Subject: [MMUSIC] RTSP Telecon Agenda - 06 Feb

From: Rob Lanphier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 15:39:17 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

Below is the agenda for the RTSP telecon that will happen on Wednesday,
February 6 at 9 am PST (17:00 GMT).  Please RSVP no later than
end-of-business Monday (PST).

Agenda also available online:
http://rtsp.org/2002/telecon/agenda06Feb.html

Thanks
Rob
----
Rtsp Tc Agenda06 Feb2002

  ------------------------------------------------------------------------

  1. Last Telecon
       1. Review Action Items/New Issues
       2. Discussed and Resolved
       3. Discussed and still pending
  2. This Telecon

Last Telecon

Minutes: http://rtsp.org/2002/telecon/minutes23Jan.html

Review Action Items/New Issues

   * ACTION ITEM (RL): submit proposal to eliminate queued play
   * ACTION ITEM (MW): continuous sequence number filing
   * ACTION ITEM (JS): Write up aggregate URL proposal.

Discussed and Resolved

   * http://rtsp.org/bug477421 - When to send response
        o RESOLVED: server allowed to send immediate response with no
          sequence number. server should NOT set sequence number
   * http://rtsp.org/bug477425 - Inconsistency between timeformats
        o RESOLVED: Extend this to other time formats, and probably clarify
          the semantics of this particular syntax. Should start at pause
          point or the beginning.
   * http://rtsp.org/bug477427 - Transport model requirements
        o RESOLVED: define header and response for non-persistent
          connections. Default is connection-oriented, and connectionless
          MAY be implemented. Look into "supported" header.

Discussed and still pending

   * http://rtsp.org/bug477423 - Unclearities regarding pause with range
        o RESOLVED: Only a single range specifier (format "value-" where
          "value" is a time) is allowed for pause. time="execution time in
          UTC" may also be used. A new example will be provided.
        o PENDING: If multiple range specifiers are present, we need to
          determine which takes precedence (npt/smpte or time?).
   * http://rtsp.org/bug477424 - How to queue timed plays?
        o PENDING: propose elimination of queued play to list. Separate
          email necessary. Postpone 477424 until queue play is resolved
   * http://rtsp.org/bug477428 - Priorites between aggregated & non cntrl
        o PENDING: await resolution of queued play. Aggregate control issue
          needs larger discussion

This Telecon

A little bit different format this time around. We've got two big,
interrelated topics, for which there are a series of subissues. I'd like to
come to some sort of consensus on the two issues

   * Mixing Aggregate and Non-aggregate Control - see the email thread. This
     is related to several bugs:
        o http://rtsp.org/bug477400 - Play without range while playing
        o http://rtsp.org/bug477428 - Priorites between aggregated & non
          cntrl
        o http://rtsp.org/bug483356 - media URL in Play on aggregated
          session
        o http://rtsp.org/bug493270 - PAUSE/Play on single media in
          aggregate
        o http://rtsp.org/bug506412 - RTSP Teardown functionallity
   * Eliminate queued play - see the email thread and
     http://rtsp.org/bug508211 . This relates to several issues
        o http://rtsp.org/bug477424 - How to queue timed plays?
        o http://rtsp.org/bug477432 - RTP info and queued plays
        o http://rtsp.org/bug493265 - Pause - Play behaviour clarification
        o http://rtsp.org/bug507882 - RTP timestamps when playing after
          pause

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic