Subject: [MMUSIC] ICE specification size evolution from birth till now

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 10:34:39 -0400

I thought it would be interesting to chart the number of pages in the 
ICE spec as a function of version. The first version appeared in 
February 2003, and there have been 19 drafts total. For an Excel chart 
of sizes, see:

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/ice-size.xls

Two interesting points to note are:

* the spec (and I think all specs) always grow in size from revision to 
revision, unless there is a major rewrite

* The big rewrite we did from ice-9 to ice-10 cut the size down from 109 
to 70 pages - a huge improvement. ICE-17 is now up to 111, exceeding the 
size when we did the rewrite.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic