Subject: [MMUSIC] media source ip/port in SDP

From: "Medhavi Bhatia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 13:23:25 -0400

Hi,

I remember there was a discussion some while back about specifying the
source ip/port for the media in the SDP. Is that standardized yet ? I am still
seeing some vendors using the RFC 2327 format, and assuming that the
source ip or port for media will be the same as the receive ip or port specified in the
SDP.
Is that correct or standardized somewhere ?

Medhavi.

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 16:17:48 -0400

From
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-offer-answer-02.txt:

The IP address
   and port present in the offer indicate nothing about the source IP
   address and source port of RTP and RTCP packets that will be sent by
   the offerer.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic