Subject: [MMUSIC] Question to draft-ietf-mmusic-kmgmt-ext-12.txt

From: "Steffen Fries" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 09:55:29 +0100

Hi,

I've got a question to the usage of draft-ietf-mmusic-kmgmt-ext-
12.txt together with MIKEY. 

Within section 6.1 the MIKEY interface is described. Both uses 
cases stream related MIKEY and session related MIKEY is 
desribed. While the stream related usage is straight forward and 
also discussed within MIKEY I'm not sure if the same is true for 
the session related MIKEY application. 

The following is stated to MIKEY usage on session level:
" ... When referring to streams described in SDP, MIKEY 
allocated two consecutive numbers for the related Crypto Session 
indexes (as each stream can be bi-directional). An example: if 
the SDP contains two m lines (specifying whatever direction of 
the streams), and MIKEY is at the session level, then MIKEY 
allocates e.g. the Crypto Sessions Identifiers (CS IDs, see 
[MIKEY)] '1' and '2' for the first m line, and '3' and '4' for 
the second m line. ..."

This describes a recommendation but doesn't it need to be a MUST 
statement to ensure interoperability of products from different 
vendors? Maybe I missed something in the draft or is it stated 
elsewhere?

Regards
	Steffen

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: "Elisabetta Carrara \(AL/EAB\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:39:54 +0100

Hi Steffen,
right, thanks for pointing this out. 
We will modify the text.

Cheers
/E

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf
>Of Steffen Fries
>Sent: den 31 januari 2005 09:55
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: [MMUSIC] Question to draft-ietf-mmusic-kmgmt-ext-12.txt
>
>
>Hi,
>