Subject: [MMUSIC] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-westerlund-mmusic-3gpp-sdp-rtsp-05.txt]

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 14:42:06 +0200

Hi,

We have finally managed to update the draft to take care of the comments 
raised by Jean-Francois. We also have addressed the issue with meeting 
the registration requirements for SDP "proto" identifiers which requires 
an RFC to document the definition. A normative definition of the 
protocol identifiers are now included in this document.

Please provide any comments before the 27th of August. We plan to 
request publication if no comments has been received by then.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM/M
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-westerlund-mmusic-3gpp-sdp-rtsp-05.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 15:15:01 -0400
List-Id: i-d-announce.ietf.org

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: SDP and RTSP extensions defined for 3GPP Packet-switched Streaming Service and Multimedia Broadcast/Multicast Service
	Author(s)	: P. Frojdh, M. Westerlund
	Filename	: draft-westerlund-mmusic-3gpp-sdp-rtsp-05.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 2007-7-6
	
The Packet-switched Streaming Service (PSS) and the Multimedia
   Broadcast/Multicast Service (MBMS) defined by 3GPP use SDP and RTSP
   with some extensions. This document provides information about these
   extensions and registers the RTSP and SDP extensions with IANA.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-westerlund-mmusic-3gpp-sdp-rtsp-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-westerlund-mmusic-3gpp-sdp-rtsp-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-westerlund-mmusic-3gpp-sdp-rtsp-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: "Jaehwan Kim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 11:54:14 +0900

Hi Magnus,

The section 7.7, "RTSP URI extension" in this draft looks like saying an extension of RTSP request URI, while I understand that 5.3.3.1 of 3GPP TS26.234 just defines a special format of SDP a=control URI for 3GPP service. 

Therefore, the possible revise would be:
---
7.7. SDP a=control URI format
In 3GPP RTSP streaming session, a=control URI must have a track ID information. The value of a=control URI, stream identifiers must be expressed using the following syntax:

streamIdentifier 	= <stream-id-token>"="<stream-id>
stream-id-token 	= 1*alpha
stream-id	= 1*digit

This stream-id must be equal to the value of track-ID field in the track header (tkhd) box associated with the media track of "3GP" file format [PSS-3GP]. 

When hinted track is used, embedded SDP must also follow this rule.
In 3GPP, streaming-server profile of 3GP format defines hinted track.
(See 5.3.3.1 of [PSS-234]).
---

In generic RTSP streaming, we could use a free format, e.g. a=control:audio or a=control:video. But in 3GPP, a=control must contain trackID or streamID with '='. We understand this is the main point of this clause. 

Cheers,
Jaehwan
Vidiator

-----Original Message-----
From: Magnus Westerlund [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 9:42 PM
To: mmusic (E-mail); "Per Fröjdh (KI/EAB)"
Subject: [MMUSIC] [Fwd: I-DACTION:draft-westerlund-mmusic-3gpp-sdp-rtsp-05.txt]

Hi,

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 14:24:19 +0200

Thanks Jaehwan,

We will look into what you suggest.

/Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund