Subject: [mobile-ip] Home Agent Lifetime

From: Yukiyo Akisada <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 17:20:39 +0900

Hi, All.

I have one question about Home Agent Lifetime.

In <draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-XX.txt>,
chapter 6.X "New Advertisement Interval Option Format"
says that a value of 0 MUST NOT be used.

But, chapter 9.X "Receiving Router Advertisement Messages"
says that when received home agent lifetime value is zero,
immediately delete this entry in the Home Agents List.

So, can I use zero as the value?, or not?

Regards.

----
Yukiyo Akisada @ TAHI Project

---

From: Yukiyo Akisada <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 20:39:55 +0900

Oops, I made a mistake.

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001 17:20:39 +0900

> says that a value of 0 MUST NOT be used.

The correct one is chapter 6.X "New Home Agent Information Option Format",
and says that a value of 0 MUST NOT be used as Home Agent Lifetime.

> So, can I use zero as the value?, or not?

Regards, again.

----

---

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 16:25:52 -0800

hi,

> and says that a value of 0 MUST NOT be used as Home Agent Lifetime.

I guess this has to be changed. a value of 0 should be used when the
home agent wants to stop being a home agent. the value of 0 would enable
the other home agents on the link to delete this home agent from their
Home Agents list.

Vijay