Subject: [MMUSIC] draft-guenkova-mmusic-e2enp-sdpng-00.txt

From: Teodora Guenkova <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 17:23:24 +0100

Dear MMUSIC WG Folks,

we have submitted draft-guenkova-mmusic-e2enp-sdpng-00.txt, that
should appear in the archives soon. Until it does, it is available from:

http://www-vs.informatik.uni-ulm.de/ietf/mmusic/sdp-ng/drafts/draft-guenkova-mmusic-e2enp-sdpng-00.txt

This document takes inspiration from
draft-ietf-mmusic-sdpng-trans-00.txt
and analyzes issues for providing both sedentary and
mobile users of multiparty, multimedia communication services
with efficient mechanisms for coping with unstable network
conditions and limited resource availability, conforming to the
users' QoS requirements and expectations. To this extent, the
concept of a comprehensive and efficient end-to-end QoS signaling
mechanism is needed, dealing not only with capabilities/QoS negotiation,
but
also with efficient re-negotiations and coordinated resource
management. Requirements of a protocol (thereinafter, the
"End-to-End Negotiation Protocol" - E2ENP), as well as a
possible implementation thereof, based on extensions of SDPng
and on the use of SIP, are then discussed. Finally, differences
and/or synergies with existing solutions and proposals
(especially with draft-bos-mmusic-sdpng-qos-00.txt and
draft-bos-mmusic-sdpqos-framework-00.txt), as well as security
considerations, are provided.

Regards,
--
-----------------------------------------
Teodora Guenkova-Luy
Dept. Distributed Systems, University of Ulm,
Oberer Eselsberg, 89069 Ulm, Germany

Tel.: +49 (0731) 502-4148
FAX: +49 (0731) 502-4142

e-Mail: [email-masked]
-----------------------------------------