Subject: [Mip6] HAHA and HA reliability

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 14:10:59 -0700

hi folks,

since we are on the topic of HA reliability, we recently revised
and submitted a draft on HA reliability based on the HAHA
protocol. you can find it at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-devarapalli-mip6-nemo-local-haha-00.txt
It has been completely re-written. it also has a section on using
VRRPv6 with HAHA. comments are welcome.

HAHA in general supports placing HAs in geographically separate
locations while still serving the same home prefix. this is
described in
http://www.mobilenetworks.org/nemo/drafts/draft-thubert-nemo-global-haha-00.txt

the HAHA messages are defined in
http://www.mobilenetworks.org/nemo/drafts/draft-wakikawa-mip6-nemo-haha-spec-00.txt

Vijay

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: Thierry Ernst <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 12:12:16 +0900

Hi,

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 14:10:59 -0700

> http://www.mobilenetworks.org/nemo/drafts/draft-wakikawa-mip6-nemo-haha-spec-00.txt

In the case where HA are placed in geographically separate locations,
this is indeed a multihoming configuration as defined in
draft-montavont-mobileip-multihoming-pb-statement (for host mobility)
and draft-ietf-nemo-multihoming-issues (for network mobility). 

As such, and since it covers for MIP6 and NEMO,  I think it falls into
the scope of the Monami6 BOF (http://www.nautilus6.org/ietf). However,
we have not yet initiated the discussion on this topic on the Monami6 ML
and it may be too much discussion for the BOF. If Monami6 can
become a WG, I think it should be added in our charter as a Monami6 WG
item.

Thierry