Subject: RE: [Mip6] Clarification needed

From: "Srinivasa, Arun" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:57:17 +0530

All,

I agree with Rajesh suggestion. It looks like it is mandatory to change
Invalid to "deprecated".

Arun

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Rajesh Shetty
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 2:42 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Subject: [Mip6] Clarification needed

Hi all,

      This is Regarding RFC 3775 section 10.3.1.  Primary Care-of
Address Registration

Quoted From the section mentioned Above :

Regardless of the setting of the Acknowledge (A) bit in the Binding
   Update, the home agent MUST return a Binding Acknowledgement to the
   mobile node constructed as follows:

      The Status field MUST be set to a value indicating success.  The
      value 1 (accepted but prefix discovery necessary) MUST be used if
      the subnet prefix of the specified home address is deprecated or
      becomes deprecated during the lifetime of the binding, or becomes
      invalid at the end of the lifetime.  

There is a small confusion here 

       As per my knowledge subnet prefix has to become deprecated before
going to 
            invalid state.

      If the above holds good than we can change the mentioned statement
in RFC to 

      The Status field MUST be set to a value indicating success.  The
      value 1 (accepted but prefix discovery necessary) MUST be used if
      the subnet prefix of the specified home address is deprecated or
      becomes deprecated during the lifetime of the binding or becomes 
      deprecated at the end of the lifetime. 

Rajesh

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6