Subject: [Mip6] Question about RFC3776 9.3.1 sentences

From: "K.Kawaguchi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 21:02:48 +0900

Hi,

Please teach sentences of RFC3775.

Must CN send the Binding Error in situation of paragraph-1 ?
(Is paragraph-1 included in "The above tests" of paragraph-3 ?)

RFC3775
------------------------------
9.3.1.  Receiving Packets with Home Address Option

  <paragraph-1>
   Packets containing a Home Address option MUST be dropped if the given
   home address is not a unicast routable address.

  <paragraph-2>
   Mobile nodes can include a Home Address destination option in a
   packet if they believe the correspondent node has a Binding Cache
   entry for the home address of a mobile node.  Packets containing a
   Home Address option MUST be dropped if there is no corresponding
   Binding Cache entry.  A corresponding Binding Cache entry MUST have
   the same home address as appears in the Home Address destination
   option, and the currently registered care-of address MUST be equal to
   the source address of the packet.  These tests MUST NOT be done for
   packets that contain a Home Address option and a Binding Update.

  <paragraph-3>
   If the packet is dropped due the above tests, the correspondent node
                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
   MUST send the Binding Error message as described in Section 9.3.3.
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
   The Status field in this message should be set to 1 (unknown binding
   for Home Address destination option).
------------------------------

# I'm sorry. I can't reply to your answers during short japanese summer vacation. :-)

Best regards
---
Kiyoaki KAWAGUCHI

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6