Subject: [MMUSIC] BUNDLE: Q12: Scope of non-RTP media de-mux procedures in BUNDLE - Suggested text

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 13:18:29 +0000

Hi,

Based on the discussion/agreement in London, I've drafted the 
following text regarding protocol identification.

Regards,

Christer

-------------------------------

Y. Protocol Identification

Y.1. General

If m- lines within a BUNDLE group describe usage of different protocols, 
there MUST exist a specification describing a mechanism, for this specific 
combination of protocols, how to associate received packets with the 
correct protocol. In addition, if received packets for a given protocol 
can be associated with more than one m- line, there MUST exist a 
specification describing a mechanism for associating the received packet 
with the correct m- line.

Y.2. STUN, DTLS and SRTP

Section X.X.X of RFC 5764 describes a mechanism for identifying the 
protocol among the STUN, DTLS and SRTP protocols (in any combination). 
An entity that includes m- lines describing these protocol within in a 
BUNDLE group MUST support the mechanism described in RFC 5764 
for identifying the protocols, and no explicit negotiation is required 
in order to indicate support and usage of the mechanism. 

RFC 5764 does not describe how to identity different protocols 
transported on DTLS, only how to identify the DTLS protocol itself. If 
multiple protocols are transported on DTLS, there MUST exist a 
specification describing a mechanism for identifying each individual 
protocol.  In addition, if received DTLS packets can be associated 
with more than one m- line, there MUST exist a specification describing
a mechanism for associating the received DTLS packet with the correct 
m- line.

Section X describes how to associate received (S)RTP packets with the 
correct m- line.