Subject: [MMUSIC] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis-39.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 02:58:27 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Real Time Streaming Protocol 2.0 (RTSP)
        Authors         : Henning Schulzrinne
                          Anup Rao
                          Rob Lanphier
                          Magnus Westerlund
                          Martin Stiemerling
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis-39.txt
	Pages           : 309
	Date            : 2014-01-17

Abstract:
   This memorandum defines RTSP version 2.0 which obsoletes RTSP version
   1.0 defined in RFC 2326.

   The Real Time Streaming Protocol, or RTSP, is an application-layer
   protocol for setup and control of the delivery of data with real-time
   properties.  RTSP provides an extensible framework to enable
   controlled, on-demand delivery of real-time data, such as audio and
   video.  Sources of data can include both live data feeds and stored
   clips.  This protocol is intended to control multiple data delivery
   sessions, provide a means for choosing delivery channels such as UDP,
   multicast UDP and TCP, and provide a means for choosing delivery
   mechanisms based upon RTP (RFC 3550).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis-39

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis-39

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 12:03:24 +0100

WG,

Martin and I have now worked through the discusses and comments received
in IESG review. Thus this is our suggestion on how to resolve them. I
encourage you to review the changes while the ADs reviews the discuss
positions. If you find issues we need to hear comments ASAP.

The main changes are:

- rewritten structure for a large number of IANA entries

- Additional text regarding security and sensitivity of control vs media.

- ABNF chagnes regarding UTF-8

- Rewritten NPT text and ABNF.

- Updated examples for Date to follow the time format actually specified.

Cheers

Magnus

On 2014-01-17 11:58, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> mmusic mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic
> 
> 

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Services, Media and Network features, Ericsson Research EAB/TXM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                 | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------