Subject: (mobile-ip) Mobile IP implementations

From: Brem Christian <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 12:48:49 +0200

Hi,

are there any implementations of forward agents/home agents and clients
available?

I would like to setup a small demonstration - preferably using linux.

Thanks for help in advance!

bye, Christian
---
Christian Brem 
Telecommunication
AUSTRIAN RESEARCH CENTERS
A-2444 Seibersdorf/Austria/Europe
voice: ++43-2254-780-2925           
fax:    ++43-2254-780-2831  
E-Mail: [email-masked] 
WWW: http://www.arcs.ac.at 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF Mobile IP Working Group Mailing List - Archives:  software.watson.ibm.com
Unsubscribe:	unsubscribe mobile-ip		(as message body, not subject)
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]

---

From: Foo Chun Choong <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 16:06:40 +0800 (SGT)

We here at the National University of Singapore have a public implementation of
MIP for Linux (2.0.24 and 2.0.30 kernel).

Features:
-User-space & Kernel-space implementation for MIPv4 with Route
 Optimization support.
-Kernel-space implementation for MIPv6.
-MIP-PPP IPCP configuration option available.
-Multicast (bi-tunnel) support. (U need to e-mail me if you want to have
 this patch)

On the works (keep your fingers crossed ;-) :
-Our own fast handoff & hierarchical MIP scheme. 
-Further research on multicast support issues.
-Networked mobile multimedia support (using RSVP & Int Serv).

Do check all this out at our web page: http://mip.ee.nus.sg/
(Requires a browser that supports frames)

Regards,
Chun Choong

---

From: Xinhua Zhao <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 13:42:27 -0600

Stanford University has a MIP implementation under Linux, which is at:
	http://mosquitonet.Stanford.EDU/software/mip.html

A unique feature of this implementation is that when a mobile host uses
a co-located care-of address, the mobile host can act as both a normal
host (i.e. using regular IP) and a mobile host, as well as use both 
triangular routing and bi-directional tunneling all at the same time
for different flows of traffic, through the use of a Mobile Policy Table
within the kernel.

Hope it helps,

Xinhua