Subject: [MMUSIC] ICE/TURN confusion

From: Adam Fisk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:20:05 -0400

I'm confused about the use of TURN servers in ICE.  In particular, 
successful connections to TURN candidates rely on the other UA having 
sent TURN Send Requests to the TURN server prior to the attempt to use 
the candidate.  I see no way of ensuring that UAs are able to do this 
before the other UA attempts to connect to the TURN server, leaving open 
the potential for them to incorrectly discard candidates when they are 
unable to connect.

Should UACs issue Send Requests prior to sending ACKs to enable the UAS 
to connect?   What are the recommended times for issueing Send Requests 
for TURN candidates in ICE?  Is there something I'm missing?  I'm 
working on this for TCP in particular, but it's the same for the UDP 
case as far as I can tell.

Thanks.

-Adam

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic