Subject: [MMUSIC] [mmusic] #18 (rfc4566bis): 4566bis: Should the source-level attributes defined in 5576 be included in the same table structure in the IANA registry?

From: "mmusic issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 12:52:04 -0000

#18: 4566bis: Should the source-level attributes defined in 5576 be included in
the same table structure in the IANA registry?

 Comments: This seems to be an organizational issue rather than a technical
 issue. If we agree we need this, we can take on this as well.

 Paul K.: Yes, but IMO an important one. The current registries are hard to
 read, and easy to get wrong when adding new attributes. Also, we ought to
 have templates for what goes into the IANA consideration section when
 defining new attributes, and that template would be best in this document.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Reporter:                |      Owner:  draft-ietf-mmusic-
  [email-masked]       |  [email-masked]
    Type:  enhancement   |     Status:  new
Priority:  major         |  Component:  rfc4566bis
 Version:                |   Severity:  Active WG Document
Keywords:                |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/mmusic/trac/ticket/18>
mmusic <http://tools.ietf.org/mmusic/>

---

From: "mmusic issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 13:00:18 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * owner:  [email-masked] => [email-masked]

-- 
-------------------------------+--------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  enhancement       |     Status:  new
  Priority:  major             |  Component:  rfc4566bis
   Version:                    |   Severity:  Active WG Document
Resolution:                    |   Keywords:
-------------------------------+--------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/mmusic/trac/ticket/18#comment:1>
mmusic <http://tools.ietf.org/mmusic/>

---

From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 17:32:03 -0400

I agree with the template part per Paul's comment. I'm less clear on 
what is meant by the 5576 reference. Is it because of bundle and future 
extensions needing to consider the impact of that ?

Thanks

-- Flemming

---

From: "Ali C. Begen (abegen)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 21:45:42 +0000

Currently the IANA registry has attributes listed as media, session or media and session level. 5576 stuff refers to "source level" attributes and I guess Paul is asking to have that explicitly follow the same table structure on the registry page. Right now, semantics from 5576 are not listed as "source level".

Paul can correct me I got it wrong.

On Jul 19, 2014, at 12:32 AM, Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I agree with the template part per Paul's comment. I'm less clear on what is meant by the 5576 reference. Is it because of bundle and future extensions needing to consider the impact of that ?
> 
> Thanks
> 
> -- Flemming
>

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 18:17:18 -0400

I think a single table containing all the attributes.
Three columns (check boxes) indicating if the attribute is valid at 
session, media, and/or source level.

(Or a single column that with some notation that can describe any 
combination.)

	Thanks,
	Paul