Subject: [Mip6] One difference between DSMIP6 and other transitioning mechanisms

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 15:37:15 +0100

One difference between DSMIPv6 transitioning and all other existing 
transitioning mechanisms is that it can offer 2 ways of encapsulating 
IPv6 in IPv4:  IPv6-in-IPv4 and IPv6-in-UDPv4.

Other transitioning mechanisms use only one of those two.

Is this an advantage?  An inconvenient?

For example, if one wants to put together MIPv6 and 6to4 then one can 
traverse some NATs but using only IPv6-in-IPv4 (not in UDP).  Some 
extension may be needed for communicating NAT detection.

If one wants to use MIPv6 and TEREDO with "origin auth" then one would 
have to use IPv6-in-specialexisting-header-in-UDPv4.  One could also use 
IPv6-in-UDPv4 with TEREDO.

Now, can one use DS-MIPv6 and TEREDO at the same time?

Can one use DS-MIPv6 and 6to4 at the same time?

Alex

______________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email 
______________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6