Subject: [Mipshop] ACM SenSys 2017 Call for Poster/Demo

From: Polly Huang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2017 00:58:58 +0800

-- Our sincere apologies if you receive multiple copies of the call --

============================================================
====================
                                      Call for Posters and Demos
                                           ACM Sensys 2017
                                   http://sensys.acm.org/2017/
                                       Delft, The Netherlands
============================================================
====================

SenSys 2017 solicits submissions of poster and demo abstracts reflecting
on-going
research progress and/or demonstrating working prototypes. We welcome
submissions
in broadly defined areas of interests (but not limited to): systems of
smart sensors
and actuators, brand-new applications of sensory devices, smart things, and
smart
infrastructure, and the underlying research challenges in communication,
networking,
energy and resources, data management, algorithms and machine intelligence,
hardware designs, and deployment on real environments.

Student participants will greatly benefit from the Posters and Demos
session; it will
be a lively forum to present their work and receive early feedback from
international
leading experts attending the conference. We explicitly encourage
submissions of
revolutionary concepts, path breaking ideas, and ongoing research
prototypes.

Major IT industry as well as emerging technology startups are also highly
encouraged
to participate. SenSys is an ideal venue to present brand-new products,
early prototypes,
new development platforms, or even ongoing crowdfunding projects of smart
platforms
and solutions that might catalyse future applications and/or disrupt
today’s sensing
and networking technologies.

Submitted abstracts will be evaluated based on technical merit and
innovation as well
as their potential to stimulate interesting discussions and exchange of
ideas. Authors
of accepted abstracts will be given a one-minute slot in a “madness
session” during
the conference to present their work in front of the conference audience.
As with
previous editions of SenSys, the best poster and demo will receive an award.

All abstracts shall be formatted according to the main conference paper
layout. Accepted
abstracts will appear in the conference proceedings and the ACM Digital
Library.

## Submission Guidelines

* Posters and Demos must be submitted as a single PDF containing no more
than 2 pages.
The submission should be self-contained ready for publication, including
the title, authors,
institutional affiliations and contact information, abstract, main body,
and references.
Please DO NOT anonymize your submission. Upon acceptance, instructions for
the
final camera-ready abstract will be provided.
* You may include links to additional online material such as videos. Links
to videos showing
the demonstration are especially encouraged. Videos of accepted
posters/demos will be
linked from the SenSys web pages and permanently included in the ACM
Digital Library.
* To submit a demo abstract, please add “Demo Abstract:” at the beginning
of the
manuscript’s title.
* To submit a poster abstract, please add “Poster Abstract:” at the
beginning of the
manuscript’s title.
* Template link for MS Word and LaTeX. (If LaTeX is used, please use
‘Option 2’)
* Submissions for posters and demos can be done separately at the following
URL:
   https://sensys17.hotcrp.com/

## Important dates

* Submission: August 16, 2017
* Notification of acceptance: August 25, 2017
* Camera-ready abstract: September 9, 2017

## Co-chairs

* Andrew Markham, University of Oxford
* Marco Zuniga, Delft University of Technology