Subject: [Mip6] Protocol Action: 'Mobile IPv6 Vendor Specific Option' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 14:29:15 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Mobile IPv6 Vendor Specific Option '
   <draft-ietf-mip6-vsm-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Mobility for IPv6 Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Mark Townsley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip6-vsm-03.txt

Technical Summary
 
  There is a need for vendor specific extensions to Mobility Header
  messages so that Mobile IPv6 vendors are able to extend the protocol
  for research or deployment purposes. This document defines a new
  vendor specific mobility option.

Working Group Summary

  No controversy has been raised or identified with this spec. The
  I-D is fairly simple and the extension useful for the MIP6 protocol.

Document Quality

  No known implementations of the extensions being proposed here
  exist. 
 
  Jari Arkko has reviewed this specification for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6