Subject: [MMUSIC] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-kmgmt-ext-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 07:01:38 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Key Management Extensions for SDP and RTSP
	Author(s)	: J. Arkko et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mmusic-kmgmt-ext-02.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 20-Feb-02
	
This document defines general extensions for SDP and RTSP to carry
the security information needed by a key management protocol, in
order to secure the media. These extensions are presented as a
framework, to be used by one or more key management protocols. As
such, its use is meaningful only when it is completed by the key
management protocol in use.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-kmgmt-ext-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mmusic-kmgmt-ext-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-kmgmt-ext-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Peter Barany"<[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 14:38:44 -0600

Hi,

I have a question/comment reqarding the I-D in e-mail below.

Section 2.1 states that "where safe and byte-string are as defined in SDP
[SDP]" regarding usage of the new SDP attributes:

keymgmt-data   = "keymgmt-data: " byte-string
key-extra-auth = "keymgmt-auth:" byte-string

In RFC 2327 "SDP: Session Description Protocol", "byte-string" is defined
as:

text =                   byte-string
                         ;default is to interpret this as IS0-10646 UTF8
                         ;ISO 8859-1 requires a "a=charset:ISO-8859-1"
                         ;session-level attribute to be used

Since this data can be encrypted, shouldn't the parameter be "base64 encoded
data" instead (perhaps I am missing something)? See Section 6.0 of
<draft-ietf-msec-mikey-00.txt> "MIKEY: Multimedia Internet KEYing" where a
specific example is given (I cut and paste from that I-D below):

     a=keymgmt-data:<base64 encoded data>

Also, I'm not sure about the usage of "safe" in the SDPbis I-D (see
<draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-new-05.txt> "SDP" Session Description Protocol". 

Regards,

Pete

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 6:02 AM
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [MMUSIC] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-kmgmt-ext-02.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control
Working Group of the IETF.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:

Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 09:22:58 -0600