Subject: [MMUSIC] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bfcp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 15:49:28 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Session Description Protocol (SDP) Format for Binary 
			  Floor Control Protocol (BFCP) Streams
	Author(s)	: G. Camarillo
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bfcp-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2005-1-13
	
This document specifies how to describe BFCP streams in SDP session
   descriptions.  User agents using the offer/answer model to establish
   BFCP streams use this format in their offers and their answers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bfcp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bfcp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bfcp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 09:46:38 -0500

This looks good to me. I am especially happy to se the description of 
connection reestablishment procedures.

One nit:

In serveral places (X= confid, userid, nonce, floorid) when describing 
the syntax, there is text of the form:

    X-attribute       = "a=X: " X-value
    X-value           = token

    The 'X' attribute carries the integer representation of the X

It would be better to really specify an integer in ABNF, rather than a 
token.

	Paul

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:28:17 +0000

> Filename	: draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bfcp-00.txt

I have just one comment: the "k=" line is marked as "NOT RECOMMENDED" 
in sdp-new-23, which also states that "The key field MUST NOT be used 
unless it can be guaranteed that the SDP is conveyed over a secure and 
trusted channel" (these changes were made as a result of IESG review 
comments).

To be compatible with these rules this draft needs to clearly explain 
why "k=" is the right solution, and mandate that the SDP is protected 
("MUST" rather than the current "SHOULD" in Security Considerations).

Otherwise, this looks good.

Colin