Subject: [MMUSIC] SDPCapNeg Issue #2: Answer not getting through middle-boxes if transport protocol in answer differs from offer

From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 13:13:44 -0400

The current document allows for one transport protocol to be listed in 
the offer "m=" line, and based on the potential configuration, the 
answer SDP may include a different transport protocol in the 
corresponding "m=" line. Hadriel Kaplan had pointed out that some SBCs 
will not pass an answer that has a different transport protocol than the 
offer.

The design  team discussed this in Prague, however the feeling was that 
addressing it would make the solution even more complicated (generate 
two valid answers essentially, one of which has to be encoded in 
attributes), so we want to keep the current solution as-is and instead 
hope that such SBCs will be updated. The draft will be updated to 
explain this issue.

If you have a major concern with this approach, please speak up.

Thanks

-- Flemming

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic