Subject: [MMUSIC] Transport Connection and RTSP Session

From: Padmanabhan S N <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 03:11:50 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

Got a query in Transport connection and RTSP Session
relationship. 

Can a single transport connection be used to transmit
messages belonging to different RTSP sessions ?

Since the RTSP Session is identified by the session
identifier, i guess it should be logically possible to
allow multi-session messages on a single transport
connection.

- Paddu.

__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Plus – Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now.
http://mailplus.yahoo.com
_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 23:24:01 +0100

Hi Paddu,

Yes, a single connection shall allow carry of RTSP messages for several 
RTSP sessions. It is actually recommend to do that. Especially cases 
when one uses non-aggregated control and has multiple media streams.

Best Regards

Magnus

Padmanabhan S N wrote:

>Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now.

---

From: Padmanabhan S N <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 21:32:55 -0800 (PST)

Hi Magnus,

thanks for the clarification. should have read the
latest version of the draft before posting my
question. 

lets assume a Transport connection carries multiple
session messages and some or all of these sessions use
interleaved delivery for media data. 

then how do i associate the incoming interleaved media
data with a particular session ? 

- Paddu.

--- Magnus Westerlund

---

From: Tom Marshall <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 00:02:26 -0800

> data with a particular session ? 

The transport will have an interleave=M-N that serves as a pseudo "socket". 
You associate the "packets" with a client/session/object in the same way as
you would associate UDP packets on a UDP socket.

-- 
"When competing for a section of road or a parking space, remember that the
vehicle in need of the most body work has the right-of-way."
        -- Massachusetts Driver Education Manual