Subject: [MMUSIC] Another incoming liaison, from MPEG

From: Stephan Wenger <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 08:11:57 -0800

Hi all,

More liaison activity.  This one is addressed to all liaison contacts  
of ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG1.  They are responsible for the JPEG/JBIG  
still image codecs, and therefore, i think, AVT and MMUSIC are  
perhaps most interested.  No action from our side is requested.

They inform us about their progress on JPEG XR, which they  
characterize as follows:

JPEG XR as specified in Part 2 is a coding format designed for use  
with all types of continuous-tone photographic content, and is based  
on proposals submitted to JPEG by Microsoft, incorporating their “HD  
Photo” coding technology, as currently shipped within their Windows  
Vista operating system. The capabilities that it is designed to  
enable include the following:
–        High performance, embedded-system friendly compression,  
particularly characterized by

–    Small memory footprint

–    Integer-only operations with no divides

–        High compression quality

–        Lossless or lossy compression using the same algorithm

The full text is available here: https://datatracker.ietf.org/ 
documents/LIAISON/file500.doc

Regards,
Stephan

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic