Subject: [MEXT] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mext-binding-revocation-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 11:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobility EXTensions for IPv6 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Binding Revocation for IPv6 Mobility
	Author(s)       : A. Muhanna, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mext-binding-revocation-02.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2008-11-25

This document defines the revocation semantics for terminating a
mobile node's mobility session and associated resources.  These
semantics are generic enough and can be used by mobility entities in
the case of Client Mobile IPv6 and its extensions.  This mechanism
allows the mobility entity which initiates the revocation procedure
to request its corresponding one to terminate either one, multiple or
all specified binding cache entries.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mext-binding-revocation-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext

---

From: "Ahmad Muhanna" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 14:03:40 -0600

Hello folks,
Based on the 2nd MEXT meeting decision, the Rev 02 of Binding Revocation
for IPv6 Mobility has been published with the following changes that
have been discussed in the meeting:

1. Made sure that when BRI and BRA is used for revoking a Client MIP6
binding, the same rules in sending BU/BA is followed. In other words,
HoA is included in the Type 2 header when sending BRI and HoA included
in the Destination option when sending BRA.

2. Updated the requirement on including the HNP when the (P) bit is set
as follows:
"
Home Network Prefix option [RFC5213].  
This option MAY be used when the (P) bit is set. This option MUST be
present when the BRI is used to revoke a single PMIP binding cache
entry.
"

3. Added the missing trigger "IPv4 HoA Binding ONLY"

4. Combined the following texts in one bullet. Maintained the same
meaning and eliminated redundant text.

   o  If the Revocation Trigger field in the received BRI message is set
      to "Inter-MAG - Unknown Handoff", the MAG use the mobility
      option(s) included in the BRI message to identify the mobile node
      binding and MUST validate that the mobile node is no longer
      attached to the MAG before sending a successful BRA message and
      deleting the resources associated with the mobile node binding.

   If the Revocation Trigger field value in the received Binding
   Revocation Indication message indicates an inter-MAG handover and the
   (A) bit is set, the mobile access gateway MAY validate that the
   mobile node is no longer attached to the mobile access gateway before
   sending a successful Binding Revocation Acknowledgement message to
   the LMA.  However, if the Revocation Trigger field is set to "Inter-
   MAG - Unknown Handoff", the MAG MUST validate that the mobile node is
   no longer attached to the MAG before sending a successful BRA message
   and deleting the resources associated with the mobile node binding.

NEW Text:

   o  If the Revocation Trigger field value in the received Binding
      Revocation Indication message indicates an inter-MAG handover and
      the (A) bit is set, the MAG use the mobility option(s) included in
      the BRI message to identify the mobile node binding.  The mobile
      access gateway MAY validate that the mobile node is no longer
      attached to the mobile access gateway before sending a successful
      Binding Revocation Acknowledgement message to the LMA.  However,
      if the Revocation Trigger field is set to "Inter-MAG - Unknown
      Handoff", the MAG MUST validate that the mobile node is no longer
      attached to the MAG before sending a successful BRA message and
      deleting the resources associated with the mobile node binding.

5. Editorial change when the (G) bit is set under section 9.1.1.

With respect to the destination IP address of the BRI message, the same
text of rev 01 has been maintained without any change except correcting
a typo where the "destination IP address" was referenced as "source IP
address" ONLY this change was made.

Regards,
Ahmad

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On 
> Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 1:45 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [MEXT] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mext-binding-revocation-02.txt
> 
> This document defines the revocation semantics for 
> terminating a mobile node's mobility session and associated 
> resources.  These semantics are generic enough and can be 
> used by mobility entities in the case of Client Mobile IPv6 
> and its extensions.  This mechanism allows the mobility 
> entity which initiates the revocation procedure to request 
> its corresponding one to terminate either one, multiple or 
> Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail 
> reader implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII 
> version of the Internet-Draft.
>