Subject: [Mip6] Prefix Table for DSMIPv6?

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 12:26:30 +0200

Do you think it is necessary to add a Prefix Table at HA, in the DSMIPv6
spec that contains the list of IPv4 Mobile Network Prefixes and their
corresponding IPv4 Home Addresses?

This table would be used by the DSMIPv6 HA to check the IPv4 MNP
received in a BU against the corresponding prefix (same IPv4 HoA) in the
Prefix Table.

The table helps avoid a security risk whereby a DSMIPv6 MR claims the
IPv4 Mobile Network Prefix of a victim DSMIPv6 MR, of the same DSMIPv6 HA.

This table is used by NEMOv6 (rfc3963) and NEMOv4 (draft state).  In
spec and in implementation.

Alex

______________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email 
______________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6