Subject: [Mip6] ONIT 2009 CFP -- Tridentcom 2009

From: Tuanche Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 10:44:38 +0800

--------------------------- CALL FOR PAPERS ---------------------------

ONIT 2009
Open NGN and IMS Testbeds Workshop 2009

Infrastructure as a Service - A Paradigm for Open NGN and IMS Testbeds?

A Workshop @ TRIDENTCOM 2009
April 6, 2009 Washington D.C., USA

http://www.onit-ws.org http://www.tridentcom.org

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Telecommunications research has changed in recent years due to network 
convergence in Next Generation Networks (NGN) and the influence of 
internet technologies. Time to market and innovation speed of network 
technologies have increased and are heavily influenced by the focus on 
services and service delivery platforms. Additionally, the change of the 
value chain towards applications and content is driven by emerging 
internet technology. The increasing competition in international 
research and development requires an early evaluation of ideas, concepts 
and principles in terms of prototyping and testing. In contrast to 
closed vendor testbeds, open IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) and NGN 
testbeds can efficiently realize prototype scenarios and professional 
test setups with reasonable effort, time and cost. They are seen as 
catalysts for development in industry and academia as well as for their 
important role in ensuring solid open standards interfaces between 
components. The IMS plays a central role as common service signalling 
middleware in face of multiple access networks and their convergence. In 
this context, we can witness an increasing number of testbeds promoting 
an open IMS infrastructure to implement new seamless multimedia 
applications.
The Open NGN and IMS Testbeds Workshop 2009 (ONIT 2009) will give 
insight into the state of the art concerning open NGN and IMS testbeds 
at an international scale. The objective is to evaluate the quality and 
impact of such testbeds in order to improve current offerings and 
position them for future challenges. Especially, the role of open source 
software such as open source IMS implementations for testbeds shall be 
discussed in depth and how such infrastructures can be provided as 
outsourced services in line with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and 
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) concepts.

Areas of interest for scientific papers include but are not limited to:

- Open Source software as a driver for cost efficient testbeds
- Open Source IMS Core development
- Application development based on open testbeds
- Experimental results using reference Open Source IMS components
- Tools and tests for open NGN and IMS testbeds
- Advances in NGN, IMS and SOA testbeds
- Virtualization for testbeds
- IaaS concepts for testbeds and testing outsourcing
- SOA principles applied to testbeds
- Testbed management
- Operational aspects
- Deployment and governance issues in testbeds
- Resource description and data models for testbeds
- Semantic description techniques and ontologies in the testbed domain
- Experiences and advantages of vendor-specific and closed testbeds 
environments

Important Dates:
Papers due (to be received by): December 1, 2008
Notification of acceptance: January 15, 2009
Submission of camera-ready papers: February 15, 2009

All accepted and presented papers will be included in the TRIDENTCOM 
2009 Conference Proceedings, which will be published as CDROMs and will 
be made available in IEEExplore Digital Library, and then indexed by 
Engineering Information (EI). Selected outstanding papers will be 
considered for publication in a special issue of ACM/Springer Mobile 
Networks and Applications Journal (MONET) and in a special issue of the 
Inderscience International Journal of Communication Networks and 
Distributed Systems (IJCNDS).
http://www.tridentcom.org/publication.htm

Paper Submission Guidelines:
All papers will be reviewed by our international program committee. 
Papers should be formatted according to the workshop submission guidelines.
http://www.onit-ws.org

Organizing Committee:
Uchida Naoki (NTT Labs), Michael Loushine (Telcordia Applied Research), 
Sebastian Wahle (Fraunhofer FOKUS)

Technical Program Committee:
Spyros Denazis (University of Patras), Kristopher Hall (Ericsson), 
Nicholas Linnenkamp (Telcordia Applied Research), Nguyen Huu Thanh 
(Hanoi University of Technology), Dragos Vingarzan (Fraunhofer FOKUS), 
Masateru Minam (University of Tokyo), Tetsuyasu Yamada (NTT Software), 
Halid Hrasnica (Euresom GmbH), Miguel Ponce de Leon (Waterford Institute 
of Technology), Peter Weik (Fraunhofer FOKUS), Anastasius Gavras 
(Euresom GmbH), Jose Antonio Rodríguez (Telefónica I+D)
_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6