Subject: (mobile-ip) Which drafts/RFCs concern MobileIPv6?

From: "Florian Heissenhuber" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 16:00:36 +0000

Hello!

I just work ont MobileIP for a short time so excuse my naive 
question. 

Which of these drafts/RFCs concerning MobileIP are valid only for 
MobileIPv6 and which are definitly not? I´m a little bit confused 
because I´m not sure which drafts are important for MobileIPv6. 

Thank you for your help.

Florian Heissenhuber

IABG mbH, Abt. CC31
Einsteinstr. 20
85521 Ottobrunn
Tel.  (089)6088-3904
Fax   (089)6088-2845
e-Mail: [email-masked]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF Mobile IP Working Group Mailing List - Archives:  software.watson.ibm.com
Unsubscribe:	unsubscribe mobile-ip		(as message body, not subject)
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]

---

From: Dave Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 1998 15:21:05 -0400

>Hello!
>
>I just work ont MobileIP for a short time so excuse my naive=20
>question.=20
>
>Which of these drafts/RFCs concerning MobileIP are valid only for=20
>MobileIPv6 and which are definitly not? I=B4m a little bit confused=20
>because I=B4m not sure which drafts are important for MobileIPv6.=20
>
>Thank you for your help.
>
>Florian Heissenhuber

The current specification for Mobile IPv6 is the Internet-Draft
draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-05.txt.  This, plus the base specs for
IPng and IPsec, are all that are needed for Mobile IPv6.  All the
other Mobile IP drafts and RFCs define Mobile IPv4.

					Dave