Subject: [MLS] Weekly github digest (MLS Working Group summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2020 03:32:31 -0400 (EDT)

Issues
------
* mlswg/mls-architecture (+2/-2/💬11)
  2 issues created:
  - Definition of a group member can be strengthened (by chelseakomlo)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-architecture/issues/71 
  - Editor's copy points to a 404. (by beurdouche)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-architecture/issues/70 [website] 

  3 issues received 11 new comments:
  - #70 Editor's copy points to a 404. (6 by Bren2010, beurdouche, katrielalex)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-architecture/issues/70 [website] 
  - #68 Handling user permissions in MLS versus implementations (1 by beurdouche)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-architecture/issues/68 
  - #48 Description of the formal security guarantees that the protocol MUST provide (4 by beurdouche, claucece)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-architecture/issues/48 

  2 issues closed:
  - Editor's copy points to a 404. https://github.com/mlswg/mls-architecture/issues/70 [website] 
  - Handling user permissions in MLS versus implementations https://github.com/mlswg/mls-architecture/issues/68 

* mlswg/mls-protocol (+4/-4/💬0)
  4 issues created:
  - Proof of prior membership in the group / Resumption (by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/368 
  - Negotiate PSKs (by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/367 
  - Add extensions to the Commit message (by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/366 
  - Update security considerations (by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/365 

  4 issues closed:
  - Tree in GroupInfo not optional https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/344 [functionality] [performance] 
  - Clarify what it means to send a Commit with no Proposals https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/340 
  - Use HPKE KDF for the MLS key schedule https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/351 
  - Use consistent arguments to Derive-Secret https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/324 [enhancement] 

Pull requests
-------------
* mlswg/mls-architecture (+1/-2/💬5)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - Update build (by Bren2010)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-architecture/pull/69 

  1 pull requests received 5 new comments:
  - #69 Update build (5 by Bren2010, beurdouche)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-architecture/pull/69 

  2 pull requests merged:
  - Editorial changes
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-architecture/pull/65 
  - Update build
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-architecture/pull/69 

* mlswg/mls-protocol (+6/-6/💬3)
  6 pull requests submitted:
  - Coalesce supported_* into Capabilities (by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/370 
  - Add Commit extensions and clarify the extensibility story (by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/369 
  - Use the KDF from HPKE (by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/364 
  - Fix compile errors again. (by Bren2010)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/363 
  - Reorder key schedule inputs (by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/362 
  - Use correct arguments to Derive-Secret (by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/361 

  3 pull requests received 3 new comments:
  - #353 Explain the meaning of a Commit with no proposals (1 by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/353 
  - #348 Make the tree in the Welcome optional (1 by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/348 
  - #219 Fix application message truncation attack (1 by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/219 [functionality] [security] [work in progress] 

  6 pull requests merged:
  - Make the tree in the Welcome optional
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/348 
  - Explain the meaning of a Commit with no proposals
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/353 
  - Use the KDF from HPKE
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/364 
  - Fix compile errors again.
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/363 
  - Fix all compiler warnings.
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/357 
  - Use correct arguments to Derive-Secret
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/361 

* mlswg/mls-federation (+1/-0/💬1)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - Update build (by Bren2010)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-federation/pull/5 

  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #5 Update build (1 by Bren2010)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-federation/pull/5 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/mlswg/mls-architecture
* https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol
* https://github.com/mlswg/mls-federation