Subject: [MMUSIC] ICE-tcp is here

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 16:05:06 -0400

An updated ICE-tcp specification is now available:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-tcp-04.txt

The changes in this version are:

* terminology update to align with rfc3489bis
* "STUN then TLS" specified, so that STUN runs outside of the TLS session
* clarified that, when gathering candidates, TCP connection to STUN or
TURN server must be kept open during ICE processing. Defined rules for
connection lifecycle management, including reconnets, of connections
to turn and stun servers
* alignment of pacing rules with new algorithm in core ICE
* after a connection re-establishment between peers, connectivity
checks are redone prior to sending media or restarting TLS.
This is to avoid attacks whereby an intermediary injects itself in
after a connection fails and is reconnected. This is a change
from before, where STUN was not sent after connection re-establishment
* allowing either UDP or TCP candidates with secure media is now
spelled out. The proposal in here is to allow DTLS-SRTP to run over
TCP.

There are a few open issues which I will post in other threads.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic