Subject: [MMUSIC] Alexey Melnikov's No Objection on draft-ietf-mmusic-mux-exclusive-09: (with COMMENT)

From: "Alexey Melnikov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2016 05:43:01 -0700

Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-mmusic-mux-exclusive-09: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-mux-exclusive/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

In Section 3:

   The mux category [I-D.ietf-mmusic-sdp-mux-attributes] for the 'rtcp-
   mux-only' attribute is 'IDENTICAL', which means that the attribute,
   if used within a BUNDLE group
   [I-D.ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation], must be associated with all
   multiplexed RTP-based media descriptions within the BUNDLE group.

This sounds pretty normative, so I think the following 2 references
should be Normative:

   [I-D.ietf-mmusic-sdp-mux-attributes]
              Nandakumar, S., "A Framework for SDP Attributes when
              Multiplexing", draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-mux-attributes-12
              (work in progress), January 2016.

   [I-D.ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation]
              Holmberg, C., Alvestrand, H., and C. Jennings,
              "Negotiating Media Multiplexing Using the Session
              Description Protocol (SDP)", draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-
              negotiation-31 (work in progress), June 2016.

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 16:04:32 +0000

Hi Alexey,

I can make the references normative. Note, however, that an endpoint supporting the draft is NOT required to support the 2 referenced documents.

Regards,

Christer

Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________
From: Alexey Melnikov<mailto:[email-masked]>
Sent: ‎03/‎08/‎2016 15:43
To: The IESG<mailto:[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>; Flemming Andreasen<mailto:[email-masked]>; [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>; [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>; [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Subject: Alexey Melnikov's No Objection on draft-ietf-mmusic-mux-exclusive-09: (with COMMENT)

In Section 3:

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2016 18:25:48 +0100

Hi Christer,

On Wed, Aug 3, 2016, at 05:04 PM, Christer Holmberg wrote:
> Hi Alexey,
>
>  I can make the references normative. Note, however, that an endpoint
>  supporting the draft is NOT required to support the 2 referenced
>  documents.

Whether they are required or not doesn't actually matter, as there are
interactions between them.

So if you would, I think it will be the right thing.
> *From: *Alexey Melnikov[1]
> *Sent: *‎03/‎08/‎2016 15:43
> *To: *The IESG[2]
> *Cc: [email-masked]; Flemming Andreasen[3];
> [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> *Subject: *Alexey Melnikov's No Objection on draft-ietf-mmusic-mux-exclusive-
> 09: (with COMMENT)
>
>
> Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for draft-ietf-mmusic-mux-exclusive-
> 09: No Objection
>
>  email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut
>  this introductory paragraph, however.)
>
>
>  Please refer to
>  https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html for more
>  information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.
>
>
>  if used within a BUNDLE group [I-D.ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-
>  negotiation], must be associated with all multiplexed RTP-based media
>  descriptions within the BUNDLE group.
>
>  [I-D.ietf-mmusic-sdp-mux-attributes] Nandakumar, S., "A Framework for
>  SDP Attributes when Multiplexing", draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-mux-attributes-
>  12 (work in progress), January 2016.
>
>  [I-D.ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation] Holmberg, C., Alvestrand,
>  H., and C. Jennings, "Negotiating Media Multiplexing Using the
>  Session Description Protocol (SDP)", draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-

Links:

  1. mailto:[email-masked]
  2. mailto:[email-masked]
  3. mailto:[email-masked]

---

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2016 12:31:12 -0500

> interactions between them.

Hi Alexey:

I'm not disagreeing--in fact it's very likely that I agree with you. But 
I'm not sure what you mean be "interactions between then", can you 
clarify?

Thanks!

Ben.