Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-offer-answer-examples-00.txt

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 11:30:56 -0400

Alan/Robert,

I just got around to reading this, and have a couple of comments.

	Paul

2.2 Audio and Video 2

    Since Alice only supports one audio codec at a time, a second
    offer is made with just that one codec to limit the codec choice to
    just one.

This seems ok but a little odd to me. In the second exchange, used to 
reduce to one codec, Alice also changes the port. Since the old port 
included the same codec, and since it is necessary to support both ports 
during the transition, this seems like a silly thing to do.

3.2 Hold with Two Streams

    Alice sends but can not receive RFC2833 tones in a separate audio
    stream.  Bob accepts both audio streams.  Bob then puts Alice's audio
    stream on hold but not the tone stream.  Alice responds with
    identical SDP to the initial offer.

I think this is wrong. When Bob puts Alice's audio stream on hold 
(a=sendonly), Alice is obligated to respond with a=recvonly, so sending 
the old sdp that lacks that is improper.

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic