Subject: [mobile-ip] MIPv6 7.1

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 15:16:53 +0200 (EET)

Hello all,

I was checking my old mails, and there was a comment on MIPv7 section 7.1 
there:

=====
--8<--
 the following requirements apply to ALL
   IPv6 nodes (whether host or router, whether mobile or stationary):

    -  Every IPv6 node MUST be able to process a Home Address option
        received in any IPv6 packet                                 
    [...]
--8<--                             

what does 'be able to process' mean in this context?  Recognize and be
able to parse it?  Parse it and MUST have the processing enabled?
=====

I'm assuming the latter, but there could be many interpretations.

Any thoughts?

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "Tell me of difficulties surmounted,
Netcore Oy                   not those you stumble over and fall"
Systems. Networks. Security.  -- Robert Jordan: A Crown of Swords

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 14:48:14 +0100

I was checking my old mails, and there was a comment on MIPv6 section 7.1 
   there:
   
   =====
   --8<--

   
   
=> the latter but as Home Address options have some security issues
perhaps next documents will be different.

Regards

[email-masked]

---

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 16:22:40 -0800

Basically replace the source address of the received packet
by the address stored in the home address option. this is the
right interpretation.

vijay