Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] WG Last Call on draft-rajeshkumar-mmusic-gpmd-02.txt

From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 22:00:57 -0400

In some off-line discussions, it was suggested, that we add the following
as a new paragraph #3 in Section 3 (which defines the "vbd" gpmd
parameter):

When use of a "vbd" media format has been negotiated, voice-band data
SHOULD be transported using either a "vbd" media format or another
negotiated media format suitable for transporting the voice-band data in
question. Examples of such media formats include RFC 2833 (with support
for relevant data modem and fax tones), T.38 fax relay, and V.150 modem
relay. Non-examples include G.723, G729, and PCMU without an
accompanying "vbd" gpmd parameter. Note that selection of specific
suitable media formats is typically done on the basis of stimuli, such
as the detection of an answer tone, a fax preamble and a modem CM
signal, which may occur at different times.

Please let me know if you disagree with this.

-- Flemming

Joerg Ott wrote:

> This is to issue WGLC on draft-rajeshkumar-mmusic-gpmd-02.txt
>
>    "SDP attribute for Qualifying Media Formats with Generic Parameters"
>
> for Proposed Standard.  The WGLC is to expire on April, 30th, 2003.
>
> Please direct any technical comments to the list and the authors,
> and please send purely editorial remarks only to the authors.
>
> Thanks,
> Joerg
>
> _______________________________________________
> mmusic mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic