Subject: [MMUSIC] IMG metadata

From: Peltotalo Sami <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 11:37:43 +0200 (EET)

Hi,

Has someone read Luoma's metadata dratf
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-luoma-mmusic-img-metadata-02.txt).
My question concerns about the relational part
of the IMG metadata. For example, we might have a use case where content
providers (IP Service Portal in the metadata model) announce their own
services (many IMG roots) and then IMG transceiver
(see IMG framework draft) merges those to a single IMG root. I think this
database might grow to quite big, and probably it is too large to be forwarded
ahead for example in a single set of metadata.

Has anyone ideas how the relational part of the
metadata might be splitted into smaller pieces, which can then be gathered
and rendered, in the receiver, as a service hierarchy?

How does it sound, if the IMG transceiver sends a set of metadata,
which informs the content providers, that are included in its IMG
(database). After that, it sends the content providers' IMGs. This
first set of metadata helps receivers to notice when they have reveived
the complete IMG from the IMG transceiver.

Metadata spec. says that there is root ID for IMG database. So for
example in the above mentioned use case, the first content provider had ID one, and the
second had ID two. Now the IMG transceiver's IMG database has ID three.
So the IMG tranceiver sends the content providers' IMG with its own IMG
root ID (three). Is this correct?

Cheers, Sami

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic