Subject: [Mip6] I-D announcement: draft-patil-mip6-whyauthdataoption-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 09:02:04 -0500

I-D ACTION:draft-patil-mip6-whyauthdataoption-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Why Authentication Data suboption is needed
for MIP6
	Author(s)	: G. Dommety, B. Patil
	Filename	: draft-patil-mip6-whyauthdataoption-01.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2005-9-30
	
Mobile IPv6 defines a set of messages that enable the mobile node
   (MN) to authenticate and perform registration with its home agent
   (HA).  These authentication signaling messages between the mobile
   node and home agent are secured by an IPsec SA that is established
   between the MN and HA.  The MIP6 Working group ID
   draft-ietf-mip6-auth- protocol-04.txt specifies a mechanism to secure
   the binding update and binding acknowledgement messages using an
   authentication option, similar to authentication option in Mobile
   IPv4, carried within the messages that are exchanged between the MN
   and HA to establish a binding.  This document provides the
   justifications as to why the authentication option mechanism is
   needed for Mobile IPv6 deployment in certain deployment environments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-patil-mip6-whyauthdataoption-0
1.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
i-d-announce-request at ietf.org with the word unsubscribe in the body
of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-patil-mip6-whyauthdataoption-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6