Subject: [MMUSIC] comments on draft-fischl-mmusic-sdp-dtls

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 11:58:32 -0500

>  This specification defines how to use the Session Description
>    Protocol (SDP) to signal that media will be transported over Datagram
>    Transport Layer Security (DTLS) or where the SRTP security context is
>    established using DTLS and. 

something is missing here.

> Session Description Protocol (SDP) RFC 2327 [6] has been used to set
>    up the transport of various types of media with RTP [8] over UDP [9],
>    TCP [14], and TLS [12]. 

actually false; RFC 4572 does NOT define RTP over TLS.

> This
>    specification defines new SDP protocol syntax that allow SDP to
>    indicate that DTLS should be used to transport the media when TLS is
>    used.

I think you mean, "DTLS should be used as the key management protocol 
for media transported by SRTP"

> only TLS over TCP.  This document extends that specification to also
>    deal with TLS over datagram protocols such as UDP and DCCP and when
>    (D)TLS is used to establish keys for SRTP as in [4]

dont you mean DTLS? not not (D)TLS? I don't think we are specifying TLS 
with SRTP; that was the agreement at the last ietf - it would be 
DTLS-SRTP but over TCP.

-Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   499 Thornall St.
Cisco Fellow                                   Edison, NJ 08837
Cisco, Voice Technology Group
[email-masked]
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (408) 902-3084
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic