Subject: [Mip6] A question regarding draft-devarapalli-mip4-mobike-connectivity-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 18:08:15 +0300

Hi,

There was this MIP4 draft
(draft-devarapalli-mip4-mobike-connectivity-00)
proposing combining MOBIKE and MIP4 in a pretty nice way. Common
understanding is so far  seems to be that there shouldn't be anything
strictly MIP4 specific in this solution. Wouldn't it be worth thinking
of a MIP6 version of this proposed solution as well? Also, IMHO, it
could
be worth thinking how to make use of general IKEv2 capabilities that 
could come along with (possibly) tightly couple or colocated HA and
IKEv2
capable VPN GW.
 
>From a telco (3GPP-WLAN interworking.. and maybe 3GPP2-WLAN interworking
as well) perspective MOBIKE with MIP6 could actually provide one
solution
for migration in heterogeneous access network. I was thinking of the
case,
where the cellular using MIP6 would be considered as the trusted network
and the other accesses (e.g. WLANs) as untrusted. There MOBIKE could be
used to provide access also in untrusted IPv4 access networks.

Any comments?

Cheers,
	Jouni

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6