Subject: [MMUSIC] SDPCapNeg: Few other items that were discussion in Prague

From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 13:18:34 -0400

A) Should we allow for one or more "tcap" (transport protocol 
capability) attributes at each of the the session-level and media-level ?
Currently, we allow for more than one. Design team consensus was to 
allow for only one.

B) Do we need to say more about their syntax and semantics that we 
currently do, and if so what ?
Desing team consensus was that current text is sufficient.

C) Rename the "tcap" attribute ?
It was suggested to rename the "tcap" attribute to something else to 
avoid confusing the SS7 crowd. Design team consensus was that we wanted 
the structure of all the capabilities to be similar (same number of 
letters). If we were to rename it to say "tpcap", this would require 
renaming the "acap" attribute as well. Based on this and to minimize 
churn, the design team decided to keep the current "tcap" name as-is.

Please let me know if you disagree with any of the above.

Thanks

-- Flemming

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic