Subject: [MMUSIC] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation-47.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 09:00:52 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Negotiating Media Multiplexing Using the Session Description Protocol (SDP)
        Authors         : Christer Holmberg
                          Harald Tveit Alvestrand
                          Cullen Jennings
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation-47.txt
	Pages           : 67
	Date            : 2017-12-18

Abstract:
   This specification defines a new Session Description Protocol (SDP)
   Grouping Framework extension, 'BUNDLE'.  The extension can be used
   with the SDP Offer/Answer mechanism to negotiate the usage of a
   single transport (5-tuple) for sending and receiving media described
   by multiple SDP media descriptions ("m=" sections).  Such transport
   is referred to as a BUNDLE transport, and the media is referred to as
   bundled media.  The "m=" sections that use the BUNDLE transport form
   a BUNDLE group.

   To assist endpoints in negotiating the use of bundle this
   specification defines a new SDP attribute, 'bundle-only', which can
   be used to request that specific media is only used if bundled.  The
   specification also updates RFC 3264, to allow assigning a zero port
   value to a "m=" section without meaning that the media described by
   the "m=" section is disabled or rejected.

   When Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP)-based media is used, there
   are multiple ways to correlate bundled RTP packets with the
   appropriate "m=" section.  This specification defines a new RTP
   Control Protocol (RTCP) source description (SDES) item and a new RTP
   header extension that provides an additional way to do this
   correlation by using them to carry a value that associates the RTP/
   RTCP packets with a specific "m=" section.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation-47
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation-47

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation-47

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/