Subject: [Mip6] CFP - Internationl Symposium on Wireless Pervasive Computing 2006, P huket, Thailand

From: Yeo Boon Sain <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 10:05:06 +0800

We sincerely apologize if you receive this CFP more than once.

--------------------------------------------------------
1st International Symposium on Wireless Pervasive Computing 2006
16 - 18 January 2006, Phuket, Thailand

Technically Sponsored by IEEE Communications Society
Hosted by Suranaree University of Technology, Thailand

IMPORTANT DATES

Last date for submitting of papers, proposals for tutorials and panel
sessions: August 1, 2005
Notification of Acceptance: September 15, 2005
Last date for submission of camera-ready versions of accepted papers:
November 15, 2005

Wireless pervasive computing is a rapidly growing area increasingly
attracting attention due to its potential impact on the quality of
lifestyles of individuals. This can only be made possible by integrating
technologies from the fields of communications , signal processing ,
computing and numerous other fields. This symposium aims to provide a
platform for researchers in the collective area of wireless pervasive
computing or any of the related areas to showcase their results, launch new
ideas, as well as to interact with colleagues from this area.

The scope of the symposium covers concepts and all enabling technologies of
wireless pervasive computing. This includes a huge variety of topics ranging
from wireless communications and networking to services and applications of
pervasive computing . A series of panel and tutorials will also seek to
inform and invoke interaction among researchers which are interested in this
area.

Topics of interest include but are NOT LIMITED to the following:
. PCS, GPRS, EDGE, 3GPP, UMTS, GSM and B3G systems
. Bluetooth technologies
. Air interfaces (e.g. CDMA, OFDM, TDMA)
. Dynamic spectrum management
. Signal processing
. Wireless access techniques
. Multirate and multicarrier communications
. Detection and estimation
. Signal separation and interference rejection
. Power control
. Interference avoidance
. Wireless systems design
. Propagation and channel characterization
. Diversity techniques & equalization
. UWB
. Multi-user Detection
. MIMO systems
. WiMAX
. Cooperative coding and algorithms
. WLANs and WPANs
. RF systems
. Coding and modulation techniques
. Location management techniques
. Localization and tracking techniques
. Wireless multimedia
. Switching and routing techniques
. Wireless multicasting
. Wireless network architecture
. Ad hoc networks
. Wireless sensor networks
. Speech and video processing
. Wireless security
. Security applications
. Wearable devices
. Middleware
. Multimedia systems
. Resource management and interference management
. Healthcare applications

PAPER SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

Acceptance will be based on an extended abstract of about 1500 words (two
pages in the standard IEEE conference format). The extended abstract should
include diagrams, initial results, and details required for the reviewers to
assess the contribution of your work. A short summary of approximately 150
words is also required at the time of submission of the extended abstract.
Extended abstracts must be submitted electronically by August 1, 2005, via
EDAS (http://edas.info).
PANEL SESSIONS & TUTORIALS

Proposals for Tutorial and Panel Sessions are also being solicited.
Tutorials (half-day or full-day sessions) are intended to provide in-depth
learning on a specific topic of interest to the participants. Panel sessions
are 60 minutes long. They present leaders in a particular area discussing a
topic of interest within the scope of the symposium. Proposals for Tutorials
and Panel sessions should consist of 1000 words summary, a 150 word
abstract, and a cover page listing the details of the author(s).

The pdf version of the cfp can be found at http://www.iswpc.org/2006/cfp.pdf

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6