Subject: [Mip6] CFP: MobiQuitous 2006

From: "Prasun Sinha" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 23:19:25 -0500

Please accept my sincere apologies, if you are receiving multiple copies of this CFPPrasun Sinha

   -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

                                  MobiQuitous 2006
                         The Third Annual International Conference on
            Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems: Computing, Networking and Services
                               http://www.mobiquitous.org
                                  July 17 -- 21, 2006
                               San Jose, California, USA
                             (ACM/IEEE sponsorship pending)

The combination of mobile and ubiquitous computing is emerging as a promising
new paradigm with the goal to provide computing and communication services all
the time, everywhere, transparently and invisibly to the user, using devices
embedded in the surrounding physical environment. In this context, the
communication devices, the objects with which they interact, or both may be
mobile. The implementation of such a paradigm requires advances in wireless
network technologies and devices, development of infrastructures supporting
cognitive environments, and discovery and identification of ubiquitous computing
applications and services. The Third Annual International Conference on Mobile
and Ubiquitous Systems: networking and services (Mobiquitous-06) will cover
all these aspects, providing a forum where practitioners and researchers coming
from the many areas involved in ubiquitous solutions design and deployment will
be able to interact exchanging the cross-layer experiences needed to build the
overall ubiquitous systems. Areas addressed by the conference include applications,
service-oriented computing, middleware, networking, agents, data management and
services, all with special focus on mobility and ubiquitous computing.

PAPERS:  Technical papers describing original, previously unpublished research,
not currently under review by another conference or journal, are solicited.
The conference is interested in contributions addressing all the areas
associated with mobile and ubiquitous architectures, infrastructure, data
and services. Technical papers clearly identifying how the specific contributions
fit to an overall working solution are particularly of interest. Topics include,
but are not limited to, the following feature topics:

*	Ubiquitous architectures and systems
*	Wearable computing and personal area  networks
*	Wireless technologies for mobile and ubiquitous (Bluetooth, ZigBee, 802.15.x, WiFi)
*	Wireless Internet access in ubiquitous systems
*	Reconfigurability and personalization of wireless networks
*	Service discovery mechanisms, knowledge discovery, matching and composition mechanisms
*	Wireless/mobile service management and delivery
*	Security, privacy and social issues of mobile and ubiquitous systems
*	Peer-to-peer computing and networking
*	Emerging industrial/business/scientific scenarios
*	Multimodal interfaces (speech, video kinetic, tactile)
*	Adaptive and customizable user interfaces
*	Smart spaces
*	Ad hoc and sensor networks
*	Location-based services and tracking
*	Context and location aware application
*	Multimedia encoding and transcoding
*	Middleware services
*	Agent technologies in ubiquitous, wearable, and    mobile systems
*	Hardware and software platforms for ubiquitous systems, and testbeds
*	Context modeling, services and frameworks
*	Toolkits, development environments, and languages for ubiquitous computing
*	Rapid prototyping of ubiquitous applications
*	Ontologies for mobile and ubiquitous computing
*	Mobile and ubiquitous data management

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:  All paper submissions will be handled electronically (see
the conference web page for details). Authors should prepare an Adobe Acrobat PDF
version of their full paper.  Papers must not exceed 8 pages double column (US
Letter size, 8.5 x 11 inches) including text, figures and references. The font size
must be at least 10 points. The deadline for registering the title and the abstract
of the paper with our electronic submission system is February 13, 2006. The deadline
for submitting the actual paper is February 20, 2006. All deadlines are 11:59PM PST.

PUBLICATION: All submitted papers will be rigorously reviewed by the international
technical program committee.  Accepted papers will be published in the conference
proceedings. Papers of particular merit will be proposed for publication in the
ACM/Kluwer Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET) journal.

WORKSHOPS:  Proposals for one-day workshops to be held in conjunction with the conference
are solicited.  A maximum of 2 pages should be submitted which include the workshop
name, its scope and a list of topic of interests.  Proposals should be submitted to
both the Workshop Chair by December 16, 2005.

DEMOS:  Proposals for research and industrial demos are solicited.  A maximum of 3
pages should be submitted which include a description of the demo and needed equipment.
Proposals should be submitted to the Demo Chair by March 1, 2006.

IMPORTANT DATES:
Paper registration and submission: February 13 and 20, 2006
Notification of acceptance: April 21, 2006

General Co-Chairs
Hamid Ahmadi, IBM, [email-masked]
Tom La Porta, Penn State, [email-masked]

Program Co-Chairs
Ravi Jain, Google, [email-masked]
Asim Smailagic, CMU, [email-masked]
Arkady Zaslavsky, Monash University, [email-masked]

Workshop Chair
Kin Leung, Imperial College, [email-masked]

Finance Chair
Karen Decker, ICST, [email-masked]

Local Arrangements Chair
Ulas Kozat, DoCoMo Labs, [email-masked]

Web Chair
Patrick Traynor, Penn State, [email-masked]

Steering Committee Chair
Imrich Chlamtac, Create-Net, [email-masked]

Publicity Chair
Prasun Sinha, Ohio State University, [email-masked]

   -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6