Subject: [MMUSIC] SDPCapNeg Issue #8: Interaction between SIP option tags and SDP CapNeg extensions

From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 13:15:45 -0400

Jonathan Lennox noted that a potential configuration could require use 
of some SDP extension, whereas another potential configuration might 
not. For SDP extensions that have a SIP option tag associated with them 
(e.g. like RFC 3312 preconditions), this implies that we cannot use a 
SIP Require header with that SIP option tag if we want the SDP 
capability negotiation scheme to support either of these potential 
configurations. The SDP Capability Negotiation framework currently has 
no way of addressing that.

This issue was brought up in Prague where it was discussed briefly. The 
general feeling was that it is not something we can address in the SDP 
Capability Negotiation framework, however we should note the issue in 
the document.

Please let me know if you disagree with this and/or have a suggestion 
for resolving it.

Thanks

-- Flemming

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic