Subject: (mobile-ip) Some questions about IPv4

From: Gianluca Gritella <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 17:30:02 -0700

Hi,
I'm a Politecnico student from Turin.

I have some questions:

- Where can I find some documents about mobile IPv4 (RFC or drafts)?

- With mobile IPv4, when I send e-mail to a mobile node, where is it
stored while waiting for the check by mobile node: on the home agent or
on the foreign agent? And in IPv6?

Thanks a lot

			Gianluca Gritella

-- 
Gianluca Gritella
Torino Italy
e-mail: [email-masked]
--

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF Mobile IP Working Group Mailing List - Archives:  software.watson.ibm.com
Unsubscribe:	unsubscribe mobile-ip		(as message body, not subject)
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]

---

From: Dave Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 14:17:05 -0400

>- Where can I find some documents about mobile IPv4 (RFC or drafts)?

For URL links to all of the Mobile IP RFCs and Internet-Drafts, see
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mobileip-charter.html.

>on the foreign agent? And in IPv6?

Mobile IP is *transparent* above the IP layer (other than some
effects on performance), so the answer to your question is exactly
the same as if Mobile IP were not being used.  That is, e-mail to
a mobile node is stored where it always is, were the e-mail address
points as a hostname and thus as an IP address and/or MX records.
The home agent and foreign agent (as Mobile IP entities) are not
involved in e-mail, although of course you could configure your
home agent (or another machine in your home network) as a POP or
IMAP server and MX all your e-mail there.

>			Gianluca Gritella

					Dave

---

From: Zhigang Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 20:44:24 -0500 (CDT)

> - Where can I find some documents about mobile IPv4 (RFC or drafts)?

     www.ietf.org

> on the foreign agent? And in IPv6?

  I don't think foreign agent has responsible for higher layer protocol.

> 			Gianluca Gritella

Zhigang