Subject: [MMUSIC] File transfer version -03

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 17:15:33 +0300

Hi:

I have just submitted version -03 of the file transfer mechanism draft. 
Until it becomes available in your favorite repository, you can fetch a 
copy from:

http://people.nokia.net/~miguel/drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-file-transfer-mech-03.txt
http://people.nokia.net/~miguel/drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-file-transfer-mech-03.html

A diff version is also available:
http://people.nokia.net/~miguel/drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-file-transfer-mech-03-from-2.html

These are the changes in this version:
- new attribute 'file-transfer'. It determines whether a "new" file 
transfer is requested, or the SDP is there because of an "existing" file 
transfer.
- ABNF in name selector considers double quotes now.
- ABNF of hash changes to be equal to RFC 4572 (Comedia).
- File disposition 'not-render' is now 'attachment'. No need to invent a 
new disposition value.
- Hash of file is locally  computed and checked for errors with that in 
the SDP.
- All available hash algorithms are sent.
- Clarifications on the usage of the max-size attribute in MSRP
- Added considerations about the 'file-icon' attribute and their 
requirements for multipart MIME bodies.

Other minor changes:
- Addition of definitions of Push and Pull operations
- Clarification that the file selector need not contain all four selectors

To my knowledge, this completes the round of discussions we had in the 
past. There is only one open issue that I will be discussing in a 
separate thread.

BR,

      Miguel
-- 
Miguel A. Garcia           tel:+358-50-4804586
Nokia Siemens Networks     Espoo, Finland

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 11:22:32 -0400

Miguel,

This has resolved the issues I had. I did come across a few minor points:

- the syntax of filename-string does not address escaping, yet
   there is mention elsewhere of percent encoding filenames that
   contain quotes.

I think you need something more like the following (adapted from 3261):

    percent-encoded =  "%" HEXDIG HEXDIG
    filename-char   = %x01-09/%x0B-0C/%x0E-21/%x23-24/%x26-FF
          ;any byte except NUL, CR, LF, double quotes, or percent
    filename-string = 1*(filename-char/percent-encoded)

- it might be good to clarify, somewhere, that the hash is computed over 
the *entire* file, even if the transfer is only for a file-range. This 
may be obvious, but maybe not. One place to do this might be as a NOTE 
near the description of the 'hash' selector in section 6.

- section 8.1.1 doesn't say what the offerer should do after receiving 
the answer. Perhaps this is obvious, but its inconsistent with the other 
sections.

That's all.

	Thanks,
	Paul

---

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 10:42:34 +0300

Hi Paul:

Thanks for the review. I agree with your three issues, so I will fix 
them in the next version.

On the other hand: did you have a chance to verify if the discussion 
about the hash is correctly implemented? I still want to do a full 
review focusing on the hash, so I would appreciate more eye globes that 
review this particular issue.

BR,

   Miguel

Paul Kyzivat wrote:
>> I have just submitted version -03 of the file transfer mechanism 
>> draft. Until it becomes available in your favorite repository, you can 
>> fetch a copy from:
>>
>> transfer is requested, or the SDP is there because of an "existing" 
>> file transfer.
>> - File disposition 'not-render' is now 'attachment'. No need to invent 
>> a new disposition value.
>> - Hash of file is locally  computed and checked for errors with that 
>> in the SDP.

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 08:08:37 -0400

> review this particular issue.

Yes, I think the coverage of hash is fine now with the exception of the 
small clarification I mentioned.

	Paul

>> - it might be good to clarify, somewhere, that the hash is computed 
>> over the *entire* file, even if the transfer is only for a file-range. 
>> This may be obvious, but maybe not. One place to do this might be as a 
>> NOTE near the description of the 'hash' selector in section 6.
>>
>> the answer. Perhaps this is obvious, but its inconsistent with the 
>> other sections.
>>
>> That's all.
>>
>>     Thanks,
>>     Paul
>>
>> Miguel Garcia wrote:
>>> Hi:
>>>
>>> draft. Until it becomes available in your favorite repository, you 
>>> can fetch a copy from:
>>>
>>> - File disposition 'not-render' is now 'attachment'. No need to 
>>> invent a new disposition value.
>>> To my knowledge, this completes the round of discussions we had in 
>>> the past. There is only one open issue that I will be discussing in a 
>>> separate thread.
>>>
>>> BR,
>>>
>>>      Miguel
>