Subject: [Mip6] [Mobopts] New ID: Multicast Mobility in MIPv6: Problem Statement

From: Thomas C Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 22:32:21 +0100

Hi all,

we submitted an updated version of the problem statement
draft on extending Multicast to Mobility.

It should be in the ID directory soon and can immediatly be downloaded
under:

http://www.realmv6.org/papers/draft-schmidt-mobopts-mmcastv6-ps-02.txt

Details:

               Multicast Mobility in MIPv6: Problem Statement
                   <draft-schmidt-mobopts-mmcastv6-ps-02.txt>

Abstract

     In this document we discuss mobility extensions to current IP layer
    multicast solutions. Problems arising from mobile group communication
    in general, in the case of multicast listener mobility and for mobile
    Any Source Multicast as well as Source Specific Multicast senders are
    documented. Characteristic aspects of multicast routing and
    deployment issues are summarized. The principal approaches to the
    multicast mobility problems are outlined subsequently.

The new document contains a number of clarification & language fixes and 
has been extended to include

  o further routing issues, especially bi-directional PIM;
  o additional approaches to a solution of mobile multicast tasks;
  o further references;
  o all major comments from reviewers.

As it seems desirable to advance on the subject, we'd like to emphasize
solicitation of comments & reviews ...

Looking forward to your discussions!

See you in Prague,

thomas

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6