Subject: [mobile-ip] BETH Enhancements-New Version

From: "Sreemanthula Srinivas (NRC/Dallas)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 16:27:47 -0600

Here is the new version of draft on Beth Handover Enhancements. This
draft supersedes the previous version.  The draft may not be announced
as it was not accepted by the IETF server, because of strict cut off
times.  But, here is the link as we make specific proposals for
consideration in the email discussions and not particularly for the next
IETF meeting. 

http://people.nokia.net/~patil/Internet_Drafts/
draft-sreeman-enhance-beth-ipv6-01.txt

     Abstract 
         This document discusses enhancements to the Bi-directional Edge

	   Tunnel Handover for IPv6 protocol described in
draft-kempf-beth-
	   ipv6-02.txt. The proposal in the present draft offers some
practical 
	   improvements to the draft-kempf-beth-ipv6-02.txt in several
respects 
	   to expand the overall applicability of BETH proposal. We
propose 
	   support for multiple CoA in BETH messaging, negotiation of 
	   parameters during the tunnel establishment to allow tunnel
lifetime 
	   negotiation and the indication of one-time only tunnels based
on 
	   policies.  Also, we propose to enhance the mechanism for
subsequent 
	   handovers (Handoff to Third) by providing a means to allow
"chained" 
	   tunnels instead of anchored tunnels.  

 Regards,
 Srinivas Sreemanthula