Subject: RE: [mobile-ip] Mobile IPv6 Home Agent product and best place?

From: "Glenn Morrow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 07:54:17 -0500

I'm not sure there is a best place. I guess it could be anywhere - an
enterprise, a providers link or the visited providers link. It all depends
on what functionality you are trying to achieve or the user values most. 

For instance a mobile user that does not care about location privicy would
be fine with having the HA in the visited network. 

Someone who is concerned about location privacy will want to have it on
either their home provider's or their enterprise link. 

Some person in an RV running a Web Server or FTP server will likely choose
their home provider's link. Keeping the same IP address is important for
this type of application.

A mobile router on a bus, train, etc.. might have the HA on a link of the
providers' site router.

Hope this helps,

Glenn

-----Original Message-----
From: Jang JaeIk [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2001 5:41 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [mobile-ip] Mobile IPv6 Home Agent product and best place?

Hi all

I questioned if there is any product(Home Agent) for supporting mobile IPv6.
And in 3G network, where is the best place for HA?

Thanks in advance.