Subject: [Mip6] SECON 2006 Call for Papers

From: "Wendi Heinzelman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 22:16:56 -0500

=======================================================
                         CALL FOR PAPERS

                          IEEE SECON 2006

 Third Annual IEEE Communications Society Conference on
 Sensor, Mesh and Ad Hoc Communications and Networks

                         Reston, VA, USA
                    September 25-29, 2006

              Paper submissions due (via EDAS):
          April 1, 2006 (Abstract/title registration)
                 April 7, 2006 (Full paper)

         http://www.ieee-secon.org/2006/index.html

=======================================================

The third annual IEEE SECON conference will provide a unique forum to
exchange ideas, techniques, and applications, discuss best practices,
raise awareness, and share experiences among researchers,
practitioners, standard developers and policy makers in the field of
sensor, ad hoc, and mesh networks and systems.  IEEE SECON grew out of
IEEE INFOCOM (http://www.ieee-infocom.org) in 2004, in order to create
an event that focused on the important and exciting topics of Sensor,
Mesh and Ad Hoc Communications and Networks.

The conference will be organized to provide for collegiality and
continuity in the discussions of the various topics among participants
from the industrial, governmental and academic sectors.

Original technical papers that address the communications, networking,
applications, systems and algorithmic aspects of mesh and sensor
networks, as well as those that describe practical deployment and
implementation experiences are solicited for presentation at the
conference and publication in the conference proceedings.  Papers
presenting novel contributions in such disciplines as communications,
networking protocols and architectures, algorithms, embedded systems,
middleware and information management, and novel applications are
solicited.

PAPERS:

Full papers - describing original, previously unpublished research
work, experimental efforts, practical experiences, and industrial and
commercial developments in sensor, ad hoc, and mesh communications and
networks - are solicited. Papers with a deep focus on a specific
discipline or stimulated by the synergistic interaction of diverse
disciplines are encouraged.  Papers describing practical application
of technology to real-world problems are similarly encouraged.  Papers
submitted should not be concurrently under review at another
conference, journal or similar venue.

Particular topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

* New architectures and protocols to support communication,
localization, time synchronization, routing, data dissemination, and
other distributed services in heterogeneous, large-scale distributed,
mesh networks and sensor networks
 
* Novel algorithms and theories for management, supervisory control,
and monitoring of distributed ad hoc networks, and techniques for the
interpretation and use of sensor data in decision-making processes

* Modeling and performance evaluation of large-scale distributed ad
hoc and sensor networks, practical implementations and deployments,
and real-world experiences

* Theories and models on fundamental information and communication
aspects of wireless mesh and sensor networks

* Mechanisms for authenticated, secure communication and data
dissemination in sensor and mesh networks

* Algorithms and protocols to support quality of service in mesh and
sensor networks, including admission control, resource allocation and
fairness, and capacity planning

* Integration of sensors into engineered systems, including novel
techniques for on-sensor renewable power sources, mechanisms for
on-sensor self-calibration and self-testing, and efficient schemes to
maximize accuracy and minimize false alarms

* Hardware platforms incorporating multiple sensors, computation,
actuation, and wireless interfaces

* Software platforms, middleware, and tools for mesh and sensor
network applications development, deployment, and management

TUTORIALS AND PANELS:

Proposals for tutorials and panels on current topics in the field of
ad hoc and sensor networking and applications are solicited. Panels
related to the commercial application and development of sensors and
mesh networks are especially encouraged.

DEMOS AND EXPO: 

Demonstrations that showcase practical implementations, industrial and
commercial developments, and new applications for mesh and sensor
networks are solicited.

                          SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:

All paper submissions will be handled electronically through the EDAS
system. Details regarding the paper format and the submission process
will be announced shortly at
http://www.ieee-secon.org/2006/index.html.

Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings and
will appear on IEEE Xplore. IEEE Communications Society policy states
that all accepted SECON 2006 papers must have at least one
registration at the regular rate.  For authors co-authoring multiple
papers, one regular registration is valid for up to three papers.

IMPORTANT DATES:

Paper registration:  April 1, 2006, by 5pm EDT
Full Paper Submission:  April 7, 2006, by 5pm EDT
Decision Notification:  June 15, 2006, by 5pm EDT
Camera-ready paper due:  July 7, 2006, by 5pm EDT

Demo proposals due:  June 1, 2006, by 5pm EDT 
Poster proposals due:  June 30, 2006, by 5pm EDT 
Tutorial/Panel proposals due: May 1, 2006, by 5pm EDT           

      CONFERENCE ORGANIZING COMMITEE

GENERAL CHAIR:

Krishna Sivalingam, University of Maryland Baltimore County, [email-masked]

TECHNICAL PROGRAM CO-CHAIRS:

Mark Yarvis, Intel Corporation, [email-masked]
Michele Zorzi, Universita' degli Studi di Padova, [email-masked]

POSTERS/DEMOS CO-CHAIRS:

Stefano Basagni, Northeastern University, [email-masked]
Cedric Westphal, Nokia, [email-masked]

PANELS CO-CHAIRS:

TBA

TUTORIALS CHAIR:

Tom Hou, Virginia Tech, [email-masked]

PUBLICITY CHAIR:

Wendi Heinzelman, University of Rochester, [email-masked]

EXHIBITS/SPONSORSHIPS CHAIR:

Vishal Anand, SUNY Brockport, [email-masked]

LOCAL ARRANGEMENTS CHAIR:

Mohamed Eltoweissy, Virgina Tech, [email-masked]

STANDING COMMITTEE: 
  Fred Bauer ([email-masked]), PacketHop (CHAIR)
  Harvey Freeman, Booz Allen Hamilton
  Sung-Ju Lee, HP Labs
  Prasant Mohapatra, University of California, Davis

       TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE

TBA

==========================================================================

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6