Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] RTSP: Unclearities regarding pause with range (477423)

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 09:41:54 +0100

Hi, Rob

I still dont agree with the resolution. I have objections against the following
part of a sentence:

"but if multiple range specifiers are present, npt/smpte takes precence over
time."

My interpretation for PLAY is that you always first look at the time=value. You
don't actually perform the request until your wall clock is equal or after the
time specifed in time=. Then when performing the PLAY you will look and perform
as the npt/smpte/utc specifies. So I would like to remove the part about
npt/smpte taking presendence as it changes the behaviour compared to PLAY. My
opinion is that they should use the same mechanism as it simplifies
implementation and also align behviour.

What is your opinion?

Rob Lanphier wrote:

> *  RESOLVED: Only a single range specifier (format "value-" where "value"
> is a time) is allowed for pause. time="execution time in UTC" may also be
> used, but if multiple range specifiers are present, npt/smpte takes
> precence over time. A new example will be provided.
>
> Rob
> ----

Regards

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research ERA/T/VA
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson Radio Systems AB  | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Rob Lanphier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 09:04:25 -0800 (PST)

I don't have a strong opinion on this myself, but this is probably one I
should ask around about here at RN.  To be honest, in my haste to get the
email out last night, I overlooked that part of the discussion on the
list.

I'll get back to you next week on this one.

Rob