Subject: [MMUSIC] ICE: Forming Candidate Pairs with same transport protocol

From: "Alfred E. Heggestad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 11:38:32 +0100

Hi

I have a question about draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-19, in
section 5.7.1:

5.7.1. Forming Candidate Pairs

    "A local candidate is paired with a remote candidate if
     and only if the two candidates have the same component ID and have
     the same IP address version."

-> would it be fair to require that the candidates also have the
    same transport protocol?

/alfred

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 18:19:58 -0500

Yes; however that is implied by the fact that ICE only supports UDP. 
ICE-tcp does specify that the transport protocols have to match.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com