Subject: [MMUSIC] Re: [AVT] Application sharing - a first protocol draft

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 12:15:58 +0100

Henning,

I like this idea a lot ;-)

1) I understand the need to "multiplex" data from all windows into a 
single RTP session,
what is unclear is if you intend to mix all the *types* 
(graphics,keyboard, pointing device, etc)
into a single RTP session, or if each would have its own RTP session
e.g. UDP port and one line in SDP, just as audio and video ?

2) Obviously if you dont use TCP you will have to find a way to ask for a 
full refresh !

3) Since this corresponds to defining a number of RTP payload formats, 
did you consider diving into the PNG format in order to make a "true" RTP 
payload for it,
i.e. one that would improve robustness to packet losses ?

regards,

Philippe Gentric

Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Sent by: 
[email-masked]
13/01/2005 19:50

        To:     [email-masked]
[email-masked]
        cc:     (bcc: Philippe Gentric/SUR/PSW/PHILIPS)
        Subject:        [AVT] Application sharing - a first protocol draft
        Classification: 

We have put together an initial draft on how to do applicationg sharing,
at the pixel level. For reasons discussed also in our earlier
requirements document
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schulzrinne-mmusic-sharing-00.txt),
we believe that this is closely related to remote access to applications
and that timing information is relevant. Thus, the initial draft
primarily defines RTP payload types. Until the draft appears in the
archives, you can find it at

http://www1.cs.columbia.edu/~lennox/draft-lennox-avt-app-sharing-00.txt

Note that this type of application sharing is application-neutral and
application-unaware, i.e., this is not a "shared whiteboard" or "shared
editor" protocol.

We would appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Henning

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 12:15:58 +0100

Henning,

regards,

Philippe Gentric

        To:     [email-masked]
[email-masked]

Henning

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 08:43:31 -0500

To avoid needless cross-posting, I'm keeping any application sharing 
discussion contributions on AVT for now.

Henning