Subject: [mobile-ip] location privacy

From: Phil Roberts <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 08:34:57 -0400

This and the next post I sent the last couple of days and never saw show up
on the list.  If you saw them, sorry for the duplicates.

Hi,

     we have a charter item to "address location privacy."  We'd like to
gather some information about what the working group thinks the extent of
the work on location privacy in this working group should be.  It MUST in
some serious way be connected with the Mobile IP protocol.  There will be in
the Apps area very soon a location privacy working group so we have to
realize that this working group will not be the place to resolve all issues
relating to location privacy.

Phil

---

From: James Kempf <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 09:03:31 +0900

I'm having a difficult time understanding what this means. Is this a 
euphonisum
for NATs? I have an even more difficult time seeing how to implement it.
The routers need to see an address to route the packet. What are the
requirements driving this topic?

                 jak