Subject: [mobile-ip] New Draft: draft-bharatia-aaa-opt-ha-assign-00.txt

From: "Jayshree Bharatia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 13:40:43 -0600

Hello,

We have submitted draft
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bharatia-aaa-opt-ha-assign-00.t
xt prior to draft submission deadline for IETF-52. This draft is submitted
for AAA WG. Since it is related to Diameter for Mobile IP applications, we
are posting this draft on this list also.

In this draft, we have optimized "Allocation of Home Agent in Foreign
Network" solution currently defined in
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-mobileip-08.t
xt  so that instead of acting on the HA information received from the mobile
node, the FA simply forwards the request to AAAF. The AAAF determines the
possibility of having HA in the foreign network and set an appropriate flag.
Based on the local policy at AAAH, the final decision is made.

Overall, the proposed solution reduces processing at FA and couple of
messages between home and foreign AAAs in case if HA assignment in foreign
network is allowed. Please note that this solution does not have any impact
on the existing DIAMETER protocol.

Appreciate your comments on this draft.

Thanks,
Jayshree