Subject: [mobile-ip] CVSE type number in RFC3025

From: Sebastian Thalanany <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 09:48:38 -0500

Hello Gopal,
                       There seems to be a discrepancy between the value

assigned for the CVSE-TYPE-NUMBER in RFC 3025 and in IANA. The
difference in the assigned value was found to be as follows:
       CVSE-TYPE-NUMBER = 37 in RFC3025
       CVSE-TYPE-NUMBER = 38 in IANA (Under Mobile IP numbers)

                       The 3GPP2 IOS standard is using a value of 38.

                       Please clarify.

                        Thanks.

Regards,
  Sebastian

---

From: Gopal Dommety <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 09:21:11 -0700

Hello Sebastian:

I am resending the reply that I sent on 04/04/01 to your original email...

Initially 37 was assigned and we requested 38 to be assigned. Raj approved the request.
But when the RFC was published 37 was there instead of 38.
 I have sent an email to the RFC editor requesting couple of days ago
 that the number be changed to 38. I am awaiting response the editor.
 I will let the group know when I hear from the editor. Thanks for pointing this
discrepancy out.

Regards,
Gopal

---

From: Gopal Dommety <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 01:10:28 -0700

Hello,

	New RFC 3115 was issued replacing RFC 3025 correcting the discrepancy
between the IANA assigned types and the ones listed in the RFC.

Thanks
Gopal