Subject: [mobile-ip] WG last call: AAA Keys

From: Phil Roberts <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 10:12:35 -0400

This is a Mobile IP WG last call for the I-D
draft-ietf-mobileip-aaa-key-04.txt
AAA Registration Keys for Mobile IP. This draft will be sent to the IESG
requesting a proposed standard status to be associated with it at the end of
the last call
period. Please send your comments to the WG discussion list.

WG Last call issued on : Apr 19, 2001
Expires on : May 4, 2001

Basavaraj Patil
Phil Roberts

---

From: Pete McCann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 13:14:54 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

The current version of this draft does not seem to reflect the changes
suggested by Pat last week, namely, that instead of sending keys in
the registration reply, we would send a random number from which keys
would be generated.

If it is a matter of proposing specific text, I would be glad to
volunteer if no one else is working on this.

Also, does it make sense to include a (possibly very long) Lifetime
for the MN-HA key as well as the MN-FA key?

-Pete

Phil Roberts <[email-masked]> (PR) writes:

PR> This is a Mobile IP WG last call for the I-D
PR> draft-ietf-mobileip-aaa-key-04.txt
PR> AAA Registration Keys for Mobile IP. This draft will be sent to the IESG
PR> requesting a proposed standard status to be associated with it at the end of
PR> the last call
PR> period. Please send your comments to the WG discussion list.

PR> WG Last call issued on : Apr 19, 2001
PR> Expires on : May 4, 2001

PR> Basavaraj Patil
PR> Phil Roberts

---

From: "Fredrik Johansson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 16:17:25 +0200

I believe there will be many more changes to this draft as soon as Pat has
the time to make the changes we discussed in Minneapolis. For example to add
algorithm, lifetime and so on to the subtypes. I also believe that Charlie's
generalized key draft will have some changes that will affect this draft.
Can we please wait until Pat have time to comment on this.

/Fredrik

P.S. Pat if you would like any help on the draft and what we decided just
tell me.

---

From: Patrice Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 10:56:12 -0700 (PDT)

I have lots of comments, and the ID cannot proceed as is. I will have to
re-issue another revision next week.

PatC