Subject: [MMUSIC] DSCP and multiplexing in draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-mux-attributes-01

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 11:22:10 +0000

Hi,

This is in regards to Section 14. "Multiplexing Media Streams and DSCP
Markings" as brought up in todays MMUSIC meeting.

My opinion is that this section shouldn't contain normative text if
something is allowed or not. It should bring up that having different
DSCP for packets being transmitted over the same 5-tuple, i.e. what is
being in the same bundle, has issues per the DART document. Thus keeping
this to a high level issue notice.

I don't see the need for this document to discuss DSCP usages associated
with a single "media flow", i.e. a single RTP packet stream, or even a
combination of RTP packet streams that make up a WebRTC MediaStreamTrack
or a SCTP association, or TCP flow. They are up to the individual protocol.

Have I missed some implication here?

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Services, Media and Network features, Ericsson Research EAB/TXM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                 | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------