Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] WGLC: draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-15.txt

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 22:39:24 -0400

Putting the finishing touches on -16 right now. Responses inline:

Xavier Marjou wrote:

> Here are some comments:
> 
> Title:
> - Replace "Methodology" by "Protocol", since "protocol" is used in 
> introduction.

done.

> 
> Section 5.7.3 "Pruning the Pairs"
> - Why is a local relayed candidate not also replaced by its base, as
> well as for a local reflexive candidate?

Because checks in that case are not the same as a host candidate. WIth a 
relayed candidate, you'll do a TURN send, rather than sending directly 
from the local socket. The results can differ as a consequence.

> 
> Section 7.2 "Server Procedures"
> - What happens if the credential is unknown? Is the request silently 
> discarded?

This should never happen based on this protocol. As a general rule I do 
not specify treatment for cases that are not possible unless there is 
protocol implementation errors somewhere.

> 
> Section 12.1.1 "Offer in INVITE":
> - My opinion is to keep a single one with RFC3262 and not to add a 2nd
> mechanism for doing it.

I assume you mean reliability of provisional responses. This feature of 
ICE was contentious but we did achieve consensus on it. I don't see any 
reason to reopen this concluded topic at this time.

> - Typo: replace "3264" by "3262", "th exponential" by "the
> exponential", and "transmission of a 2XX response" by "transmission of
> the answer in a 2XX response".

done.

> 
> Other:
> - Replace 3 instances of "offeror" by "offerer"

done.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic