Subject: [MMUSIC] Using SIP to start RTSP session for recording videomail?

From: Petteri Hallikainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 13:56:05 +0300

Hello all,

Have there ever been any discussion of using SIP for starting a RTSP
session for recording a videomail ? By videomail I mean same kind of
service than voicemail but with video capability, i.e., user could
record a video instead plain voice.

I do not know if this is a right forum for this kind issue, but anyway.
I am looking that I could indicate perhaps in SDP when caller sends
INVITE to callee, and if the callee is not reachable, the proxy could 
send in to the caller the SDP the parameters to RTSP server and the 
streaming server can then establish a session for recording after user 
sends starts the set up.

Or is there some other much usable existing ways of doing this kind of
service for SIP users?

+--------------------------------------------+
Petteri Hallikainen

+358 40 706 4037
<mailto:petteri.hallikainen(at)tietoenator.com>
<http://www.tietoenator.com>
P.O Box 171, FI-00381, HELSINKI
+--------------------------------------------+

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic