Subject: RE: [Mip6] HA reliability issue

From: "Mohamed Khalil" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 15:09:04 -0500

Hi Brian,

We have stopped working in this issue with the WG because the decision
at that time is that the HA Reliability & Scalability should be solved
by HW, as far as, I remember. The work is done in this area is converted
into academic work with several publications in different journals. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Haley [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 1:55 PM
To: Faizan, Jahanzeb
Cc: [email-masked]; Richard Frisby
Subject: Re: [Mip6] HA reliability issue

Faizan, Jahanzeb wrote:
> HA reliability is already a "solved" problem. Look at the references 
> below. I am not sure though what the design team is trying to
do.....reinventing the wheel or something else?
>  
> 
> [1]     J. Faizan, H. El-Rewini, and M. Khalil, "Problem Statement:
Home Agent Reliability," IETF Draft,
draft-jfaizan-mipv6-ha-reliability-01.txt (work in progress), November
2003.
> 
>  
> 
> [2]     J. Faizan, H. El-Rewini, and M. Khalil, "Virtual Home Agent
Reliability Protocol (VHARP)," IETF Draft,
draft-jfaizan-mipv6-vhar-02.txt (work in progress), April 2004.

These drafts all expired in 2004, and have references to other expired 
drafts.  I also noticed that the CUR message isn't implementable since 
it doesn't precisely define the "data" portion of the message, there 
might be more.  Are there any updates planned?

-Brian

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: Brian Haley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 13:51:49 -0400

> into academic work with several publications in different journals.

Hi Mohamed,

I don't think the WG concluded that a hardware solution was the only one 
necessary, just that some might choose to solve this problem with only 
hardware - that was my comment back in 2004.

All of the people on the DT (including myself) are on the mip6 list, 
hopefully this will prompt us to have more discussions :)

-Brian