Subject: [Mip6] Progressing draft-ietf-mip6-cn-ipsec?

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 15:18:17 +0300

Hi all,

This draft has been long enough in the same state. I would
like to move it forward or decide what else to do with it.

There are two types of issues in it, the first being about the text.
In order to move forward, two problems in the text need to
be corrected. I posted text suggestions in [1] but other
suggestions are fine too. There is not necessarily any need
to update the document itself, the suggestions could go into
so called RFC Editor notes and the document could move
forward more or less immediately, if we want to. But I need
the authors to tell me what changes to apply.

The second issue is the standard level applied for the
specification. I suggested Experimental. I would be willing
to designate it as Proposed Standard as well, but for that
I think we need to have some more evidence that it
needs to be a recommended IETF approach, something
to be relatively widely implemented, etc. The reason I'm
asking for this is that while this is potentially very useful,
it is also an alternate mechanism to what already exists
in RFCs. Is someone going to deploy this? Are there
technical reasons that lead us into believing that it
will be very useful in certain network contexts?

I'd like to know what to do by June 27th, i.e., in two
weeks. At that time I need to have either new text
or agreement that text in [1] is OK, and I need some
feedback on the standard level question.

Jari

[1] http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/mip6/current/msg05925.html

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6