Subject: (mobile-ip) I-D: IP Private Address Identification (PAID)

From: Yunzhou Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 15:25:15 -0500

Hi,

A new draft is available the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
Though it doesn't seem to have to do with Mobile IP, the draft
takes an approach as in the Mobile IP.

	Title		: IP Private Address Identification (PAID)
	Author(s)	: Y. Li and W.T. Teo
	Filename	: draft-yliteo-mobileip-paid-00.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 18-Jan-98

   This memo proposes a scheme to conserve the IPv4 address space by
   allowing to allocate private instead of public IP addresses for its
   internet hosts. These internet hosts can achieve complete internet
   connectivity between any domains with each private host globally
   identified as a <public, private> address pair. To enable private
   hosts to communicate using these address pairs efficiently, we
   propose a PAID Encapsulation protocol. To acquire a <public, private>
   address pair, we specify a variant registration method derived from
   Mobile IP, using a PAID Registration Request and PAID Registration
   Reply. This approach requires modifications to network sockets and
   enhancements to the domain name system.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-yliteo-mobileip-paid-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-yliteo-mobileip-paid-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

        Africa: ftp.is.co.za
        
        Europe: ftp.nordu.net
                ftp.nis.garr.it
                        
        Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
        
        US East Coast: ds.internic.net
        
        US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:      [email-masked].  In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-yliteo-mobileip-paid-00.txt".
        
With regards.

Yunzhou Li
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF Mobile IP Working Group Mailing List - Archives:  software.watson.ibm.com
Unsubscribe:	unsubscribe mobile-ip		(as message body, not subject)
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]