Subject: [MMUSIC] RTSP: Agenda March 6 Telecon

From: Rob Lanphier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 09:20:47 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

The agenda for the telecon on Wednesday, March 6 9am PST is available
here:

http://rtsp.org/2002/telecon/agenda06Mar.html

...and included below as well.

If you aren't one of the usual attendees, and you'd like to participate,
please send me email before 12pm PST tomorrow (Tuesday, 5 Mar).

Thanks
Rob

  Rtsp Tc Agenda06 Mar2002

------------------------------------------------------------------------

   1. Last Telecon <#line3>
         1. Review Action Items/New Issues <#line7>
         2. Resolved last telecon <#line13>
   2. This Telecon <#line28>

  Last Telecon

Minutes: http://rtsp.org/2002/telecon/minutes20Feb.html

    Review Action Items/New Issues

    * ACTION ITEM (RL): Reserve room for RTSP meeting on Tuesday
    * ACTION ITEM (no owner yet): put together feature tag proposal for
      client agg
    * OPEN ISSUE: per media stream URLs, what does teardown mean?

    Resolved last telecon

    * http://rtsp.org/bug477428 - Priorites between aggregated & non cntrl
          * A single media stream is playing. Then an aggregated control
            which include this stream is issued a play. How should this
            be interpreted?
          * RESOLVED: not allowed, as per point a of Jonathan's email
            <http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/mmusic/current/msg00115.html>

    * http://rtsp.org/bug483356 - media URL in Play on aggregated session
          * In the current specification a URL is required in a
            PLAY/PAUSE request. When using aggregated control to bind
            multiple medias to a single session this URL is not obvious.
            If a user binds multiple medias that not are defined as a
            multimedia presentation a container URL does not exist.
          * RESOLVED: client SHOULD send the presentation URL as defined
            by session description; server MAY refuse play request if
            presentation URL doesn't match. Have informative note
            explaining why it's not a must; explain that only when not
            possible, not when not convenient
    * http://rtsp.org/bug493270 - PAUSE/Play on single media in aggregate
          * There is a aggregated session with two medias, video and
            audio. The client has made a PLAY on the aggregated control.
            At time A the client request PAUSE on the audio. At time B
            the client sends a PLAY on the audio stream. What behaviour
            should the client have?
          * RESOLVED: this is solved in MUTE/UNMUTE proposal
    * http://rtsp.org/bug506412 - RTSP Teardown functionallity
          * The usage of TEARDOWN is not clear when doing it on media
            url in a aggregated session.
          * RESOLVED: client MAY send TEARDOWN of stream URL. Server MAY
            refuse. Need proposal for option negotiation. When Server
            refuses, MUST return "method not allowed in this state" with
            proper Allow header
          * RESOLVED: allow * or presentation url for session teardown

  This Telecon

    * Discuss time allocation of Minneapolis IETF meeting
          * Agenda so far
                * Core RTSP specification
                      * Aggregate/non-agg control (Present modified
                        state machine?)
                      * Queued play
                      * Registration of feature tags for optional features
                * MUTE/UNMUTE proposal
    * Eliminate queued play - see the email thread
      <http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/mmusic/current/msg00105.html>
      and http://rtsp.org/bug508211 . This relates to several issues
          * http://rtsp.org/bug477424 - How to queue timed plays?
          * http://rtsp.org/bug477432 - RTP info and queued plays
          * http://rtsp.org/bug493265 - Pause - Play behaviour
            clarification
          * http://rtsp.org/bug507882 - RTP timestamps when playing
            after pause

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic