Subject: RE: [Mip6] Revised Milestones for MIP6 Working Group

From: "Gopal Dommety \(gdommety\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 11:52:01 -0800

There are no penalties for being early..I will leave the date as it is
then.

-Gopal

Gopal Dommety, Ph.D
-------------------------------------------------------
Judgment hinders imagination
----------------------------------------------

-----Original Message-----
From: Hesham Soliman [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 8:09 PM
To: 'Vijay Devarapalli'; Gopal Dommety (gdommety)
Cc: [email-masked]; 'Basavaraj Patil'
Subject: RE: [Mip6] Revised Milestones for MIP6 Working Group

I don't think there are penalties for being early, so this date is fine
with me.

Hesham 

 > -----Original Message-----
 > From: Vijay Devarapalli [mailto:[email-masked]]
 > Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2007 12:53 PM  > To: Gopal Dommety
(gdommety)  > Cc: [email-masked]; Basavaraj Patil  > Subject: Re: [Mip6]
Revised Milestones for MIP6 Working Group  >  > Gopal Dommety (gdommety)
wrote:
 > 
 > > Sep 2007    Submit I-D 'Mobile IPv6 Dual-Stack Operation' 
 > to IESG for
 > > publication as a Proposed Standard. 
 >
 > We should try to send this to the IESG sooner than Sep 2007.
 > 

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: "Gopal Dommety \(gdommety\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 12:00:13 -0800

Kuntal,

	I changed the milestones to Apr. Since there is still some
discussion, we might not be able to have them any sooner.  Also, there
are no penalities for getting them ready sooner. Let us send it to IESG
as soon as they are ready. The ball is in your court to get them ready,
since you are an author on both..

Cheers,
-Gopal

Gopal Dommety, Ph.D

-----Original Message-----
From: Chowdhury, Kuntal [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 8:54 PM
To: Gopal Dommety (gdommety); [email-masked]
Cc: Basavaraj Patil
Subject: RE: [Mip6] Revised Milestones for MIP6 Working Group

Hi Gopal,

"
May 2007   Submit I-D 'Bootstrapping solution for Integrated Scenario'
to IESG for publication as a Proposed Standard

Jul 2007     Submit I-D 'DHCP Options for Home Information Discovery in
MIPv6' for publication as a proposed standard
"

May and Jul 2007 milestones are way too conservative/late. I think 3GPP2
has dependencies on these two I-Ds (past due):

http://www.3gpp2.org/Public_html/IETF/IETF_Dependencies.cfm

Can these dates be revised? We may need to have a chat with AC Mahendran
and Thomas Narten (3GPP2 and IETF liaisons) to update these dates.

Regards,
Kuntal

________________________________________
From: Gopal Dommety (gdommety) [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 4:06 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Basavaraj Patil
Subject: [Mip6] Revised Milestones for MIP6 Working Group

Hello,
 
    I am attaching the revised  Milestones for the MIP6 Working Group.
Please let me know if there are any changes required.
 
Regards,
Gopal Dommety

Goals and Milestones:
Done    Submit I-D 'Issues with firewall Problem statement' to IESG  
Done    Submit I-D 'MIPv6 MIB' to IESG  
Done    Submit I-D 'Extensions to Socket Advanced API for MIPv6' to IESG

Done    Submit I-D 'Alternate Route Optimization (Pre-config Key)
scheme' to IESG  
Done    Submit Bootstrapping problem statement to IESG  
Done    Submit I-D 'Authentication Option for MIPv6' to IESG  
Done    Submit I-D 'Identification Option for MIPv6' to IESG  
Done    Submit I-D 'MIPv6 operation with IKEV2 and the revised IPsec
Architecture to IESG  
Done    Submit Problem statement and Solution to Mobile IPv6 transition
between v4/v6 networks to IESG 
Done    Submit I-D 'Mobility management for Dual stack mobile nodes: A
Problem Statement' to IESG for publication as Informational.  
Done    Submit I-D 'Address Location Privacy and Mobile IPv6 Problem
Statement' to IESG for publication as Informational.  
Done    Submit I-D 'Bootstrapping solution for split Scenario' to IESG
for publication as a Proposed Standard. 
Done   Submit I-D 'Using IPsec between Mobile and Correspondent IPv6
Nodes' to IESG for publication as Experimental.
Apr 2007    Submit I-D 'Motivation for Authentication I-D' to IESG for
publication as Informational.  
May 2007   Submit I-D 'Bootstrapping solution for Integrated Scenario'
to IESG for publication as a Proposed Standard.  
Jul 2007     Submit I-D 'DHCP Options for Home Information Discovery in
MIPv6' for publication as a proposed standard.  
Jul 2007     Submit I-D 'Mobility Header Home Agent Switch Message' to
IESG for publication as a Proposed Standard. 
Aug 2007    Submit I-D 'Goals for AAA HA Interface' to IESG for
publication as Informational.  
Sep 2007    Submit I-D 'Home agent reliability' to IESG for publication
as a Proposed Standard.  
Sep 2007    Submit I-D 'Mobile IPv6 Dual-Stack Operation' to IESG for
publication as a Proposed Standard.  
Oct 2007    Submit I-D 'Mobile IPv6 Vendor Specific Option' to IESG for
publication as a Proposed Standard.  
Dec 2007    Submit I-D 'Mobile IPv6 Experimental Allocations' to IESG
for publication as a Proposed Standard.  
Dec 2007    Submit I-D 'RADIUS Mobile IPv6 Support' to IESG for
publication as a proposed standard.  
Feb 2008    Submit I-D 'Mobile IPv6 Operation with Firewalls' to IESG
for publication as Informational.  
Feb 2008    Submit I-D(s) related to specific updates and corrections of
RFC 3775 to IESG for publication as Proposed Standard.  

"This email message and any attachments are confidential information of
Starent Networks, Corp. The information transmitted may not be used to
create or change any contractual obligations of Starent Networks, Corp.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of
any action in reliance upon this e-mail and its attachments by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately -- by
replying to this message or by sending an email to
[email-masked] -- and destroy all copies of this message
and any attachments without reading or disclosing their contents. Thank
you."