Subject: [Mip6] MN-HA Reliability Work?

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 00:10:42 -0700

So the outcome of the meeting on Tues. for HA reliability seems
inconclusive, but I am interested whether the WG has any interest in
continuing work on MN-HA reliability? My suggestion would be to combine
draft-haley and draft-li into a draft that covered new HA initiated IKE (in
case the existing HA crashes) and existing HA initiated switching (for
controlled shutdown).

            jak

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 09:51:04 +0200

In your previous mail you wrote:

=> I've just done a comment about MOBIKE at the MONAMI6 BOF...
Unfortunately it seems I can do the same about MN-HA Reliability,
for instance the HA initiated IKE should not be compatible with
the "initiator decides" of MOBIKE. Of course this applies only with
IKEv2 but I believe everybody will switch to it as soon as it will
become widely available (error #33 ? :-)   
   
Thanks

[email-masked]

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 01:51:34 -0700

Francis,

Could you elaborate how you think this affects Qin's draft idea of having an
HA be able to initiate the SA?

        jak