Subject: [Mip6] [Securecomm-cfp] CALL FOR PAPERS - Workshop "Security and Privacy in Future Business Services" at ETRICS'06

From: "Moritz Strasser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 10:52:06 +0100

CALL FOR PAPERS

                     Submission Deadline February 15, 2006

============================================================================
           Workshop “Security and Privacy in Future Business Services”

============================================================================

                         International Conference on
            Emerging Trends in Information and Communication Security
    /\
    ||__^_  /\                   ETRICS 2006
_/\_|     \_||______________________________________________________________
                       June 6-9, 2006, FREIBURG, GERMANY

                        http://www.etrics.org/workshops

Individualization of business services is one of the most promising business
development prospects for future markets. Customized products and services,
individual price differentiation, personalized promotions, and
location/time-sensitive addressing of customers are raising marketers’
attention. Particularly ubiquitous computing technologies, with their
mobile and wireless interfaces, are laying the grounds for these
developments: information about purchase behavior and location, proximity,
presence, after-sales usage patterns, and even personal emotional states
will potentially be combined and analyzed. 

Technical progress, however, not only improves the available data pool but
also results in new challenges for security and privacy. Handling the
trade-off between high-quality individualized services and maintaining
privacy and security seems to be a key factor for business success. Without
suitable mechanisms for enforcing the correct handling of data collection
and processing, new service ideas may not receive marketplace acceptance.

This workshop therefore focuses on technical and economic mechanisms
addressing the trade-off between privacy and individualization. It aims to
bring together privacy experts on an international level to discuss recent
advances in trust-promoting mechanisms. To this end, the workshop seeks
submissions from academia and industry presenting novel research on
theoretical and practical aspects of security and privacy technologies as
well as economic models that may enforce a correct handling of sensitive
data. Theoretical work, prototypes and experimental studies are equally
welcome. 

Selected contributions will be invited to submit a full paper to a special
issue of the Wirtschaftsinformatik journal.

Topics of interest include but are not limited to: 
==================
* Valuation of personal data/private information 
* Private data markets and market mechanisms
* Trust management from a business process perspective
* Trust management from a technical perspective
* Political dimensions of privacy and security
* Drivers of technology acceptance: what is the role of privacy and security
in a Technology Acceptance Model? 
* Empirical studies on privacy and/or security perception and behavior 
* Technical mechanisms to promote trust, privacy and security, especially
  - Reputation mechanisms
  - Architectures and models for identity management
  - Pseudonymity management
  - Anonymity
  - Authentication
* Privacy and security for RFID and location-based technologies 
* Privacy-enhancing technologies for enterprises

Important Dates: 
================ 
February 15, 2006: Submission of position paper (send 2 pages to
[email-masked]), 
March 10, 2006: Notification of acceptance for the workshop, 
March 10, 2006: Invitation to submit a full paper to the journal
Wirtschaftsinformatik

Workshop Chairs: 
================ 
Stefan Sackmann, University of Freiburg, Germany
Sarah Spiekermann, University of Berlin, Germany

Program Committee: 
================== 
Alessandro Acquisti, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, USA
Jens Grossklags, UC Berkeley, USA 
Marit Hansen, Independent Centre for Privacy Protection Schleswig-Holstein,
Germany 
Marc Langheinrich, ETH Zurich, Switzerland 
Ursula Sury, Hochschulen für Wirtschaft und Technik und Architektur Luzern,
Switzerland 

_______________________________________________
Securecomm-cfp mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mantis.cs.colorado.edu/mailman/listinfo/securecomm-cfp

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6