Subject: [MMUSIC] New draft on Stream Switching: draft-gentric-mmusic-stream-switching-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 08:39:24 +0100

Please find attached a new MMUSIC Internet Draft on stream switching

Abstract:

   Stream switching is a technique used to change the data rate of a
   media being streamed, typically for the purpose of adaptation to
   the effectively available bandwidth of the network. A backward
   compatible and independent RTSP "SWITCH" command is proposed in
   order to enable RTSP-based stream switching.

(See attached file: draft-gentric-mmusic-stream-switching-00.zip)

Comments are most welcome.

Regards,

PS: I know normally one should not post drafts on the reflector
but I sent it to [email-masked] on the 20th of february
and it has not surfaced since then(!?)

PS2: This document is also archived online at:
http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/tsg_sa/WG4_CODEC/TSGS4_25bis/Docs/S4-030195.zip

Philippe Gentric
Software Architect
Philips MP4Net
[email-masked]
http://www.platform4.philips.com