Subject: [Mip6] one question about Return Routability procedure

From: "Liu Min" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 15:56:45 +0800

I have one question about the Return Routability procedure in mobile IPv6
specification.

If MN uses "bidirectional tunneling" mode to communicate with CN, it will
only send BU to HA. If MN uses "route optimization" mode, after sending a BU
to HA, it will initiate a correspondent registration. This procedure
consists of the Return Routability (RR) procedure followed by a registration
to CN. Does the MN have to receive the BA from HA before it initiates a RR
procedure? Or it can perform RR procedure after sending BU to HA, without
receiving the BA from HA?

Best Wishes,

Liu Min

Institute of Computing Technology
Chinese Academy of Sciences
Tel: (86-10) 6256 5533-9240 
E-mail: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: Christian Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 12:33:35 +0100

Hi Lin,

the RR can be run in parallel with the home registration.  But some 
implementations don't do that.

A BU should not be sent to the CN before the home registration was 
acknowledged, however.

- Christian

-- 
Christian Vogt, Institute of Telematics, University of Karlsruhe
www.tm.uka.de/~chvogt/pubkey/

Liu Min wrote:
> I have one question about the Return Routability procedure in mobile 
> IPv6 specification.
> 
> If MN uses “bidirectional tunneling” mode to communicate with CN, it 
> will only send BU to HA. If MN uses “route optimization” mode, after 
> sending a BU to HA, it will initiate a correspondent registration. This 
> procedure consists of the Return Routability (RR) procedure followed by 
> a registration to CN. Does the MN have to receive the BA from HA before 
> it initiates a RR procedure? Or it can perform RR procedure after 
> sending BU to HA, without receiving the BA from HA?
> 
> Best Wishes,
> 
> Liu Min