Subject: RE: [mobile-ip] Mobility control for NGN environment

From: "Lipford, Mark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 15:00:10 -0600

Alberto,

The specifics for NGN (All IP) in 3GPP2 are still being developed.
Specifically on Location, there are several different types of location
information (Access location - which cell site, macro access - which
network/domain, and geo-location - x/y/z coordinates) that will need to be
managed and "who" has that information may vary.

		-----Original Message-----
		From:	Boaventura, Alberto Magno Silveira (Alberto)
[mailto:[email-masked]]
		Sent:	Thursday, November 08, 2001 7:05 AM
		To:	[email-masked];
[email-masked]'; [email-masked];
[email-masked]'
		Cc:	Jonathan Rosenberg; Mccann, Peter J (Pete); Hiller,
Tom (Tom); 'Gonzalo Camarillo'; [email-masked]'
		Subject:	[mobile-ip] Mobility control for NGN
environment 

		Greetings All,

		I am asking your assistance in order to clarify or indicate
where I can
		start my researches about mobility control for NGN
environment. I am
		considering that will be an interface between SIP Proxy and
Home Agent for
		Mobile IP context, but I could not find any proper
information.  Also, for
		location based services immerged in NGN and 3GPP2
architecture, who will
		have the mobile location information? HA/FA? And how to
retrieve this
		location information? Using SIP - Notify Message? Now there
are some
		operations over IS.41, but I understand that will be used
for legacy
		context.

		Thanks for any return,
		Alberto.