Subject: [Mip6] Review of draft-ietf-mip6-bootstrapping-integrated-02

From: "Gerardo Giaretta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 15:52:05 +0100

Hi all,

I reviewed this draft for the WGLC. I have two comments:

1) I think something is missing for the local HA assignment. In
section 3.2.2 it is stated that the AAAH assigns a HA in the home MSP
but the MN requests a HA in the ASP and the AAAH is  unaware of it.
I think that the ASP should assign a local HA to the MN only after an
indication from the AAAH that the MN is authorized to use a local HA
based on the MN's user profile. There is already a goal about this in
the AAA goals draft (G 6.4).
Therefore in step 1 of Figure 3 the AAAH must include a notification
to the NAS in case the local HA assignment is possible based on MN's
profile.

2) I think that BOOT-SPLIT is a normative reference since this draft
defines only a HA assignment mechanism and all other procedures needed
for MIP6 bootstrapping are defined in BOOT-SPLIT.

--Gerardo

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: "Chowdhury, Kuntal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 11:29:29 -0500

Hi Gerardo,

Thanks for your review and comments. Please see inline....

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Gerardo Giaretta [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 8:52 AM
> To: Mobile IPv6 Mailing List
> Subject: [Mip6] Review of draft-ietf-mip6-bootstrapping-integrated-02
> 
> Hi all,
> 
[KC>] I agree with your comment. In fact this has been discussed w.r.t
the Dime I-D for the AAA part. Basically the ASP includes an Home Agent
information that it will assign to the MN if the MSA authorizes local HA
assignment and if the MN requests for a local HA. Please see section 6.3
in : 
http://www.tschofenig.com/svn/draft-ietf-dime-mip6-integrated/draft-ietf
-dime-mip6-integrated-04.txt

This is a further update based on comments received so far. It will be
posted as soon as the I-D submission gate opens again. We will add
similar clarification in the RADIUS I-D as well. The step 1 in this
(integrated I-D) will be updated as well.

> for MIP6 bootstrapping are defined in BOOT-SPLIT.
[KC>] I agree. We will make that change.