		  ==================================

IPDPS 2006 CALL FOR PAPERS

Authors are invited to submit manuscripts that present original
unpublished research in all areas of parallel and distributed
processing, including the development of experimental or commercial
systems.  Work focusing on emerging technologies is especially
welcome.  Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

--Parallel and distributed algorithms, focusing on issues such as:
   stability, scalability, and fault tolerance of distributed systems,
   communication and synchronization protocols, network algorithms, and
   scheduling and load balancing.

--Applications of parallel and distributed computing, including web
   applications, peer-to-peer computing, grid computing, scientific
   applications, and mobile computing.

--Parallel and distributed architectures, including shared memory,
   distributed memory (including petascale system designs, and
   architectures with instruction-level and thread-level parallelism),
   special-purpose models (including signal and image processors,
   network processors, other special purpose processors),
   nontraditional processor technologies, network and interconnect
   architecture, parallel I/O and storage systems, system design issues
   for low power, design for high reliability, and performance modeling
   and evaluation.

--Parallel and distributed software, including parallel programming
   languages and compilers, runtime systems, operating systems,
   resource management, middleware, libraries, data mining, and
   programming environments and tools.
--------------------

BEST PAPER AWARDS
Awards will be given for one best paper in each of the four conference
technical tracks: algorithms, applications, architectures, and
software.  The selected papers also will be considered for possible
publication in a special issue of the Journal of Parallel and
Distributed Computing.
--------------------

WHAT/WHERE TO SUBMIT
Submitted manuscripts may not exceed 15 single-spaced pages using
12-point size font on 8.5x11 inch pages, including figures, tables,
and references.  Authors may submit additional material as an appendix
to their submission, but there is no guarantee that this material will
influence the review process.  Files should be submitted in PDF
format.  Authors must ensure that electronically submitted files are
formatted for 8.5x11 inch paper.

--Submission procedures will be available via web access at
   www.ipdps.org sometime after August 1, 2005.  Return here after that
   date for instructions.

--Authors who have e-mail access, but not web access, should send an
   e-mail message to [email-masked] for an automatic reply that will
   contain detailed instructions for submission of manuscripts.  They
   should also contact the Program Chair at: [email-masked].

--Authors who have no electronic access (e-mail or web) should contact
   the Program Chair at: Department of Computer Science; University of
   Massachusetts Amherst; Amherst, MA 01003, USA.
---------------------

REVIEW OF MANUSCRIPTS
All submitted manuscripts will be reviewed.  Submissions will be
judged on correctness, originality, technical strength, significance,
quality of presentation, and interest and relevance to the conference
scope.  Submitted papers may NOT have appeared in, nor be under
consideration for, another conference or workshop, nor for a journal.
Manuscripts must be received by October 7, 2005, by 5
p.m. U.S. Eastern Daylight Time.  This is a final, hard deadline; to
ensure fairness, no extensions will be given.  Notification of review
decisions will be mailed by December 9, 2005 (typically
electronically).  Camera-ready papers will be due January 21, 2006.
-------------

PROGRAM CHAIR
Arnold L. Rosenberg, University of Massachusetts Amherst, USA
PROGRAM VICE-CHAIRS
--ALGORITHMS
Mikhail J. Atallah, Purdue University, USA
--APPLICATIONS
David A. Bader, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
--ARCHITECTURES
Allan Gottlieb, New York University, USA
--SOFTWARE
Laxmikant Kale, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, USA
-----------------

PROGRAM COMMITTEE
Gagan AGRAWAL (Ohio State) USA
Ishfaq AHMAD (U. Texas/Arlington) USA
Shoukat ALI (U. Missouri/Rolla) USA
Nancy AMATO (Texas A&M) USA
Hagit ATTIYA (The Technion) Israel
Eduard AYGUAD. (U. Polit.cnica de Catalunya) Spain
Olivier BEAUMONT (U. Bordeaux) France
Pete BECKMAN (Argonne National Lab.) USA
Michael BENDER (SUNY/Stony Brook) USA
Azzedine BOUKERCHE (U. Ottawa) Canada
David BROOKS (Harvard) USA
Doug BURGER (U. Texas/Austin) USA
Rajkumar BUYYA (U. Melbourne) Australia
Franck CAPPELLO (INRIA) France
Nikos CHRISOCHOIDES (Coll. of William & Mary) USA
Guojing CONG (IBM TJ Watson Research Center) USA
Toni CORTES (U. Polit.cnica de Catalunya) Spain
Karen DEVINE (Sandia National Lab.) USA
Guy EVEN (Tel-Aviv U.) Israel
Rainer FELDMANN (U. Paderborn) Germany
Wu-chun FENG (Los Alamos National Lab.) USA
John FEO (Cray Inc.) USA
Alfredo FERRO (U. Catania) Italy
Pierre FRAIGNIAUD (U. Paris-Sud) France
Mark A. FRANKLIN (Washington U.) USA
Efstratios GALLOPOULOS (U. Patras) Greece
Guang GAO (U. Delaware) USA
John GAROFALAKIS (U. Patras & CTI) Greece
James R. GOODMAN (U. Auckland) NZ
Ananth GRAMA (Purdue) USA
Manish GUPTA (IBM) USA
Attila GURSOY (Koc U.) Turkey
Kei HIRAKI (U. Tokyo) Japan
Hiroshi IMAI (U. Tokyo) Japan
Mary Jane IRWIN (Penn State) USA
Christos KAKLAMANIS (U. Patras) Greece
Vijay KARAMCHETI (NYU) USA
George KARYPIS (U. Minnesota) USA
Bradley C. KUSZMAUL (MIT) USA
Konrad LAI (Intel Labs) USA
Hyunyoung LEE (U. Denver) USA
Kai LI (Princeton) USA
Keqin LI (SUNY/New Paltz) USA
David LOWENTHAL (U. Georgia) USA
Paul LU (U. Alberta) Canada
Andrew LUMSDAINE (Indiana U.) USA
Xiaosong MA (North Carolina State & ORNL) USA
Grzegorz MALEWICZ (U. Alabama) USA
Allen D. MALONY (U. Oregon) USA
Bernard MANS (Macquarie Univ.) Australia
Satoshi MATSUOKA (Tokyo Inst. of Technology) Japan
Tim MATTSON (Intel) USA
Sally A. MCKEE (Cornell) USA
Celso MENDES (U. Illinois) USA
Ulrich MEYER (Max Planck Inst.) Germany
Russ MILLER (SUNY/Buffalo) USA
Michael O'BOYLE (U. Edinburgh) UK
Kunle OLUKOTUN (Stanford) USA
Marios PAPAEFTHYMIOU (U. Michigan) USA
Manish PARASHAR (Rutgers) USA
Kunsoo PARK (Seoul National U.) Korea
Yale N. PATT (U. Texas/Austin) USA
Fabrizio PETRINI (Los Alamos National Lab.) USA
Cynthia A. PHILLIPS (Sandia National Lab.) USA
Beth PLALE (Indiana U.) USA
C. Greg PLAXTON (U. Texas/Austin) USA
Sushil K. PRASAD (Georgia State) USA
Geppino PUCCI (U. Padova) Italy
Patrice QUINTON (U. Rennes) France
Sanguthevar RAJASEKARAN (U. Connecticut) USA
Partha RANGANATHAN (HP Labs) USA
Sanjay RANKA (U. Florida) USA
Lawrence RAUCHWERGER (Texas A&M) USA
Alexander REINEFELD (Zuse Inst.) Germany
Adi ROS.N (The Technion) Israel
Larry RUDOLPH (MIT) USA
P. SADAYAPPAN (Ohio State) USA
Subhash SAINI (NASA Ames) USA
Pascal SAINRAT (U. Paul Sabatier) France
Christian SCHEIDELER (Johns Hopkins) USA
Christian SCHINDELHAUER (U. Paderborn) Germany
Karsten SCHWAN (Georgia Inst. Technology) USA
Peter SLOOT (U. Amsterdam) The Netherlands
Per STENSTROM (U. Chalmers) Sweden
Quentin F. STOUT (U. Michigan) USA
Michela TAUFER (U. Texas/El Paso) USA
Patricia J. TELLER (U. Texas/El Paso) USA
Denis TRYSTRAM (U. Grenoble) France
Dean TULLSEN (U. California/San Diego) USA
Mateo VALERO (U. Polit.cnica de Catalunya) Spain
Jeffrey VETTER (Oak Ridge National Lab.) USA
Uzi VISHKIN (U. Maryland) USA
Charles WEEMS (U. Massachusetts) USA
Uri WEISER (Intel) Israel
Li XIAO (Michigan State) USA
Zhiwei XU (Chinese Academy of Sciences) China
Yuanyuan YANG (SUNY/Stony Brook) USA
Albert Y. ZOMAYA (U. Sydney) Australia
 		  ==================================
 		  ==================================

IPDPS 2006 LOCATION
The 20th IEEE International Parallel & Distributed Processing
Symposium, hosted by the Research Academic Computer Technology
Institute (CTI, Greece), will be held on the Isle of Rhodes in Greece
at the Rodos Palace Resort Hotel & Convention Center.  Considered a
premier European conference site, the hotel tower provides spectacular
views of gardens and the blue Aegean Sea alongside its modern
conference facilities. Situated on the Mediterranean Sea at the
crossroads of two continents, Rodos combines the worldliness of Europe
with the mystery of the Orient in an atmosphere that allows visitors
to discover ancient Greek cities, a medieval town with its own castle,
charming small villages, and sun drenched beaches.  Rodos is also one
of the most developed islands in the Mediterranean, providing every
holiday amenity, including a yachting harbor, entertaining night life,
and casino and sports facilities. The Rodos airport has direct flights
to major international cities and other Aegean islands as well as many
daily flights from Athens International Airport. With 300 sunny days
per year, the island holds the Greek record for sunshine, and its
remarkably rich legacy in archaeological treasures and developed
tourism infrastructure make Rodos a very special place to gather for
IPDPS 2006.  Plan to arrive early and stay late!

WORKSHOPS COMMITTEE
Chair: Alan Sussman, University of Maryland, USA
Vice-Chair: Yuanyuan Yang, State University of New York, Stony Brook, USA
COMMERCIAL PRESENTATIONS & EXHIBITS CO-CHAIRS
John K. Antonio, University of Oklahoma, USA
Theodoros Komninos, Computer Technology Institute, Greece
PROCEEDINGS CHAIR
Shoukat Ali, University of Missouri-Rolla, USA
FINANCE CHAIR
Bill Pitts, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., USA
LOCAL ARRANGEMENTS CO-CHAIRS
Susamma Barua, California State University, Fullerton, USA
Rozina Efstathiadou, Computer Technology Institute, Greece
Lena Gourdoupi, Computer Technology Institute, Greece
PRODUCTION CHAIR
Sally Jelinek, Electronic Design Associates, Inc., USA
PUBLICITY COORDINATORS
--AMERICAS
Bo Hong, Drexel University, USA
--ASIA/PACIFIC RIM
Cho-Li Wang, University of Hong Kong, China
--EUROPE/AFRICA
Ioannis Chatzigiannakis, Computer Technology Institute, Greece

STEERING COMMITTEE
David A. Bader, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
Luc Boug., ENS Cachan & IRISA, Rennes, France
K. Mani Chandy, California Institute of Technology, USA
Jean-Luc Gaudiot, University of California, Irvine, USA
Ali R. Hurson, Pennsylvania State University, USA
Joseph JaJa, University of Maryland, USA
F. Tom Leighton, MIT, USA
Sotiris E. Nikoletseas, CTI & University of Patras, Greece
Co-Chair: Viktor K. Prasanna, University of Southern California, USA
Jos. D.P. Rolim, University of Geneva, Switzerland
Arnold L. Rosenberg, University of Massachusetts Amherst, USA
Sartaj Sahni, University of Florida, USA
Behrooz Shirazi, University of Texas at Arlington, USA
H. J. Siegel, Colorado State University, USA
Paul Spirakis, CTI & University of Patras, Greece
Hal Sudborough, University of Texas at Dallas, USA
Charles Weems, University of Massachusetts Amherst, USA
Co-Chair: George B. Westrom, Future Scientists & Engineers of America, USA

IPDPS 2006 WORKSHOPS
Workshops at IPDPS are held on the first and last day of the
symposium.  Next year in Greece that will be Tuesday, April 25th and
Saturday, April 29th.  Workshops are an opportunity to explore special
topics, and running a workshop in association with IPDPS offers many
advantages.  For more information on organizing a workshop, contact
Workshops Chair Alan Sussman ([email-masked]).  Workshops already
planned for 2006 are listed on the IPDPS Web at www.ipdps.org.

IPDPS 2006 COMMERCIAL PARTICIPATION
There are three exciting forums available for commercial participants
to showcase their technologies at IPDPS 2006: (1) Give a presentation
in a special Commercial Track, which includes publication of a
technical article in the proceedings of the symposium. (2) Offer an
evening Commercial Tutorial to provide orientation and training to
symposium participants interested in using and/or learning more about
your technology. (3) Participate in three days of Commercial Exhibits
by having a booth where your company can promote awareness about its
recent technological advances in a "walk-up-and-talk" setting with a
diverse audience.  Participants in one or more of the above events
will be designated as Commercial Sponsors and will have their company
logo linked on the IPDPS home page.  For more detailed information and
to reserve your spot, contact one of the Commercial Co-chairs - John
K. Antonio ([email-masked]) or Theodoros Komninos ([email-masked]) -
as early as possible but no later than January 1, 2006.

IPDPS BIRDS-OF-A-FEATHER
These are informal sessions in which a group of researchers can gather
for discussions on a topic of mutual interest.  BOF space will be
available early in the evening and a typical BOF session will last one
to two hours. We'll provide the space, you provide the topic and
gather the people. Please reserve space in advance by contacting the
General Vice Chair Charles Weems ([email-masked]). Reservations
should be made by January 16, 2006.  BOF sessions will be advertised
in advance of the meeting on the  IPDPS web site and can be linked to
a BOF announcement web page. The goal of the BOF sessions is to
encourage new collaborations and research directions, to inspire
educational initiatives, and to nurture the development of new
workshop proposals and other initiatives and interactions within our
community.
 		  ==================================
 		  ==================================

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6