Subject: (mobile-ip) IP forwarding for Mobile Networks..

From: Matthew Impett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 14:02:46 -0400 (EDT)

This may be a little off the topic of this mailing list but it was the
closest group I could find...

	Anyway, I am working on mobile a small forwarding engine for
mobile ad-hoc networks which is going to ride between the IP layer and the
transport layer.  My little engine is going to take out-going packets from
IP and do the forwarding that IP used to do.  The reason for this is that
we want to be able to put packets out any subset of the interfaces,
possibly even all, and we would also like to be able to forward the
packets based on packet type instead of just IP address....
	Now, I have a serious problem of trying to find a good data
structure to use for my engine.  Recently I have been looking at the radix
tree which IP uses and thinking of extending that to possibly
include linked lists at the leaf nodes.  These lists would allow for
multiple packet types to be routed to different devices even if they had
the same IP address.  My only problem is that my routing table could be
changing fairly quickly so I am not sure that a radix tree would be the
best idea....
	I don't know if anyone has dealt with a similar problem but if so,
or if you have any suggestions please feel free to help....

thanks a lot,
	Matthew Impett
	[email-masked]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF Mobile IP Working Group Mailing List - Archives:  software.watson.ibm.com
Unsubscribe:	unsubscribe mobile-ip		(as message body, not subject)
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]