Subject: [MMUSIC] BUNDLE: Text on inclusion of IDENTICAL/TRANSPORT mux category SDP attributes in one m- line only

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 11:09:30 +0000

Hi BUNDLE lovers,

Based on the agreement that the include-SDP-attributes-in-one-m-line-only applies to ALL IDENTICAL/TRANSPORT mux category SDP attributes (not only ICE related), I have modified the generic SDP O/A section of BUNDLE.

Regards,

Christer

------------------------------

8.  SDP Offer/Answer Procedures

8.1.  General

   This section describes the SDP Offer/Answer [RFC3264] procedures for:

   o  Negotiating and creating of a BUNDLE group; and

   o  Selecting the BUNDLE addresses (offerer BUNDLE address and
      answerer BUNDLE address); and

   o  Adding an "m=" line to a BUNDLE group; and

   o  Moving an "m=" line out of a BUNDLE group; and

  o  Disabling an "m=" line within a BUNDLE group.

   The generic rules and procedures defined in [RFC3264] and [RFC5888]
   also apply to the BUNDLE extension.  For example, if an offer is
   rejected by the answerer, the previously negotiated SDP parameters
   and characteristics (including those associated with a BUNDLE group)
   apply.  Hence, if an offerer generates an offer in which the offerer
   wants to create a BUNDLE group, and the answerer rejects the offer,
   the BUNDLE group is not created.

   The procedures in this section are independent of the media type or
   "m=" line proto value represented by a bundled "m=" line.  Section 10
   defines additional considerations for RTP based media.  Section 6
   defines additional considerations for the usage of the SDP 'bundle-
   only' attribute.  Section 11 defines additional considerations for
   the usage of Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE)
   [I-D.ietf-ice-rfc5245bis] mechanism .

   When an offerer associates a shared address with a bundled "m=" line,
   the offerer shall associate IDENTICAL and TRANSPORT mux category SDP
   attributes [I-D.ietf-mmusic-sdp-mux-attributes] with the "m=" line
   only if the "m=" line is associated with the offerer BUNDLE-tag.
   Otherwise the offerer MUST NOT associate such SDP attributes with the
   "m=" line.

   When an answerer associates a shared address with a bundled "m="
   line, the answerer shall associate IDENTICAL and TRANSPORT category
   SDP attributes with the "m=" line only if the "m=" line is associated
   with the answerer BUNDLE-tag.  Otherwise the answerer MUST NOT
   associate such SDP attributes with the "m=" line.

   NOTE: As bundled "m=" lines associated with a shared address will
   share the same IDENTICAL and TRANSPORT mux category SDP attributes,
   and attribute values, there is no need to associate such SDP
   attributes with each "m=" line.

   SDP offers and answers can contain multiple BUNDLE groups.  The
   procedures in this section apply independently to a given BUNDLE
   group.