Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] Abnormal termination

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 14:52:43 +0300

In RFC2326bis there is more elegant way to do so:
using the new PLAY_NOTIFY request with End-Of-Stream reason.
 
However for RTSP/1.0, using RTCP BYE seems more appropriate since it
doesnt depends on timeout.
Any other suggestion are welcome.

Regards,

Amit Yedidia

________________________________

From: Jaehwan Kim [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 11:28 AM
To: Ankit Kumar Jalori; Yedidia Amit
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [MMUSIC] Abnormal termination

Hi,

Please google discussion here in the past first.

RTCP BYE is optional and UDP is basically not reliable.

My suggestion is:

a.      Server stops sending.

b.      Waiting until player sends TEARDOWN or stops the connection
until it detects timeout due to no RTP packets.

c.      In the mean time, server would be good to continue to send RTCP
SR.

In some cases, player might be crashed if server just terminates the
session.

Regarding more detail about timeout during the session, please see the
latest 2326bis.

Regards,

Jaehwan

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Ankit Kumar Jalori
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 9:44 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] Abnormal termination

Dear Amit,

            Server can simply close the connection if it does not want
graceful close.

            When client does not see any data coming from server for a
specific period then it can assume the connection has lost.

Regards,

Ankit Kumar Jalori

________________________________

From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 12:22 PM
To: Ankit Kumar Jalori
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: Abnormal termination

Dear Ankit,

what's happened when the Server wants to terminate session regardless to
the Client response

Regards,

Amit Yedidia

Elbit System Ltd.

Email: [email-masked]

Tel: 972-4-8318905

----------------------------------------------------------

________________________________

From: Ankit Kumar Jalori [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 9:07 AM
To: Yedidia Amit
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: Abnormal termination

Dear Amit,

            That's right,

            Ideally when server wants to gracefully terminate the
connection it should inform client by sending RTCP BYE which in turn 

should make client send TEARDOWN.

But there are some cases where some servers mistakenly send BYE packets
but still keep on sending data in that case

there should be check for this scenario.

Regards,

Ankit Kumar Jalori

________________________________

From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 11:41 AM
To: Ankit Kumar Jalori
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: Abnormal termination

Dear Ankit,

Thank\ you for your answer,

To be more specific, your proposal is :

1.The Server sends RTCP BYE

2. In response the Client sends TEARDOWN

3. The Serevr reply with 200 ok.

is that correct?

Regards,

Amit Yedidia

Elbit System Ltd.

Email: [email-masked]

Tel: 972-4-8318905

----------------------------------------------------------

________________________________

From: Ankit Kumar Jalori [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 8:47 AM
To: Yedidia Amit
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: Abnormal termination

Dear Amit,

            In case server wants to terminate the connection it can send
RTCP BYE packet to the client

            in response to which client can terminate the connection. 

Regards,

Ankit Kumar Jalori

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 11:27 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [MMUSIC] Abnormal termination

Hi All,

If during an active  stream the server wants to terminate the
connection. How should it inform the client?

(TEARDOWN is allowed only from Client to Server.)

Regards,

Amit Yedidia

Elbit System Ltd.

Email: [email-masked]

Tel: 972-4-8318905

----------------------------------------------------------

sensitive information.  Unauthorized interception of this e-mail may
constitute 
a violation of law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby 
notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of
this 
communication is strictly prohibited. You are also asked to contact the
sender 
by reply email and immediately destroy all copies of the original
message.

________________________________

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent and is intended
solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. It may
contain privileged or confidential information and should not be
circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended.
If you have received this message in error,please notify the originator
immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified
that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or
disclosing the contents of this message. Aricent accepts no
responsibility forloss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus."

sensitive information.  Unauthorized interception of this e-mail may
constitute 
a violation of law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby 
notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of
this 
communication is strictly prohibited. You are also asked to contact the
sender 
by reply email and immediately destroy all copies of the original
message.

________________________________

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent and is intended
solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. It may
contain privileged or confidential information and should not be
circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended.
If you have received this message in error,please notify the originator
immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified
that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or
disclosing the contents of this message. Aricent accepts no
responsibility forloss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus."

sensitive information.  Unauthorized interception of this e-mail may
constitute 
a violation of law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby 
notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of
this 
communication is strictly prohibited. You are also asked to contact the
sender 
by reply email and immediately destroy all copies of the original
message.

________________________________

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent and is intended
solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. It may
contain privileged or confidential information and should not be
circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended.
If you have received this message in error,please notify the originator
immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified
that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or
disclosing the contents of this message. Aricent accepts no
responsibility forloss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus."

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic