Subject: [MMUSIC] Question on timing of "connectivity check" in connectivity-precon -00

From: "Geib, Ruediger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 16:29:08 +0200

Hello Flemming,

I appreciate the work you and your co-authors started on a 
connectivity precondition very much. I've been starting to 
investigate connectivity checks by myself and felt it to 
be useful, if the measurement based connectivity check only 
delays the session set up as little as possible. 

Figure 2 of your draft shows UAC A to start checking 
connectivity only after having receiced (4) 200 OK (PRACK). 
It could start to do so after having received message 
(2) 183 Session Progress. I'd be interested in the reasoning 
behind the design shown in figure 2 of the draft.

I'm not on the avt-list and I'd appreciate responses of you 
and the receivers I addressed directly being copied to me.

Thanks and regards,

Rüdiger

Rüdiger Geib

T-Systems International GmbH
Senior Expert
Systems Integration 
Technologiezentrum
Engineering Networks, Products & Services
Packet based Carrier Transport Networks
Deutsche-Telekom-Allee 7, D-64295 Darmstadt
Fon: +49 6151 937-2138
http://www.t-systems.com

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 17:46:40 -0400

>behind the design shown in figure 2 of the draft.
No particular reason. As you note, it can be initiated any time after 
the initial answer SDP is received (step 2 in the figure), and it needs 
to complete before the UPDATE can be sent (step 5 in the figure). We can 
move the initiation up a bit if you like.

-- Flemming