Subject: [MMUSIC] The a=type attribute should not be session-level in SDP

From: Xiaotao Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 10:42:20 -0500 (EST)

One usage of the a=type attribute is to define a conference as moderated
as `a=type:moderated'. Based on the sdp-new-07, that should indicate the
use of a floor control tool and that the media tools are started so as to
"mute" new sites joining the conference.

A common senario of a conference is, people can always see each other, but
only one people can talk at a time. That means audio is moderated but not
video. When a person join the conference, the person should mute his audio
tool but not video tool so that the other people can see him.

However, if the a=type attribute is defined as the session-level
attribute, both the audio tool and video tool of the person will be
muted. That's not expected. So, defining a=type attribute as session-level
attribute cannot handle this senario.

-Xiaotao

=========================================================
Name  : Xiaotao Wu
Email : [email-masked], [email-masked]
URL   : http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~xiaotaow
Phone : (212)939-7020, (212)939-7133,  Fax: (801)751-0217
SIP   : sip:[email-masked]
Office: Room 463, Mudd building, West 120th
=========================================================

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic