Subject: RE: [Mip6] WGLC: Reviewofdraft-ietf-mip6-bootstrapping-integrated-dhc-02

From: "Chowdhury, Kuntal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 23:52:45 -0500

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Alper Yegin [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Friday, March 02, 2007 5:26 AM
> To: 'Narayanan, Vidya'; 'Mobile IPv6 Mailing List'
> Subject: RE: [Mip6] WGLC: Reviewofdraft-ietf-mip6-bootstrapping-
> integrated-dhc-02
> 
> >
> > 5. I noticed a discussion based on Kilian's comments to include the
HoA
> > allocation via DHCP as a possible option. If we decide to include
that,
> > it would be important to talk about how that HoA gets tied to the SA
> > created between the MN and HA. If the HoA is assinged via IKEv2,
IKEv2
> > takes care of such a binding. If not, we need to describe how the
> > address is bound to the SA. The use of DHCP to assign anything
requiring
> > particular security values is tricky to handle and I suggest that we
> > don't get into that in this draft.
> 
> I'll leave this to Kuntal.
> 
[KC>] Well, I don't understand what is tricky in getting an IPv6 address
assigned from DHCP server and using it in the IKEv2 CFG_REQUEST as
*requested* INTERNAL_IP6_ADDRESS. This is clearly allowed in RFC 4306.
Even mip6-ikev2 spec talks about this:

"
   The mobile node could suggest a home address that it wants to use in
   the CFG_REQUEST.  For example, this could be a home address that it
   was allocated before or could be an address the mobile node auto-
   configured from the IPv6 prefix on the home link.  The Home Agent
   could let the mobile node use the same home address by setting the
   INTERNAL_IP6_ADDRESS attribute in the CFG_REPLY payload to the same
   home address.  If the home agent wants the mobile node to use a
   different home address, it sends a new home address in the
   INTERNAL_IP6_ADDRESS attribute in the CFG_REPLY payload.  The Mobile
   Node MUST stop using its old home address and start using the newly
   allocated home address.
"

-Kuntal

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6