Subject: [Mip6] RFC 4584 on Extension to Sockets API for Mobile IPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 15:01:23 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4584

        Title:      Extension to Sockets API for 
                    Mobile IPv6 
        Author:     S. Chakrabarti, E. Nordmark
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       July 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 53995
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mip6-mipext-advapi-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4584.txt

This document describes data structures and API support for Mobile
IPv6 as an extension to the Advanced Socket API for IPv6.

Just as the Advanced Sockets API for IPv6 gives access to various
extension headers and the ICMPv6 protocol, this document specifies
the same level of access for Mobile IPv6 components.  It specifies a
mechanism for applications to retrieve and set information for
Mobility Header messages, Home Address destination options, and
Routing Header Type 2 extension headers.  It also specifies the
common data structures and definitions that might be used by certain
advanced Mobile IPv6 socket applications.  This memo provides information 
for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Mobility for IPv6
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6