Subject: [MMUSIC] Making the MMUSIC list subscriber only

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 17:57:51 -0400

Folks,

We're considering switching the [email-masked] mailing list so that it
only accepts mail from subscribers (all other messages will be held for 
approval by the chairs, and approved unless obvious spam). This should
reduce the amount of spam on the list, but will make it harder for those
who send and receive mail from different addresses. 

We'd like to solicit the opinion of the working group on this change. Any
comments or objections?

Colin and Joerg

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 16:46:32 +0200

Hi,

I think this is a great idea which has worked well for a number of other 
IETF lists. I don't think that it is a problem for people sending and 
receiving from different addresses. The solution is very simple and 
require very little work. Subscribe with both addresses and then turn 
off delivery from the one which mails is not desired. Turning off the 
delivery is very simple to do using the mailman's web interface 
(https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic).

Cheers

Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund 

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research ERA/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson Radio Systems AB  | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 09:57:49 -0400

There were no objections to this suggestion, and several messages of
encouragement. Posts to the [email-masked] list are now restricted 
to subscribers only.

Colin