Subject: [Mip6] [Researchers] SSI'2006 - 8th International Symposium on System and Information Security

From: "Profa Mirela Sechi Moretti Annoni Notare" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 17:45:42 -0300

-------------------------------------------------------------

                        CALL FOR PAPERS

                           SSI´2006
8th International Symposium on System and Information Security
             Sao Jose dos Campos, Sao Paulo, Brazil
                    November 08-10, 2006

           THESIS AND DISSERTATIONS AWARD

       Summary-Paper Submission Deadline: September 11, 2006

                http://www.ssi.org.br/english/

                       Organized by
       Technological Institute of Aeronautics - ITA
             Department of Computer Science
         and Casimiro Montenegro Filho Foundation

-------------------------------------------------------------
INTRODUCTION

The International Symposium on System and Information Security (SSI)
is organized by Technological Institute of Aeronautics (ITA)
and is the foremost event of its kind in Latin America.

Each year, researchers, students, and practitioners from
academia, industry, and government organizations convene
in Sao Jose' dos Campos, Brazil, to present and discuss
the latest research and developments in the area.

SSI'2006 is selecting the best works in System and
Information Security area, finished, defended and approved
from Jan 01, 2006 to Jul 31, 2006, in the following categories:
    . Under graduation conclusion works;
    . Master dissertation; and
    . PhD thesis.

The award objective is to promote and disseminate the work
of young researchers and stimulate the Brazilian and
Latin-American students that finished their phd, master
and under graduation studies to take part at SSI'2006.

For the submission, the candidates must send papers that
are summaries of their academic final works.

These papers must be 10 to 20 pages long, including
eventual figures, tables and references.
In order to distinguish from regular papers, these works
are here called of "summary-papers".

SSI'2006 aims at providing a larger dissemination of the
high quality material generated by the symposium due the
publication of the accepted papers in the Electronic
Proceedings at conference site.

-------------------------------------------------------------
THE AWARD

It will be chosen one paper in each category among the
summary-papers submitted that conforms the established
requirements.

The certificates will be given in the SSI'2006 award ceremony.
All the awarded authors will receive Certificate proving the
SSI'2006 award, and informing the category.

Moreover, depending of the finance availability, the winner
of each category, if Brazilians, will receive 100% of the
tickets (from home to SSI), plus hotel and SSI'2006 fees.

-------------------------------------------------------------
CERTIFICATION OF FINISHED AND APPROVED WORK

The candidates must send the official CONCLUSION
CERTIFICATE to the Award Coordinator - SSI'2006 CTD
A/C Profa. Mirela Sechi Moretti Annoni Notare
by fax - number (48)3234-2344.

In the case of PhD thesis or master dissertation, the
certification must inform: the title of the defended and
approved work, the defense date, the adviser and co-adviser
names, and the signature of the program coordinator.

In the case of under graduate conclusion works, the certification
must inform: the title of the work, the month and year of the
conclusion, the name of the adviser and co-adviser,and the
signature of the program coordinator.

-------------------------------------------------------------
JUDGMENT

The works will be judge by a committee coordinated by Profa.
Mirela Sechi Moretti Annoni Notare (Barddal Fundation, Brazil).

The committee member names will be available at the
conference site, as soon as possible.

-------------------------------------------------------------
TOPICS

The summary-papers must include or be related to one or more
of the following topics:

  . Artificial Intelligence methods in system security
  . Authentication, access control and auditing
  . Computer forensics
  . Cryptography
  . Database security
  . Dependability
  . Digital certificates and Public Key Infrastructure - PKI
  . Digital Rights Management
  . E-commerce security
  . Firewalls and other security tools
  . Formal methods in system security
  . Internet/Web security
  . Intrusion detection and prevention
  . Management of enterprise security
  . Mobile code and agent security
  . Network security
  . New security paradigms
  . Operating systems security
  . Risk/vulnerability analysis, assessment and management
  . Security in electronic voting systems
  . Security of distributed systems
  . Security of emerging technologies
  . Security policies
  . Secure programming
  . Security in P2P and Grid computing
  . Threats and information warfare
  . Trust management
  . User privacy and anonymity
  . Viruses and other malicious code
  . Wireless and ubiquitous computing security

-------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DATES

Summary-papers submission: 11/09/2006
Acceptance Notification: 02/10/2006
Camera-ready version: 13/10/2006

-------------------------------------------------------------
INSTRUCTIONS TO THE AUTHORS

The summary-papers can be in Portuguese or in English, and
must be in the format .pdf  (or .ps).

The submission is in electronic form only. Summary-papers
should be submitted by the deadline to:
https://submissoes.sbc.org.br/ssi2006 following the link ssi2006TD

The summary-papers follow the same format of the regular papers.
Papers must use 10-point Times New Roman font and have at
most twenty (20) A4 (not Letter) single-spaced, two-column,
unnumbered pages. The page limit include all figures, tables,
and references. Margins should be: left 3 cm, and bottom, top
and right 2 cm. The space between columns should be 1 cm.
Title in font size 10, bold, caps and centered.

Differently of the regular papers,the summary-papers must
include the author identification, affiliation, lab and involved projects.

The summary-papers must have the following organizational structure:
  . Introduction;
  . Declaration of the problem/research object;
  . Description of the previous and related works,
    showing why the problem is not yet well solved;
  . Hypothesis and research questions [optional];
  . Proposed solution;
  . Method used to solve the problem;
  . Research contribution;
  . Research results;
  . Conclusion;
  . References.

Templates to write the papers are available at
http://www.ssi.org.br (link "authors").
The available formats are: Latex Unix,
Latex Windows, Star Office e MS Word (.rtf).
The template aims at facilitating formatting the
summary-paper in the required format.

-------------------------------------------------------------
ACCESS TO THE FULL TEXTS OF THESIS,
DISSERTATIONS AND UNDER GRADUATION
CONCLUSION WORKS

The candidates can make available in the web (via URL or FTP)
their full works, in .pdf format, for the more detailed
reading and evaluation by the committee - just in case some
committee member consider that relevant.
(these addresses should be informed during the submission)

Important to emphasize that the committee member is not
imposed to read the full texts - but read the summary-papers only.

-------------------------------------------------------------
ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

GENERAL CHAIR
Jose M. Parente de Oliveira - ITA, Brazil

TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE CO-CHAIRS
Carlos Becker Westphall - Federal Univ. Santa Catarina, Brazil
José Carlos Brustoloni - University of Pittsburgh, USA

THESIS AND DISSERTATION AWARD CHAIR
Mirela Sechi Moretti Annoni Notare  - Fac. Barddal/SC

-------------------------------------------------------------
FURTHER INFORMATION

Conference announcements and updated information will be
available at: http://www.ssi.org.br

For other information, please send email to the general chair,
Jose M. Parente de Oliveira ([email-masked]).

ITA - Technological Institute of Aeronautics
Computer Science Division
A/C Prof. Jose' M. Parente de Oliveira [General Chair]
Praca Mal. Eduardo Gomes, 50 - Vila das Acacias
12228-901 Sao Jose dos Campos-SP - BRAZIL

Phone +55(12) 3947-6869 [Secretary]
Fax +55(12) 3947-5989 

-- 
Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo sistema de antivírus e
 acredita-se estar livre de perigo.

_______________________________________________
Researchers mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.ufsc.br/mailman/listinfo/researchers

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6