Subject: [Mip6] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mip6-hiopt-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobility for IPv6 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: DHCP Option for Home Information Discovery in MIPv6
	Author(s)	: H. Jang, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mip6-hiopt-04.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2007-6-11
	
This draft defines a DHCP-based scheme to enable dynamic discovery of
   Mobile IPv6 home agent address, home agent FQDN and home subnet.  New
   DHCP options are defined to carry the information from a DHCP server
   to the DHCP client running on the mobile node.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip6-hiopt-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-mip6-hiopt-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip6-hiopt-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: "Kilian Weniger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 14:54:31 +0200

Hi Heejin,

The draft looks much better now, however, I think I found one oversight
in section 3.1, second last paragraph:

   "This type
   can be used to discover home agents that are hosted by a user's home
   domain or target MSP (as indicated by his/her NAI-based username --
   user@HomeRealm). The Home Network Identifier field can be a home MSP
   or a MSP which has trust roaming relationship with the mobile node's
   home MSP."

The sentence in brackets is wrong at this place IMO, since the target
MSP can be different from the NAI's home realm. It should be after "home
domain". 

Furthermore, strictly speaking the trust relationship should be between
target MSP and MSA (not home MSP), since there may be MSAs that do not
provide mobility services (in which case there is no home MSP). The
correct sentence should be as follows:

   "This type
   can be used to discover home agents that are hosted by a user's home 
   domain (MSA domain, as indicated by his/her NAI-based username --
   user@HomeRealm) or by any target domain. The requested domain is
specified in the Home Network Identifier field and can be a mobile
node's home MSP or any MSP which has trust roaming relationship with the
mobile node's MSA."

BR,

Kilian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Montag, 11. Juni 2007 21:50
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mip6-hiopt-04.txt 
> 

--------------------------------------------
Dr. Kilian Weniger
Panasonic R&D Center Germany
Monzastr. 4c, 63225 Langen, Germany
phone:  +49 (0)6103 766 137
fax:    +49 (0)6103 766 166
e-mail: [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------

Panasonic R&D Center Germany GmbH
63225 Langen, Hessen, Germany
Reg: AG Offenbach (Hessen) HRB 33974
Managing Director: Thomas Micke

---

From: Heejin Jang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 04:15:15 +0000 (GMT)

Hi, Kilian.
Thanks for the comments.
We'll reflect them.
 
- Best Regards, 
Heejin. 

------- Original Message -------
Sender : Kilian Weniger<[email-masked]>
Date   : 2007-06-12 21:54
Title  : RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mip6-hiopt-04.txt

Hi Heejin,

   "This type
   can be used to discover home agents that are hosted by a user&#39;s home
   domain or target MSP (as indicated by his/her NAI-based username --
   user@HomeRealm). The Home Network Identifier field can be a home MSP
   or a MSP which has trust roaming relationship with the mobile node&#39;s
   home MSP."

The sentence in brackets is wrong at this place IMO, since the target
MSP can be different from the NAI&#39;s home realm. It should be after "home
domain". 

   "This type
   can be used to discover home agents that are hosted by a user&#39;s home 
   domain (MSA domain, as indicated by his/her NAI-based username --
   user@HomeRealm) or by any target domain. The requested domain is
specified in the Home Network Identifier field and can be a mobile
node&#39;s home MSP or any MSP which has trust roaming relationship with the
mobile node&#39;s MSA."

BR,

Kilian