Subject: [MMUSIC] questions odraft-ietf-mmusic-ice-15.txt

From: "Rafael Kiel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 15:53:24 +0300

Hi

I have two question regarding draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-15.txt

1.	Chapter 15.1. ( "candidate" Attribute) says the following:

.. In that case, when receiving an offer or answer containing an FQDN
in an a=candidate attribute, the FQDN is looked up in the DNS using an A
or AAAA record, and the resulting IP address is used for the remainder
of ICE processing ...

What should be done if the DNS look up results in more than address?
Does agent has to perform AAAA DNS request if the A request succeeds? 

The implementation could create the remote candidate for each IPv4 and
IPv6 address learned as the result of DNS lookup or it can take one
arbitrary address. I believe it needs to be clarified.

2.	Chapter 8.2.  (Updating States) says:

If an In-Progress pair in the check list is for the same

o  If there is at least one nominated pair in the valid list for a

      media stream and the state of the check list is Running:

            ...

      *  If an In-Progress pair in the check list is for the same

         component as a nominated pair, the agent SHOULD cease

         retransmissions for its check if its pair priority is lower

         than the lowest priority nominated pair for that component

            ...

Why an agent does not discard this check completely? If it succeeds the
pair will not be used since there exists another pair with higher
priority but letting this check to complete will require some
(superfluous) work to be done.

Thanks,

            Rafi Kiel 

            RADVISION

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic