Subject: [mobile-ip] Analysis and Comparison of Low Latency MIPv4 Handover Algorithms

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 13:27:09 -0800

Folks,

Jon Wood and I did a study comparing PreReg, Postreg, and standard MIPv4
(SMIPv4) handoff. It is at http://www.geocities.com/llanalysis.pdf (it
will shortly also appear at the DoCoMo Labs USA web site as well).
Apologies for the paper format, but it is difficult to get fine
depiction of experimental results in graphs using ASCII text. The study
describes implementation experience with the 2 low latency algorithms
(some of which Jon has already posted to the list), and a series of
experiments we performed to measure the sensitivity of all three
algorithms to various components of handoff latency. Issues arising from
the study will be discussed in a slot at the Mobile IP Working Group
Meeting at IETF 52. If you have any specific issues on the study itself
or the paper, please post them to the list.

                    jak

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 09:38:20 -0800

Sorry, the link was wrong. The paper is at:

        http://geocities.com/kempf42/llanalysis.pdf

       jak

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2001 1:27 PM
Subject: [mobile-ip] Analysis and Comparison of Low Latency MIPv4
Handover Algorithms