Subject: [MMUSIC] SDP comments to draft-ietf-avtext-mixer-to-client-audio-level-04.txt

From: "Miguel A. Garcia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 11:39:58 +0200

Hi,

These are some comments to Sections 5 and 7 of 
draft-ietf-avtext-mixer-to-client-audio-level-04.txt

- In Figures 4 and 5, all the SDP examples are missing the "s=" line (it 
can have a single white space, but I think it must be there). According 
to RFC 3264:

    The SDP "s=" line conveys the subject of the session, which is
    reasonably defined for multicast, but ill defined for unicast.  For
    unicast sessions, it is RECOMMENDED that it consist of a single space
    character (0x20) or a dash (-).

- On the SDP answer in Figures 4 and 5, the port of the audio stream is 
set to "52543". Since this stream is used together with RTCP, the RTP 
stream should be set to an even port number, in order to allow the RTCP 
stream to be received in the consecutive (odd) port number. According to 
RFC 4566:

       For RTP, the default is that only the even-numbered ports are used
       for data with the corresponding one-higher odd ports used for the
       RTCP belonging to the RTP session, and the <number of ports>
       denoting the number of RTP sessions.

       If non-contiguous ports are used or if they don't follow the
       parity rule of even RTP ports and odd RTCP ports, the "a=rtcp:"
       attribute MUST be used.

/Miguel

-- 
Miguel A. Garcia
+34-91-339-3608
Ericsson Spain

---

From: Emil Ivov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 17:31:58 +0300

Hey Miguel,

> draft-ietf-avtext-mixer-to-client-audio-level-04.txt

Thanks for picking those up! They are now all fixed within in version 05.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avtext-mixer-to-client-audio-level-05

Cheers,
Emil

-- 
Emil Ivov, Ph.D.                       67000 Strasbourg,
Project Lead                           France
Jitsi
[email-masked]                        PHONE: +33.1.77.62.43.30
http://jitsi.org                       FAX:   +33.1.77.62.47.31