Subject: [MMUSIC] FW: [imtcmembers] IMTC Multimedia Standards Historical Archive - contributions?

From: "Chris Steck" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 16:35:16 -0700

[Taking off my RealNetworks hat and putting on my IMTC CTO hat...]

Sorry if you get this multiple times,

A while back there were some threads going on pre-existing IPR for IP
telephony and I encouraged people to drop the topic on the reflectors due to
the unknown impact it may have on your causes to discuss and share
information in that manner.  Today I wanted to follow up by letting you all
know about a valuable resource from IMTC which you can both leverage and
help strengthen:

The IMTC has an IPR AG which is developing a Multimedia Standards Historical
Archive which contains contributions to standards meetings, reports, records
of IPR licensing declarations, copies of standard organizations patent
databases, publications such as journal articles, books, etc.

See below for the process to contact the IMTC Secretariat if you think you
have actual historical documentation that can benefit the archive. (or for
that matter, want to join IMTC so that you can leverage the archive!) While
the mail below is targeted at member companies, we also encourage
non-members with documentation of interest to submit via the same process
indicated below.  (Please don't reply to this mail to the misc
reflectors...)

Thanks,

Chris Steck
CTO of IMTC

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Luthi [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 8:55 AM
To: IMTC Members
Subject: [imtcmembers] IMTC Multimedia Standards Historical Archive -
contributions?

Dear IMTC Members,

Many of you are aware of the existence of the IMTC Multimedia Standards
Historical Archive and an increasing number of you are regularly consulting
it.

The IMTC Multimedia Standards Historical Archive contains contributions to
standards meetings, reports, records of IPR licensing declarations, copies
of standard organizations patent databases, publications such as journal
articles, books, etc.

Much of this information originated 10 to 25 years ago. Due to the huge
amount of information, and the difficulty to find old documentation,
archives containing this kind of information are incomplete, and must be
built up step by step. For example, the ITU keeps fairly good records on
ITU-T SG level, but none on the Rapporteurs Group level, which is the most
important for IPR work. In addition, prior to 1995, the majority of records
were still paper, making them almost inaccessible for today's purposes.

Thanks to contributions made by members, we are slowly building up the IMTC
archive. We would like to encourage members to submit their own old archived
records to the IMTC to help us adding value to the historical archive. These
contributions can be made in paper form, scanned copies of documents, or
electronic files. Anything related to our industry that can help us complete
our existing documentation is useful. We kindly ask members, willing to
submit their records, to first send a list of documents to the Secretariat
([email-masked]). This will allow the IPR Activity Group to check
if those documents are not already archived in the database and that way
avoid submission of numerous duplicate records.

For any questions on the Historical Archive or submissions of documents,
please feel free to contact Jim Polizotto, IMTC Secretary
([email-masked]).

Thank you and best regards,

Patrick Luthi
IMTC Vice President

---

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic