Subject: [MMUSIC] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mmusic-msid-13.txt> (WebRTC MediaStream Identification in the Session Description Protocol) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 11:59:56 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiparty Multimedia Session
Control WG (mmusic) to consider the following document:
- 'WebRTC MediaStream Identification in the Session Description Protocol'
  <draft-ietf-mmusic-msid-13.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-05-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies a Session Description Protocol (SDP) Grouping
   mechanism for RTP media streams that can be used to specify relations
   between media streams.

   This mechanism is used to signal the association between the SDP
   concept of "media description" and the WebRTC concept of
   "MediaStream" / "MediaStreamTrack" using SDP signaling.

   This document is a work item of the MMUSIC WG, whose discussion list
   is [email-masked].

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-msid/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-msid/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.