Subject: [MMUSIC] [mmusic] #14 (rfc4566bis): 4566bis: Need to provide ABNF syntax for all 4566 attributes

From: "mmusic issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 12:45:52 -0000

#14: 4566bis: Need to provide ABNF syntax for all 4566 attributes

 Comments: This was discussed again in a side meeting in London and there
 was not a consensus whether we actually needed this.

 Paul K: IIRC the argument against doing this is that we might get it
 wrong. But IMO we should do it because if we can't get it right how can we
 expect readers to get it right?

 Paul K: I'm willing to contribute to this, but won't have time until after
 the Toronto meeting. Also, I'm not intimately familiar with all of the
 attributes. I think I could probably produce a credible proposal for an
 ABNF description all of the attributes currently defined within 4566. This
 would then need to be carefully reviewed.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Reporter:                |      Owner:  draft-ietf-mmusic-
  [email-masked]       |  [email-masked]
    Type:  enhancement   |     Status:  new
Priority:  major         |  Component:  rfc4566bis
 Version:                |   Severity:  Active WG Document
Keywords:                |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/mmusic/trac/ticket/14>
mmusic <http://tools.ietf.org/mmusic/>

---

From: "mmusic issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 12:59:46 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * owner:  [email-masked] => [email-masked]

-- 
-------------------------------+--------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  enhancement       |     Status:  new
  Priority:  major             |  Component:  rfc4566bis
   Version:                    |   Severity:  Active WG Document
Resolution:                    |   Keywords:
-------------------------------+--------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/mmusic/trac/ticket/14#comment:1>
mmusic <http://tools.ietf.org/mmusic/>

---

From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 17:28:18 -0400

I'm in favor of having an ABNF as well. We routinely require it for any 
new extensions to avoid ambiguity.

-- Flemming