Subject: [MMUSIC] new draft on QoS extensions for SDPng

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 18:01:17 +0100

Hi all,

We submitted recently a new draft proposing QoS extensions for SDPng.
We would very much appreciate the groups feeling and comments on this
draft.

The draft is available at:
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bos-mmusic-sdpng-qos-00.txt

Abstract:
This document describes a framework that allows end-users/applications
to inform each other and negotiate about the QoS characteristics of the
media components in a session, prior to its establishment. The QoS
negotiation is modeled after the existing codec negotiation and as such
becomes an integral part of the existing SDPng Offer/Answer model. The
QoS information is exchanged at session set-up time using two new types
of SDPng extensions between the end-users sites. Apart from the end
hosts also some authorized intermediate proxies controlling the session
set-up MAY participate to the QoS negotiation.

Secondly this document proposes SDPng extensions which allow the
end-user to request an ordered list of preferred QoS levels per media
stream during the QoS negotiation. The first type of extensions, called
TI (Traffic Information), characterizes the traffic type of the bearer
associated with the media stream. TI is typically related to bandwidth
and packet size. The second type of extensions, called SI (Sensitivity
Information), characterizes the sensitivity level of the service
requested by the end-user with respect to the QoS information carried in
the first type of SDPng extensions. SI is typically related to delay,
jitter and packet loss.

Regards,
    Suresh

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic