Subject: [Mip6] Call For Papers: Workshop on emerging services delivery platforms and software models for Next Generation Network Services

From: "Joshy Joseph" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 23:18:58 -0700

Apologies, if you receive multiple copies of this request.

Call For Papers:  Workshop on emerging services delivery platforms and
software models for Next Generation Network Services
(http://www.softplatforms.org)

This workshop will be held in conjunction with the FIRST International
Conference on COMmunication System softWAre and MiddlewaRE (COMSWARE
2006) at New Delhi, India (http://www.comsware.org/) from Jan 8-12 2006.

The exact date of the workshop will be made available on the workshop's
Web site http://www.softplatforms.org.

Workshop Objectives: 

The next generation services networks deliver enhanced business
capabilities such as data, video, messaging and business functions for
wired and wireless consumers. These new sets of services enhance the
business opportunities by integrating with core business services,
including: supply chain management, customer management, and consumer
applications. This workshop aims to discuss topics related to emerging
next generation services and service delivery platforms to host/support
such complex application environments. 

The workshop focuses on:

* How next generation service delivery platforms deliver enhanced QoS
management, operational efficiencies, flexible services composability,
faster time-to-market, efficient trust models and flexible pricing
models.

* Technical and business factors influencing the services composability
and network services delivery environments. The associated revenue and
cost models for consumers, suppliers and application providers.

* The influences of emerging distributed computing architecture styles
(loosely-coupled, asynchronous, compos able, collaborative,
decentralized and parallel services) related to service delivery models.

* Emerging middleware platforms for network services, service
composability, distributed architecture models and programming models.

* New services models (communication services, presence-enabled
services, content/media services and enterprise/legacy services) and
value creation environments that represents new business opportunities
for operators and providers.

This workshop invites papers from research and business communities on
the different aspects of service delivery platforms and emerging
services models. The workshop will include papers that examine
interesting practical problems, case studies, best practices, middleware
platforms and innovative messaging architectures. 

Submission Guidelines:

All papers are limited to 5 pages and must be in standard IEEE
double-column format. All submissions must be sent by email to the
workshops co-chairs with the e-mail addresses given above. 

Important Dates: 

Paper Submission Deadline: September 23, 2005 

Notification of Acceptance: October 28, 2005 

Camera-Ready Papers: November 25, 2005 

Contact and organization:

For any questions regarding the workshop feel free to contact 

1. Craig Fellenstein, IBM ([email-masked]) 

2. Joshy Joseph, Microsoft ([email-masked]) 

Submission requirements:

All papers are limited to 5 pages and must be in standard IEEE
double-column format. All submissions must be sent by email to the
workshops co-chairs.

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6