Subject: [MMUSIC] RADPLAY extentions for SDP

From: Rob Lanphier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 14:01:54 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

Hi all,

Just wanted to let everyone know about a new draft defining extensions
to SDP which help out in the process of RTP archiving, delivery and
playback.  Here's the abstract:

    This document defines RTP Archiving, Delivery, and Playback
    (RADPLAY) extensions for the Session Description Protocol
    (SDP, [RFC 2327]).  These extensions provide a standard means
    of archiving and delivering RTP streams via HTTP, using SDP
    and the commonly used 'rtpdump' file format.  As a result of
    its design, it also provides a way of delivering generic RTP
    streams over HTTP, thus making it a suitable replacement for
    approaches which rely on network-unfriendly mechanisms such
    as 'HTTP tunneling'.

Give it a look, and lemme know what you think.  I'd like to consider this
as a submission to move down the standards track, so if people generally
think this is a good idea, then we can work out what the strategy is for
moving this work forward.

Thanks
Rob

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 11:10:46 -0500
From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce:  ;
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lanphier-radplay-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: RTP Archiving, Delivery, and Playback (RADPLAY)
                          Extensions for SDP
	Author(s)	: R. Lanphier
	Filename	: draft-lanphier-radplay-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 15-Feb-02

This document defines RTP Archiving, Delivery, and Playback
(RADPLAY) extensions for the Session Description Protocol
(SDP, [RFC 2327]).  These extensions provide a standard means
of archiving and delivering RTP streams via HTTP, using SDP
and the commonly used 'rtpdump' file format.  As a result of
its design, it also provides a way of delivering generic RTP
streams over HTTP, thus making it a suitable replacement for
approaches which rely on network-unfriendly mechanisms such
as 'HTTP tunneling'.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lanphier-radplay-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-lanphier-radplay-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lanphier-radplay-00.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.