Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] Draft new version: BUNDLE-35 - Colin's comments

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 07:20:37 +0000

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your comments! See inline.

>>On 25 Oct 2016, at 11:24, Christer Holmberg
>><[email-masked]> wrote:
>> 
>> I¹ve submitted a new version (-35) of BUNDLE.
>> 
>> The text now talks about ³associating RTP streams with m- lines²
>>(instead of associating RTP packets).
>
>I think this new text is good, and addresses most of my concerns. I just
>have a few details outstanding:
>
>- Section 9.1, last paragraph: I suggest changing ³associate a received
>(S)RTP packet with² to ³associate the packets in a received SRTP stream
>with².

I¹ll fix as suggested.

I¹ll also change Section 1, which still talks about associating RTP
packets with m- lines.

>- Section 10.1, 1st paragraph: The second sentence (³Disjoint BUNDLE
>groups will form multiple RTP sessions, one per BUNDLE group²) is
>probably true, but depends on the RTP topology, since a middlebox could
>bridge the different BUNDLE groups together into a single RTP session. I
>suggest deleting this sentence.

I¹ll remove it.

> 
>
>- Section 10.2, 1st paragraph: At the end of the first sentence, you
>might cite RFC7656 for the definition of the term RTP Stream.

I¹ll add a reference.

>- Section 10.2, 7th paragraph: This seems correct, but I found the
>phrasing unclear. Something like the following might be clearer:
>
>   The mapping from an SSRC to an identification-tag is carried in RTCP
>   SDES packets or in RTP header extensions, as described in Section 14.
>   Since a compound RTCP packet can contain multiple RTCP SDES packets,
>   and each RTCP SDES packet can contain multiple chunks, an RTCP packet
>   can contain several SSRC to identification-tag mappings. The offerer
>   and answerer maintain tables mapping RTP streams identified by SSRC,
>   to ³m=³ lines identified by the identification-tag. These tables are
>   updated each time an RTP/RTCP packet containing one or more mappings
>   from SSRC to identification-tag is received. Note that the mapping
>   from SSRC to identification-tag can change at any time during an RTP
>   session.

I¹ll change as suggested.

>- Section 10.2, 8th paragraph: The last sentence might be clearer written
>³Note that RTCP packets can report on multiple RTP streams².

I¹ll change as suggested.

> Also, the XML formatting is messed up in the middle of the paragraph.

It looks ok in my editor :)

OTOH, I have changed editor recently, so there are lots of instances where
the XML does look a little messy.

>
>- Section 14, 3rd paragraph: Suggest changing ³Što associate received
>RTCP- and RTP packets withŠ³ to ³Što associated each RTP stream withŠ².

I¹ll change as suggested.

Pull request can be found at:

https://github.com/cdh4u/draft-sdp-bundle/pull/14

Regards,

Christer

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 16:39:27 +0100

Hi,

> On 26 Oct 2016, at 08:20, Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi Colin,
> 
>>> Iąve submitted a new version (-35) of BUNDLE.
>>> 
>>> The text now talks about łassociating RTP streams with m- lines˛
>> - Section 9.1, last paragraph: I suggest changing łassociate a received
>> (S)RTP packet with˛ to łassociate the packets in a received SRTP stream
>> with˛.
> 
> Iąll fix as suggested.
> 
> Iąll also change Section 1, which still talks about associating RTP
> packets with m- lines.
> 
> 
>> - Section 10.1, 1st paragraph: The second sentence (łDisjoint BUNDLE
>> groups will form multiple RTP sessions, one per BUNDLE group˛) is
> Iąll remove it.
> Iąll add a reference.
>>  to łm=ł lines identified by the identification-tag. These tables are
> Iąll change as suggested.
> 
> 
>> łNote that RTCP packets can report on multiple RTP streams˛.
> 
> Iąll change as suggested.
> 

I meant that the XML codes are appearing in the text version of the draft.

>> - Section 14, 3rd paragraph: Suggest changing łŠto associate received
>> RTCP- and RTP packets withŠł to łŠto associated each RTP stream withŠ˛.
> 
> Iąll change as suggested.
> 

Thanks.

-- 
Colin Perkins
https://csperkins.org/

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 17:13:23 +0000

Hi,

>> OTOH, I have changed editor recently, so there are lots of instances 
>> where the XML does look a little messy.
>

Aaah, I can that. I will fix it.

Regards,

Christer