Subject: [MEXT] Binding Revocation Applicability to PMIPv6

From: "Ahmad Muhanna" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 12:41:31 -0600

Hello Folks,

Currently MEXT wg is considering Binding Revocation for IPv6 Mobility as
an item for their re-chartering activity. The following is the proposed
text for this recharter item:

"
Binding Revocation for IP Mobility:
===================================

Define a binding revocation mechanism for Mobile IPv6 and its
extensions.  This mechanism can be used by any entity involved in the
base Mobile IPv6 protocol or one of its extensions to request its
corresponding entity to terminate either one, multiple or all binding
cache entries.
"

As it is obvious, Binding Revocation has a strong usecase and
applicability to PMIPv6 and since the PMIPv6 base protocol document is
in a very good shape and passed AD review and hopefully after a short
time will be sent to IESG, I thought it is appropriate if we can start
discussing the PMIPv6 usecase and requirements to Binding Revocation.
This is important in order to make sure that all PMIPv6 usecases and
requirements are covered by this MEXT work item.

I really appreciate your comments and discussion on this topic. 

The following IETF draft is not a MEXT wg work item, however, has been
presented during Chicago MIP6 and Vancouver MEXT meetings and have been
discussed extensively on the MIP6 mailing list.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-muhanna-mip6-binding-revocatio
n-02.txt

Please note that I am ccing MEXT wg mailing list too.

Best Regards,
Ahmad

_______________________________________________
MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext