Subject: [MMUSIC] Server overriding Transport parameters

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 13:26:01 +0200

Hi,

When doing SETUPs, RFC 2326 states that "The Transport header specifies the
transport parameters acceptable to the client for data transmission; the
response will contain the transport parameters selected by the server."

Does "selected by the server" refers to one parameter set selected from the
client's submitted sets, or does it refers to a set of parameters
arbitrarily chosen by the server (e.g. based on its configured/authorized
transport capabilities) ??

e.g. if one configured a server that only handles interleaved transport,
would the following dialog be correct:

C -> S: SETUP rtsp://foo.com/bar.file RTSP/1.0
CSeq: 2
Transport: RTP/AVP/UDP;unicast;client_port=4556-4557,
RTP/AVP/TCP;multicast;client_port=4556-4557;source=224.25.136.178

S -> C: RTSP/1.0 200 OK
CSeq: 2
Date: 05 Jun 1997 18:57:18 GMT
Transport: RTP/AVP/TCP;interleaved=0-1

or should the server respond with an error code & indicate that it cannot
SETUP with the proposed parameters ??

Olivier

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Tom Marshall <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 09:46:48 -0700

> transport capabilities) ??

I believe the former.

> SETUP with the proposed parameters ??

The client did not give the server a choice of interleaved so it should
return a 461 error.