Subject: [MMUSIC] RFC 7850 on Registering Values of the SDP 'proto' Field for Transporting RTP Media over TCP under Various RTP Profiles

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 19:47:38 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7850

        Title:      Registering Values of the SDP 
                    'proto' Field for Transporting RTP Media 
                    over TCP under Various RTP Profiles 
        Author:     S. Nandakumar
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 15190
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mmusic-proto-iana-registration-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7850

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7850

The Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) specification establishes a
registry of profile names for use by higher-level control protocols,
such as the Session Description Protocol (SDP), to refer to the
transport methods.  This specification describes the following new
SDP transport protocol identifiers for transporting RTP Media over
TCP: 'TCP/RTP/AVPF', 'TCP/RTP/SAVP', 'TCP/RTP/SAVPF',
'TCP/DTLS/RTP/SAVP', 'TCP/DTLS/RTP/SAVPF', 'TCP/TLS/RTP/AVP', and
'TCP/TLS/RTP/AVPF'.

This document is a product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC