Subject: RE: [MMUSIC] Making the MMUSIC list subscriber only

From: "Tom-PT Taylor"<[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 21:35:26 -0400

MMUSIC does not get the levels of spam directed at the Megaco list, but you
should find the change a net benefit.  You can add legitimate non-member
posters to a list of allowed posters, lightening your load.  Of the 50-odd
requests I get per week as Megaco administrator, only one or two are actual
posts to the list.  I have also intercepted a few instances of the KLEZ
virus lately.

-----Original Message-----
From: Colin Perkins [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Saturday, May 25, 2002 5:58 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [MMUSIC] Making the MMUSIC list subscriber only

Folks,

We're considering switching the [email-masked] mailing list so that it
only accepts mail from subscribers (all other messages will be held for 
approval by the chairs, and approved unless obvious spam). This should
reduce the amount of spam on the list, but will make it harder for those
who send and receive mail from different addresses. 

We'd like to solicit the opinion of the working group on this change. Any
comments or objections?

Colin and Joerg

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic