Subject: [MMUSIC] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-new-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 07:02:59 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: SDP: Session Description Protocol
	Author(s)	: M. Handley, V. Jacobson, C. Perkins
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-new-05.txt
	Pages		: 45
	Date		: 11-Feb-02
	
This memo defines the Session Description Protocol (SDP). SDP
is intended for describing multimedia sessions for the
purposes of session announcement, session invitation, and
other forms of multimedia session initiation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-new-05.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-new-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-new-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 11:00:08 -0500

>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-new-05.txt

Changes in this version are:
- Clarify that a=recvonly does NOT mean that you don't send RTCP, and
  similarly for sendonly and inactive.  These only effect the RTP stream. 
- Fix ABNF to include a unicast-address element, allowing comedia to
  align with both this and RFC2327
- "s= " rather than "s=-"
- Fix ABNF to reflect that s= is mandatory
- Clarify that s= is non-empty, and the contents SHOULD be ISO 10646

Any comments would be appreciated.

Colin

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Rajesh Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 15:36:03 -0800

Colin,
I suggest that acceptance of "s=-" when there is no meaningful session name 
be retained for backwards compatibility.  After all, we're fixing an 
existing standard, and not creating a new one. Backward compatibility 
should be an important consideration. I believe "s=-" will satisfy the ABNF 
definition of the session name, and therefore there is no backward 
compatibility issue, right?

Thanks,
Rajesh

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 19:27:04 -0500

I changed it to "s= " to match offer/answer, and because I was told that
was what SIP clients expected. 

Colin