Subject: [MEXT] New version of "Dynamic Home Agent Address Discovery (DHAAD) Considered Harmful"

From: "Jean-Michel Combes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 23:11:04 +0200

Hi,

This draft tries to summarize the past discussions on the ML about the
security analysis between the different existing HA discovery
mechanisms and raises a new security point about the validity of the
information provided by these mechanisms.

As usual, comments are welcome.

Best regards.

JMC.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Dynamic Home Agent Address Discovery (DHAAD)
Considered Harmful
	Author(s)       : F. Dupont, et al.
	Filename        : draft-dupont-mext-dhaadharmful-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2008-06-03

The Dynamic Home Agent Address Discovery (DHAAD) mechanism is
described in the Mobile IPv6 specification.  This mechanism is
mandatory in any compliant Mobile IPv6 implementation and so in any
MIPv6 based protocols too.  On the other hand, DHAAD was the only one
mechanism to discover a potential Home Agent for a Mobile Node in the
past.  This is no longer the case today.  This document analyzes the
security of the different existing home agent discovery mechanisms
and promotes the remove of DHAAD from the future Mobile IPv6
standard, in light of this security analysis.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dupont-mext-dhaadharmful-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dupont-mext-dhaadharmful-00.txt>
_______________________________________________
MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext