Subject: [MMUSIC] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 06:03:09 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Using Simulcast in SDP and RTP Sessions
        Authors         : Bo Burman
                          Magnus Westerlund
                          Suhas Nandakumar
                          Mo Zanaty
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast-11.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2017-12-20

Abstract:
   In some application scenarios it may be desirable to send multiple
   differently encoded versions of the same media source in different
   RTP streams.  This is called simulcast.  This document describes how
   to accomplish simulcast in RTP and how to signal it in SDP.  The
   described solution uses an RTP/RTCP identification method to identify
   RTP streams belonging to the same media source, and makes an
   extension to SDP to relate those RTP streams as being different
   simulcast formats of that media source.  The SDP extension consists
   of a new media level SDP attribute that expresses capability to send
   and/or receive simulcast RTP streams.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast-11
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Bo Burman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 15:07:45 +0000

The changes in this version are based on discussions and conclusions at IETF 100 in Singapore (https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/100/materials/minutes-100-mmusic/):

   o  Added new SDP example section on Simulcast and Redundancy,
      including both RED (RFC2198), RTP RTX (RFC4588), and FEC (draft-
      ietf-payload-flexible-fec-scheme).

   o  Removed restriction that "related" payload formats in an RTP
      stream (such as CN and DTMF) must not have their own rid-id, since
      there is no reason to forbid this and corresponding clarification
      is made in draft-ietf-mmusic-rid.

   o  Removed any mention of source-specific signaling and the reference
      to RFC5576, since draft-ietf-mmusic-rid is not defined for source-
      specific signaling.

   o  Changed some SDP examples to use a=rid restrictions instead of
      a=imageattr.

   o  Changed reference from the obsoleted RFC 5285 to RFC 8285.

Note that there is also an ongoing discussion among the authors to change draft-ietf-mmusic-rid accordingly.

Cheers,
/Bo
(as individual)

> -----Original Message-----
> From: I-D-Announce [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: den 20 december 2017 15:03
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast-11.txt
> 
> 
> Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are
> available at tools.ietf.org.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt