Subject: RE: [Mip6] new charter proposal

From: "Ram O V Vishnu-A14676" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 20:58:03 +0800

Hi,

Sorry if I am interrupting a chain. Quick comments/questions:

<snip>
>But its a good question what the scope of the bootstrapping work should
be. What does the working group think? How >>did we define it in the
problem statement?

Vishnu> Yes, we think 4285 + bootstrapping is a good idea. 

<snip>
>Ideally, I would not like to see that RFC 4285 causes divergent
solutions for every other part of the technology >along with it. Can we
design our DHCP options and AAA interfaces so that they don't care
whether its IKEv2 or >authentication option at the bottom?

Vishnu> In general its possible that the AAA interfaces be designed
agnostic of the south-side interfaces. But how does DHCP options come
into picture? Also, I guess, whether two different AAA client
applications (end-points) would need to use the same/similar interface
(towards AAA) is also a good question.

Regards,
Vishnu.

Motorola India Electronics Pvt Ltd
+91 9844178052
[*] General

-----Original Message-----
From: Jari Arkko [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, July 04, 2006 11:33 PM
To: Gerardo Giaretta
Cc: Mobile IPv6 Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Mip6] new charter proposal

Hi Gerardo,

> thanks for providing the charter proposal. One question: is there any 
> plan to produce docs on bootstrapping of rfc4285?
>
> In the charter proposal it is mentioned that the rationale behind 
> rfc4285 will be produced. Are we going to take a step forward and 
> specify bootstrapping mechanisms also for rfc4285?

The design rationale was really a separate thing. The version of the
charter that I posted does not include coverage of RFC 4285 in other
ways.

But its a good question what the scope of the bootstrapping work should
be. What does the working group think? How did we define it in the
problem statement?

Ideally, I would not like to see that RFC 4285 causes divergent
solutions for every other part of the technology along with it. Can we
design our DHCP options and AAA interfaces so that they don't care
whether its IKEv2 or authentication option at the bottom?

--Jari

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: "Vijay Devarapalli" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 07:30:18 -0700

> > FWIW, I think the problem description in 
> > draft-ietf-mip6-nemo-v4traversal-02.txt is sufficient.
> 
> Which section please?  I can't seem to find one.

most of section 1, 1.1 and 1.2. there is no separate 
problem statement section.

Vijay