Subject: [MLS] Enumeration of failure modes in protocol draft

From: Shivan Sahib <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 04:20:11 -0400

There was some talk at the hackathon on whether we should have a section in
the protocol draft about things that are currently 'undefined'. For
example, what happens in the GroupAdd case where we're adding C to a group
containing A and B, if A and B call state.add(C) but state.init() fails for
C.

It would be worthwhile to consider general ways in which things could go
wrong and mention recovery mechanisms in the draft.

---

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 11:42:49 -0400

This is a good think to keep an eye on, but we'll probably be more
effective at addressing it once we have the protocol and its flows more
nailed down.  I expect these sorts of cases will also come up during
interop testing.

On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 4:20 AM Shivan Sahib <[email-masked]> wrote:

> There was some talk at the hackathon on whether we should have a section
> in the protocol draft about things that are currently 'undefined'. For
> _______________________________________________
> MLS mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mls
>