Subject: [MMUSIC] AD Evaluation of draft-ietf-mmusic-msid-13

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 11:23:18 -0400

Hi,

This is my AD evaluation of draft-ietf-mmusic-msid-13. None of my 
comments need block the IETF last call; we can resolve things in 
parallel. I will start the last call shortly.

Thanks!

Ben.

----------

- General: There are a number of terms that are used without (or before) 
definition. A terminology section might be helpful. (Most of these 
should be known to a student of the art, but I think some definitions 
would make this more accessible to those new to the subject.) Examples: 
Binding, group, the various WebRTC API objects...

- 1.2, 2nd paragraph:

"SDP gives a description based on media descriptions."

That's sort of a circular definition. A one sentence definition of 
"media description" would be helpful.

s/mulitple/multiple

- 1.3, first paragraph: "This complication is ignored below."

Ignored by the draft in general? Or just the section below?

- 2, last paragraph
"mux category" needs a citation. (There is a reference, which is cited 
in 4.1, but a citation on first mention would be helpful.

- 3, 2nd paragraph:
Is the "Javascript API" mentioned here the same as the WebRTC API 
mentioned previously? If so, consistent naming would be helpful.

-- 3rd and 4th paragraphs:
The antecedent for "its" is ambiguous (occurs twice)

-- 5th paragraph: "specific "msid-id"
Should that be specific "msid-id" value?

-- 2nd bullet in list: "When a session description is updated to have 
media descriptions
       with an msid "identifier" value, with one or more different
       "appdata" values,"

Does that mean with the _same_ identifier value?