Subject: [MMUSIC] File-transfer issue 27: File selector terminology is confusing

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 16:36:19 +0300

Paul Kyzivat wrote:
 > This is looking pretty good - much improved over the last version I
 > looked at. I have an assortment of comments, mostly nits or issues with
 > wording:
 >
 > Section 5:
 >
 >    Specially in case the SDP offer is generated by the file receiver,
 >    the offer needs a mechanism to unambiguously identify the requested
 >    file.  For this purpose, the file transfer mechanism introduces the
 >    concept of a file selector, which is defined as the combination of
 >    the 4-tuple composed of the name, size, type, and hash of the file.
 >    We call each of these individual items a selector.
 >
 > I find the above confusing. Is the selector the individual item, or the
 > tuple of all the items?

I think the above text was clear: there is a file selector that can 
contain up to four individual "items" that describe the file. Those 
items are called selectors, but I don't mind the name, if you find it 
confusing, please suggest another one. So, to answer your question, each 
of the individual items is a selector.

/Miguel

-- 
Please note my new e-mail address: miguel.garcia at nsn.com
Miguel A. Garcia           tel:+358-50-4804586
Nokia Siemens Networks     Helsinki, Finland

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic