Subject: [MMUSIC] An optional a=rtp-keepalive SDP attribute?

From: "Xavier Marjou" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 17:13:52 +0200

Hi all,

In order to solve the remaining issue of the draft
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avt-app-rtp-keepalive-03 (cf
details at http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/avt/current/msg09656.html
), we would like some feedback from the MMUSIC WG.

The issue is the following: When rtcp-rtp-mux can not be negotiated,
there is a need for an agent to send rtp-keepalive (RTP packets
containing no media) without consulting the remote agent (ie: no need
for offer/answer negotiation). Some people indicated they would like
to see this feature indicated in the SDP. We would thus like to know
whether it would be acceptable that an agent add an optional
a=rtp-keepalive SDP attribute in order to indicate that it will send
rtp-keepalive when rtcp-rtp can not be negotiated.

Cheers,
Xavier
_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic