Subject: [MMUSIC] RE: [Sipping] Some comments on draft-ietf-sipping-sigcomp-sip-di ctionary-00.txt

From: "Lars-Erik Jonsson (EPL)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 10:14:07 +0200

Miguel,

> Regarding the size of the dictionary, it is 3636 octets, as 
> derived from the hexadecimal in section 5,

The next question related to this is whether the size is appropriate.
There is no argumentation for that in the draft.

> > - Section 2, Priorities.
> >   What is the intention with these priorities? This is a
> >   mandatory static dictionary, so all items must still be
> >   part of the always available dictionary, right?
> 
> We were using the priorities when we defined the actual order
> of each string into the dictionary. Some algorithms, such a 
> DEFLATE, may run optimized when the most used strings are located
> at the bottom of the dictionary. If you take a look, most of
> the strings with priority 1 are located at the bottom of the 
> dictionary.

This might be useful to clarify in the draft.

Cheers,
/L-E

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic