Subject: [MMUSIC] small question on draft-camarillo-mmusic-separate-streams-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 11:12:58 +0200

Hi Camarillo,

Is there a way to specify if this separation of the different media
stream is a local or end-to-end requirement? I guess this separation is
in most of the cases only necessary in the access networks and not in
the backbones.

A  second question is suppose I have three media stream 1=audio ,
2=video and 3=whiteboard, and I want to setup a separate resource
reservation for the whiteboard but the audio and video may be combined.
Using the current format (e.g. a=group: 2 3) would achieve the
separation for the whiteboard but also force the separation for the
audio and video stream?

Regards,
    Suresh

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 12:22:49 +0300

Hello,

> in most of the cases only necessary in the access networks and not in

The fact that the separation is local or end to end has nothing to do
with this draft. This draft defines the SDP format to specify that
separation is needed. If the SDP is transmitted end-to-end in, for
example, an end-to-end INVITE request, the separation will be performed
end to end. If you have a B2BUA that intercepts that INVITE, you could
achieve the same result for the access network. But in any case, this
has nothing to do with the SDP format used here.

> separation for the whiteboard but also force the separation for the

You would use  a=group:KIS 3

Regards,

Gonzalo