Subject: RE: [Mip6] Draft on Securing Home Agent List

From: "DENG, HUI -HCHBJ" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 08:42:39 +0800

> Are there other router -to- router communications, for example? 
 >--Jari

 I will not say whether there are dangerous existed in the home network.
 Regarding router redundancy, VRRP historically consider security issue.
 but finally they just use only one hop judgement for security issue.

 Secondly, issues of multiple home agents have not been considered
mostly 
 in the working group, I guess that bootstrap also not consider scenario
of
 multiple home agents.

-Hui

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: Rajesh Shetty <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 11:14:06 +0530

Hi Sachin,

   Please find my concerns, about the mentioned solution

   If entry is not present in Home Agent List then

           o Add the entry in Home Agent list and make the state of that
             entry as STALE (same as ND, when entry is added in
             Neighbor cache through RA, it is added in STALE state).
           o After adding the entry start the neighbor reachability
             detection as per RFC-2461 [2] for that link local address

   Its better to give a Random Delay before starting a neighbour
reachability detection,
   Since more than one recieving Home Agent might start reachability
detection at the same
   time.

Rajesh

----- Original Message -----
From: "DENG, HUI -HCHBJ" <[email-masked]>
To: "Jari Arkko" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>; "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>; "COMBES Jean-Michel RD-MAPS-ISS"
<[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 6:12 AM
Subject: RE: [Mip6] Draft on Securing Home Agent List

-Hui