Subject: [MMUSIC] clock rate for RTP text

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 10:11:36 +0300

Hi,

I want to use SDP to describe an RTP text stream (RFC 2793). The session
description would look like:

m=text 20000 RTP/AVP 96
a=rtpmap:96 t140

However, in the definition of rtpmap (RFC2327 and SDP new), the clock
rate is a mandatory parameter:

a=rtpmap:<payload type> <encoding name>/<clock rate>[/<encoding
parameters>]

Which clock rate should be used in this case?... or we could make the
clock rate optional in SDP new...

Thanks,

Gonzalo
_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Ross Finlayson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 01:21:17 -0700

At 12:11 AM 9/2/02, Gonzalo Camarillo wrote:
>Which clock rate should be used in this case?

RFC 2793 mandates a RTP clock frequency of 1000 Hz for this payload format 
('text conversation').  So, your "rtpmap" line would be:
         a=rtpmap:96 t140/1000

     Ross.