Subject: [Mip6] Call for Workshop proposals ACM MobiCom 2008

From: "Pedro M. Ruiz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 09:41:09 +0100

Apologies if you receive multiple copies.

                      CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS

                            ACM MobiCom 2008
              The Fourteenth Annual International Conference
                  on Mobile Computing and Networking

                             September, 2008
                          San Francisco, CA, USA
                http://www.sigmobile.org/mobicom/2008/

                      Sponsored by ACM SIGMOBILE

ACM MobiCom is the premier international conference dedicated to
wireless and mobile networking.  It has served as an exciting
international forum since 1995, addressing networks, systems,
algorithms, and applications that support the symbiosis of mobile
computers and wireless networks. ACM MobiCom 2008 will host a day
of workshops on techcnical areas related to mobile and wireless networking.

SIGMOBILE invites workshop proposals for sponsorship consideration, to be
held co-located with ACM MobiCom 2008. The purpose of these workshops
is to provide a platform for presenting novel ideas in a less formal and
possibly more focused way than the conference itself.

ACM MobiCom will provide basic support for the workshop in the form of
registration, publicity, a meeting room and help arranging meal service for
the workshop at the ACM MobiCom conference. The details of the format of
each workshop, form of submissions, and hte likes is to be determined by
the organizers. Given that workshops are meant to foster discussions on
emerging topics of interest among the broader SIGMOBILE community, workshops
are encouraged to be inclusive rather than exclusive in their
solicitation of
material.

Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit workshop proposals to
ACM MobiCom Workshop Co-chairs, Pedro M. Ruiz ([email-masked]) and
Qian Zhang ([email-masked]), no later than February 8, 2008. Submissions
should be sent by e-mail to both co-chairs. According to ACM SIGMOBILE's
sponsorship procedures, proposals must include:

1. The name of the workshop
2. Description of goals, scope, previous history (if any), and why it is
   important in mobile and wireless networking.
3. Description of the workshop requirements (e.g. hall for poster
presentation).
   Workshops should be one-day, and SIGMOBILE encourages programs that
   require a single meeting room (for simplified logistics).
4. Name and complete contact address of the organizers, including key
   workshop volunteers such as workshop chair, program chair, and
   tentative program committee members.
5. Tentative "Call for Papers" with appropriate dates
6. Description of plans for publicity
7. A completed preliminary Technical Meeting Request Form available from
ACM:

http://www.acm.org/sigs/volunteer_resources/conference_manual/sponstmrfpage

Notification of acceptance will be made by March 15, 2008. Accepted
workshops will be sponsored by SIGMOBILE (see
http://www.sigmobile.org/events/colocated.html for more information).

For further information to prepare a workshop proposal, please contact
workshop co-chairs, and the Conference Web site:
http://www.sigmobile.org/mobicom/2008/

-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Pedro M. Ruiz, Ph.D, MIEEE.             E-mail: [email-masked]
Fac. Informatica, Univ. of Murcia       Phone:  +34968364335
Campus de Espinardo s/n                 Fax:    +34968364151
E-30100, Espinardo, Murcia              www: ants.dif.um.es/~pedrom/
SPAIN
---------------------------------------------------------------------

-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Pedro M. Ruiz, Ph.D, MIEEE.             E-mail: [email-masked]
Fac. Informatica, Univ. of Murcia       Phone:  +34968364335
Campus de Espinardo s/n                 Fax:    +34968364151
E-30100, Espinardo, Murcia              www: ants.dif.um.es/~pedrom/
SPAIN
---------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6