Subject: [MLS] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mls-architecture-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2020 00:41:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Messaging Layer Security WG of the IETF.

        Title           : The Messaging Layer Security (MLS) Architecture
        Authors         : Emad Omara
                          Benjamin Beurdouche
                          Eric Rescorla
                          Srinivas Inguva
                          Albert Kwon
                          Alan Duric
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mls-architecture-05.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2020-07-26

Abstract:
   This document describes the reference architecture, functional and
   security requirements for the Messaging Layer Security (MLS)
   protocol.  MLS provides a security layer for group messaging
   applications, where the number of clients ranges from two to many.
   It is meant to protect against eavesdropping, tampering, and message
   forgery.

Discussion Venues

   This note is to be removed before publishing as an RFC.

   Source for this draft and an issue tracker can be found at
   https://github.com/mlswg/mls-architecture.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mls-architecture/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mls-architecture-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-mls-architecture-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mls-architecture-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Benjamin Beurdouche <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2020 09:50:56 +0200

Dear all,

I just posted a new draft of the Architecture document which contains only minor editorial differences and
to avoid expiration of the draft. The current plan is to do a significant update, especially for the threat model
and security tradeoffs part of the document this September (after we have stabilised the protocol document).
At that time, I’ll get back to the list and open a large discussion with interested parties…
Feel free to open issues in the meantime… : )

Stay safe and take care!
Benjamin

> On 26 Jul 2020, at 09:41, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> MLS mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mls