Subject: [MMUSIC] MMUSIC Virtual Interim: Agenda and Logistics

From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 17:15:22 -0400

Greetings

As announced previously, the MMUSIC WG will be having a virtual interim 
meeting on Tuesday, October 13, from 11:00 am to 13:00 EDT. We have two 
main input documents that we will be focusing on:

     draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast-02.txt 
(https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast-02.txt)
     draft-pthatcher-mmusic-rid-00.txt 
(https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-pthatcher-mmusic-rid-00.txt)

The proposed (rough) agenda is:

1. (10 min) Refresher on simulcast -01 design using PT to identify 
encodings.
2. (10 min) Potential problem of PT exhaustion in complex simulcast 
scenarios. Agree it is a real problem that must be solved.
3. (20 min) Propose new identifier (RID) to identify encodings (in 
combination with PT).
4. (40 min) Review key design points of RID attribute and header extension.
- Identifier value: integer or UTF-8?
- PT binding: allow wildcard?
- Common codec parameters (as further constraints on PT): max-width, 
max-height, max-fs, max-fps, max-pps, max-bps.
- Dependencies for scalable layers.
- Directionality: uni only or allow bi?
- RID as SDES item or not
5. (40 min) Review simulcast -02 design using RID.
- Mandatory or optional to implement?
- Mandatory or optional to use in offers/answers?
- Directionality: explicit or implicit?
- Negotiation of PT or RID identification for simulcast

In terms of goals for the meeting, we are ideally looking for agreement 
on the points listed above, however in the absence of that, we would at 
least want to get the discussion going and understand what the open 
issues are so we can work on resolving those and get a solution documented.

The meeting will be conducted via WebEx - if you have not used WebEx 
recently, you should plan on joining a few minutes early:

*MMUSIC Virtual Interim - Simulcast*
Tuesday, October 13, 2015
11:00 am  |  Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)  |  2 hrs

*Join WebEx meeting* 
<https://ciscosales.webex.com/ciscosales/j.php?MTID=m68e82e76ac9dc472669f22b320bb81aa> 

Meeting number: 	209 853 141
Meeting password: 	mmusic

*Join by phone*
*+1-408-525-6800* Call-in toll number (US/Canada)
*+1-866-432-9903* Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada)
Access code: 209 853 141
Numeric meeting password: 97578225
Global call-in numbers 
<https://ciscosales.webex.com/ciscosales/globalcallin.php?serviceType=MC&ED=328718837&tollFree=1>  | 
Toll-free calling restrictions 
<http://www.webex.com/pdf/tollfree_restrictions.pdf>

Add this meeting 
<https://ciscosales.webex.com/ciscosales/j.php?MTID=mf41863a53dc271d2f8fdbdca55c87abc> 
to your calendar.

Can't join the meeting? Contact support. 
<https://ciscosales.webex.com/ciscosales/mc>

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that this WebEx service allows audio and 
other information sent during the session to be recorded, which may be 
discoverable in a legal matter. You should inform all meeting attendees 
prior to recording if you intend to record the meeting.

Thanks

     Ari & Flemming (as MMUSIC chairs)