Subject: [MMUSIC] [Errata Rejected] RFC4566 (4769)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2016 16:44:27 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been rejected for RFC4566,
"SDP: Session Description Protocol".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=4566&eid=4769

--------------------------------------
Status: Rejected
Type: Technical

Reported by: Petr Van?k <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2016-08-08
Rejected by: Ben Campbell (IESG)

Section: 5.3.

Original Text
-------------
5.3.  Session Name ("s=")

      s=<session name>

   The "s=" field is the textual session name.  There MUST be one and
   only one "s=" field per session description.  The "s=" field MUST NOT
   be empty and SHOULD contain ISO 10646 characters (but see also the
   "a=charset" attribute).  If a session has no meaningful name, the
   value "s= " SHOULD be used (i.e., a single space as the session
   name).

Corrected Text
--------------
5.3.  Session Name ("s=")

      s=<session name>

   The "s=" field is the textual session name.  There MUST be one and
   only one "s=" field per session description.  The "s=" field MUST NOT
   be empty and SHOULD contain ISO 10646 characters (but see also the
   "a=charset" attribute).  If a session has no meaningful name, the
   value "s=-" SHOULD be used (i.e., a single dash as the session
   name).

Notes
-----
In 3rd paragraph of section 5. is written: whitespace MUST NOT be used on either side of the "=" sign, which is incosistent with subsection 5.3. Therefore I suggest to use "-" (single dash) instead of " " (single space) for sessions without meaningful name.
 --VERIFIER NOTES-- 
 The mmusic working group is in the process of updating RFC 4566. If the issue applies to the updated text ( https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4566bis/ ), please send comments to [email-masked] rather than file errata reports against RFC 4566.

--------------------------------------
RFC4566 (draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-new-26)
--------------------------------------
Title               : SDP: Session Description Protocol
Publication Date    : July 2006
Author(s)           : M. Handley, V. Jacobson, C. Perkins
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Multiparty Multimedia Session Control RAI
Area                : Real-time Applications and Infrastructure
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG