Subject: [MMUSIC] Regarding ICE

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 17:39:45 +0530

Hi all,

I am implement ICE functionality. I have some queries related with ICE.

1. What is the difference between peer reflexive candidate in Section 7.2.1.3
and 7.1.2.2.1

2. When to start Regular nomination check....

Regards
Revathi

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 20:10:08 -0400

> 1. What is the difference between peer reflexive candidate in Section 7.2.1.3

Section 7.2.1.3 are procedures for the STUN *server* and 7.1.2.2.1 are 
procedures for the STUN *client*.

> 2. When to start Regular nomination check....

You mean the check with the USE-CANDIDATE flag?

Its a matter of local implemnetation choice. You would typically wait 
until at least one check for each component of a media stream has 
suceeded, and then pick the candidate pairs you want to use and repeat 
the checks for them.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com