Subject: [MMUSIC] Issue tracker for 4566bis

From: "Ali C. Begen (abegen)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 19:49:28 +0000

Hi everyone

Revising 4566 is underway as you know and there have been some issues with 4566 and some folks want them to be fixed in 4566bis. However, due to convoluted discussions, some of these issues go unfixed. To make the process easier, it was suggested to establish an issue tracker.

I have not done this before, but found the link below:
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/mmusic/trac/report/1

Is this a good idea to use this or do you have better suggestions?

Thanks,
-acbegen

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 13:24:22 -0500

> Is this a good idea to use this or do you have better suggestions?

This is just a link to a report of active tickets.
Are you just asking if doing something analogous for 4566bis would be a 
good thing?

I think the issue tracker is fine if you, as editor, use it to track the 
issues with your document.

But I strongly suggest that you be the only one to open, update, and 
close tickets for 4566bis. Don't leave it for anybody who thinks they 
have an issue to open their own ticket, and don't use updates to the 
tickets as a way to debate an issue. I saw that done once or twice and 
it created a mess - confusing established mechanisms for discussing 
issues via email.

So IMO we should continue to *discuss* proposed changes on the mmusic 
list. Based on those discussions you can make tickets as you see fit to 
track the status of identified issues and their incorporation into the 
draft.

	Thanks,
	Paul

---

From: "Ali C. Begen (abegen)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 17:37:29 +0000

On Jan 15, 2014, at 10:24 AM, Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Are you just asking if doing something analogous for 4566bis would be a good thing?
> 
> I think the issue tracker is fine if you, as editor, use it to track the issues with your document.
> 
> But I strongly suggest that you be the only one to open, update, and close tickets for 4566bis. Don't leave it for anybody who thinks they have an issue to open their own ticket, and don't use updates to the tickets as a way to debate an issue. I saw that done once or twice and it created a mess - confusing established mechanisms for discussing issues via email.
> 
> So IMO we should continue to *discuss* proposed changes on the mmusic list. Based on those discussions you can make tickets as you see fit to track the status of identified issues and their incorporation into the draft.

Fine with me. I will try to create and track the issues in that list (so everybody can know where we are) and people should post their comments about the 4566bis in the list. But, please be clear on what the problem is and provide a solution if you can so that we can move faster.

thanks.
-acbegen

> 
> 	Thanks,
> 	Paul
> 
> _______________________________________________
> mmusic mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 17:28:21 -0500

Ali,

I'll be interested to see the set of issues you post initially.
I've raised things from time to time in the past, and you may already 
have them on your private list.

	Thanks,
	Paul