Subject: [MMUSIC] Delay in RTSP responses from Server

From: "Pranjal Dutta (prdutta)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 20:47:15 +0530

Hi,
           I have developed a RTSP Client to interact with a VoD Server and 
it is streaming MPEG-2 Videos quite well. Sometimes I am observing delays 
in getting response for PLAY,PUASE,TEARDOWN messages from the Server. 
Assuming that the Server is responding intact under heavy loaded condition 
the source of the problem goes to the Network congestion. Under heavy video 
traffic when the network is overloaded there are chances that small RTSP 
Messages are getting lost(and so TCP retransmission at the Server will try 
sending again and again) and so there is a delay in getting response. Is 
there any already existing mechanism to implement End to end QoS mechanism 
for giving priority to RTSP Messages. Is there any already established 
method to overcome such problems. I feel RTSP Control messages are very 
important from a viewers perspective.Just thinking about a viewer who is 
not able to STOP the video for minutes!!! I will be very obliged with the 
valuable suggestions/comments.

Thanks,
Pranjal

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic