Subject: [MMUSIC] How to transverse the symmetric NAT

From: "Jade Chen Yan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 17:06:35 +0800

Hi, list,
I am not sure this is the right place to ask such question. But I need help
indeed.

Suppose the scenario:

A has a public IP address , B is behind a symmetric NAT.  if A and B want to
have a call by RTP, the call control  signaling can be either H323 or SIP.
B can only get the A's RTP listening port , but cannot get A's RTP sending
port . So B cannot send a UDP package to  A's RTP sending port first. In
this case, A's RTP packets r locked down at B's NAT. (we use STUN to
determine B is behind the symmetric NAT.)

The solution I can get  now is relay, but the TURN is resource costly. Is
there any other better solution to this problem?(symmetric RTP cannot works
well in the system.)

Your reply will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Jade

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic