Subject: [MEXT] [RFC3775 changes] More details for (K)-flag handling

From: Sebastien Decugis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 12:07:48 +0900

Hi,

Section, sub-section and paragraph involved:
6.1.7. / Key Management Mobility Capability (K)
6.1.8. / Key Management Mobility Capability (K)

OLD TEXT:
-- 

NEW TEXT:
If IKE is used and the remote peer's IKE session does not support
surviving movement, then the local IKE component SHOULD discard the IKE 
session.

Motivation:
Unless both HA and MN support the capability of migrating the IKE 
session endpoints, this session will be broken after MN moves. This 
sometimes result in a long interruption of upper-layer flow, occurring 
at any time. See [1] for detailed explanation.
By forcing the IKE session to be destroyed after movement, this 
interruption is always reduced to a short delay.
A better solution would be to make the support of IKE session migration 
mandatory, and to deprecate the (K) flag in the BU/BA messages.

[1] 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sdecugis-mext-kbit-issues-00.txt

Your comments are obviously welcome :)

Seb.
-- 
Sebastien Decugis
http://www.nautilus6.org

_______________________________________________
MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext