Subject: [Mip6] RE: reply for AD's comments

From: "Alper Yegin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 12:19:14 +0200

Hello,

> > >    As part of configuring the initial TCP/IP parameters, a mobile node
> > >    can obtain home network information for the subnet it is directly
> > >    attached to, other subnets in the visited domain, or a subnet from
> > >    its home domain.
> >
> > This text makes it sound like a new home network is needed for
> > everywhere the mobile node travels to. That is wrong. Suggested
> > rewrite:
> >
> > As part of configuring the initial TCP/IP parameters, a mobile node
> > can find itself a suitable home agent. Such a home agent might reside
> > in the access network that the mobile node first connects to, or in a
> > home network that the mobile node is associated with.

Can we strike the "first"? The HA assignment is not limited to the very
first time MN does not know its HA. MN may choose to use the HA in its
immediately connected network even if it had another HA a while ago from
some other network. MN may choose to start MIP session on demand, hence
re-anchoring it dynamically. In such case, an all-time session continuity
cannot be expected, though chunks of session continuity may be all that MN
needs.

Alper

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6