Subject: [MLS] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-barnes-mls-protocol-01.txt

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2018 22:38:06 +0000

Hey all,

I've just posted an updated draft of the MLS protocol in time for the IETF
102 deadline.  Now includes TreeKEM as an option!

--Richard

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 10:35 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-barnes-mls-protocol-01.txt
To: Emad Omara <[email-masked]>, Raphael Robert <[email-masked]>,
Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>, Katriel Cohn-Gordon <[email-masked]>, Jon
Millican <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-barnes-mls-protocol-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Richard Barnes and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-barnes-mls-protocol
Revision:       01
Title:          The Messaging Layer Security (MLS) Protocol
Document date:  2018-07-02
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          37
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-barnes-mls-protocol-01.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-barnes-mls-protocol/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-barnes-mls-protocol-01
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-barnes-mls-protocol
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-barnes-mls-protocol-01

Abstract:
   Messaging applications are increasingly making use of end-to-end
   security mechanisms to ensure that messages are only accessible to
   the communicating endpoints, and not to any servers involved in
   delivering messages.  Establishing keys to provide such protections
   is challenging for group chat settings, in which more than two
   participants need to agree on a key but may not be online at the same
   time.  In this document, we specify a key establishment protocol that
   provides efficient asynchronous group key establishment with forward
   secrecy and post-compromise security for groups in size ranging from
   two to thousands.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat