Subject: [MMUSIC] RTSP Proxy-require header

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 13:29:18 +0100

Hi,

At the last teleconference we discussed the RTSP proxy-require header. 
We have a proposal for changing the meaning of that header.

Current text: Says that proxy-require applies to both proxy and server.

New Proposal: The feature tags in a "Proxy-require" header will only 
apply to the proxies, and not the server. For feature that the server 
must support the "Require" header shall be used. If required feature 
support from both proxy and server both "Proxy-Require" and "Require" 
must be used.

Pro:
- Align with SIP's usage of header
- Makes it possible to create features tags for proxy only 
functionality. Otherwise all servers will be mandated to also know about 
proxy only features.

Cons:  Backwards compatibility. (Actually this does not matter much as: 
A old server implementing the old way would also not work with any new 
feature tags for proxies. So it will block operation independent of 
changed semantics or not.)

If you have any comments on this, please respond.

Best Regards

Magnus Westerlund 

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research ERA/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic