Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ivov-mmusic-trickle-ice-sip-02.txt

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 23:01:48 +0200

2014-06-17 23:57 GMT+02:00 Emil Ivov <[email-masked]>:
> Trickle ICE for SIP:
> [0] html: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ivov-mmusic-trickle-ice-sip-02
> [1] diff:
> http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ivov-mmusic-trickle-ice-sip-02

Hi,

Great work, I strongly support it!

Just some minor comments:

- Please clarify that receiving a non-100 provisional response is not
enough for starting INFO requests. The 1XX response MUST contain a
Contact header (unfortunately some ugly SIP devices do not add Contact
nor Record-Route in provisional responses).

- 5.2. Trickle ICE discovery with GRUU

>   Such targeted trickling may happen in different ways.  One option
>   would be for a SIP UA to learn the GRUU instance ID of a peer through
>   presence and to then query its capabilities direction with an OPTIONS
>   request.  Alternately, it can also just send an OPTIONS request to
>   the AOR it intends to contact and then inspect the returned
>   response(s) for support of both GRUU and trickle ICE (Figure 7).

"Alternately, it can also just send an OPTIONS request to the AOR"

The usage of OPTIONS for that is a bad idea since an OPTIONS to a
non-GRUU AOR will receive a single response in case of forking (and
may be Bob-1 supports trickle-ice but Bob-2 does not, and the next
INVITE is answered by Bob-2...).

Apart from that, I consider the spec excellent, and it is good to see
a nice usage for INFO :)

Great! hope there is agreement on this work and we get some point to
start deploying ICE-trickle capable SIP stuff.

-- 
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<[email-masked]>