Subject: [MMUSIC] file transfer: examples nits

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 14:21:31 -0500

The current file transfer draft calls out to RFC 2822 for the syntax for
date-time. RFC 2822 defines numeric time zones to be of the form "-0600"
-- however, the examples in the file transfer document all show them
with a colon: "-06:00"

Similarly, Figure 2 uses an undefined value of "not-render" where it 
almost certainly means "attachment".

We need to be careful here; otherwise, the 5% of the people who read the
text will create implementations that won't interoperate with the 95%
who merely implement the examples. :)

/a

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 13:49:30 +0300

Good catch. Thanks.

I agree, the examples MUST be absolutely correct.

So, I did a review of the whole draft (for dates and times) and this is 
the conclusion:

In SIP, the Date header uses only GMT:

Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 13:02:03 GMT

In SDP, the file-date attribute uses time zones without colon:

a=file-date:creation:"Mon, 15 May 2006 15:01:31 +0300"

In MIME wrappers, the *-date parameter in the Content-Disposition header 
uses time zones without a colon (like the file-date attribute in SDP):

creation-date="Mon, 15 May 2006 15:01:31 +0300"

In MSRP, the DateTime header uses colons:

DateTime: 2006-05-15T15:02:31-03:00

I also fixed the file-disposition to be attachment

I hope it is correct now in my working copy. Thanks again for this catches.

/Miguel

-- 
Miguel A. Garcia           tel:+358-50-4804586
Nokia Siemens Networks     Espoo, Finland

---

From: "Jean-Francois Mule" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 10:24:46 -0600

If you plan on presenting slides for the 2 mmusic sessions, please send
the slides to [email-masked] (if possible by early tomorrow
morning Chicago time).

Thank you in advance,
Jean-Francois.