Subject: [MEXT] editorial issues in RFCF 3775, protocol number & reference update

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 12:38:12 -0400

I have collected a number of small things that we need to fix when we 
are going to update the RFC. These issues belong to the following 
categories:

- Editorial mistakes introduced between the last Internet Draft and RFC 
3775 (some by RFC editor and some by me).

- The mistake to use protocol number 2 and not 135, which I believe was 
correct and what everyone is truly using. This bug was introduced back 
when the <TBD BY IANA> was replaced from the draft to what became the RFC.

- Since the publication of RFC 3775, several of the references have 
progressed, have been republished, etc.

Here are the changes that I believe should be performed:

Section 6.1 (protocol number):
OLD:
The Next Header value used in the pseudo-header is 2.
NEW:
The Next Header value used in the pseudo-header is 135.

Section 9.3.2 (keyword capitalization):
OLD:
However, the sending node MUST not do this in the following cases:
NEW:
However, the sending node MUST NOT do this in the following cases:

Section 10.4.2 (missing paranthesis):
OLD:
Multicast packets addressed to a multicast address with
a scope larger than link-local, but smaller than global (e.g., site-
local and organization-local [3], to which the mobile node is
subscribed, SHOULD NOT be tunneled to the mobile node.
NEW:
Multicast packets addressed to a multicast address with
a scope larger than link-local, but smaller than global (e.g., site-
local and organization-local [3]), to which the mobile node is
subscribed, SHOULD NOT be tunneled to the mobile node.

Section 10.6.4 (keyword capitalization):
OLD:
As described in Section 10.3.1, the lifetime returned by the home
agent in a Binding Acknowledgement MUST not be greater than the
remaining valid lifetime for the subnet prefix in the mobile node's
home address.
NEW:
As described in Section 10.3.1, the lifetime returned by the home
agent in a Binding Acknowledgement MUST NOT be greater than the
remaining valid lifetime for the subnet prefix in the mobile node's
home address.

Section 11.7.3 (keyword capitalization):
OLD:
   o  The Binding Authorization Data mobility option, if present, MUST
      be the last option and MUST not have trailing padding.
NEW:
   o  The Binding Authorization Data mobility option, if present, MUST
      be the last option and MUST NOT have trailing padding.

Reference updates as follows:

RFC 1750 => RFC 4086
RFC 3513 => RFC 4291
RFC 2424 => RFC 5226
RFC 2461 => RFC 4861
RFC 2462 => RFC 4862
RFC 2463 => RFC 4443
RFC 3041 => RFC 4941
draft-bellovin-mandate-keymgmt-00 => RFC 4107
draft-ietf-ipsec-ikev2-07 => RFC 4306
draft-nikander-mobileip-v6-ro-sec-00 => RFC 4225

_______________________________________________
MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext