Subject: [MMUSIC] New ID on qos mechanism selection offered for review

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 11:13:37 -0500

All

3 of us (Gonzalo, Subha Dhesikan and myself) have written a new ID on how 
endsystems indicate a particular qos mechanism, now that there is more than 
one, to avoid incorrect assumptions that can exist during call set-up, 
particularly when preconditions are in an offer.

This ID proposes a new SIP option-tag to indicate there is a qos-selection 
process to occur, and a new SDP attribute to indicate both preferred and 
supported qos mechanisms by an endsystem.

There is a thought of not tying this so much to preconditions, but to have 
this be a general purpose mechanism whenever qos is used.  Comments are 
requested

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-polk-mmusic-qos-mechanism-identification-00.txt

Thank you

cheers,
James

                                 *******************
                 Truth is not to be argued... it is to be presented.

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic