Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mobileip-regkey-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 11:12:42 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Routing for Wireless/Mobile Hosts Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Registration Keys for Route Optimization
	Author(s)	: C. Perkins, D. Johnson
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mobileip-regkey-00.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 02-Dec-97
	
   Route optimization [6] defines extensions to Mobile IP [7]
   registration requests that allow datagrams in flight when a mobile
   node moves, and datagrams sent based on an out-of-date cached
   binding, to be forwarded directly to the mobile node's new binding.
   These extensions for smooth handoff require a registration key to be
   established between the mobile node and foreign agent.  This document
   defines additional extensions to the registration requests to allow
   for the establishment of single-use registration keys between a
   mobile node and foreign agent.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mobileip-regkey-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-regkey-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-regkey-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.