Subject: RE:RE: [Mip6] About roaming between MIP4 and MIP6!

From: yechengping <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 16:07:28 +0800

Hi Shashidhar,

	You list two main scenarios with MN'roaming  between MIPv6 and
MIPv4. I think this roaming shoud include handover,security and
bootstrapping.Handover involved in HAv4 (a home agent in MIPv4),HAv6(a
home agent in MIPv6),MA(a router between MIPv4 and MIPv6) and so on.And
new security perhaps emerged from the handover,so how to solve this
problem is also very important. Of cause ,Bootstrapping is also
necessary.
	As far as MN,it is its own characteristic.And it perhaps is with
MIPv4,MIPv6 and both MIPv4 and MIPv6.
	Pour in your opinions,please.

BR,
Chengping Ye

-----Original Message-----
From: Shashidhar P Reddy [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 2:58 PM
To: yechengping; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Mip6] About roaming between MIP4 and MIP6!

Hi Chengping,

I do agree with you. MIP6 should be made interoperable with MIP4.

There are two scenarios which come into picture here:

1. IPv6 Node roaming in IPv4 network.
2. IPv4 Node roaming in IPv6 network.

1st scenario can be handled by end to end tunneling of IPv6 packet in
IPv4 packet. Would require Correspondent node , Home agent and mobile
node to Maintain Binding cache mapping for foreign IPv4 addresses
accordingly.

2nd scenario can also be handled by some MIP6 node intercepting the
packets for mobile ipv4 node which are in the form of IPv4 packets
tunneled in IPv6. This MIP6 node should remove the tunnel and forward it
to mobile IPv4 node.

Please pour in your opinions.

Thanks,
Shashidhar Reddy

-----Original Message-----
From: yechengping [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 11:45 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Mip6] About roaming between MIP4 and MIP6!

Hi all,
	There will be a fact that roaming between MIP4 and MIP6 must be
considered with deployment of MIP6. There , However,is no solution for
the roaming . What do you think about this roaming?Please give your
opinions,thanks.

BR
Chengping Ye

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

#########################################################
THIS EMAIL MESSAGE IS FOR THE SOLE USE OF THE INTENDED
RECIPIENT(S) AND MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVILEGED INFORMATION.
ANY UNAUTHORIZED REVIEW, USE, DISCLOSURE OR DISTRIBUTION IS
PROHIBITED.BEFORE OPENING ANY ATTACHMENTS PLEASE CHECK FOR VIRUSES AND
DEFECTS.IF YOU ARE NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT, PLEASE NOTIFY US
IMMEDIATELY BY REPLY E-MAIL AND DELETE THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE.
##########################################################

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6