Subject: [mobile-ip] LMM Security Requirement

From: "Carl Williams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 16:37:06 -0800

Hi Hesham and working group,

Please review over the following text for changing the following 
security requirement from:

3.2.6 Any LMM scheme MUST make use of a strong authentication mechanism
      to avoid a malicious MN from diverting traffic destined to a
      legitimate MN.  LMM SHOULD also ensure that the network be able
      to maintain topological confidentiality from visiting mobile
      nodes.  That is to say that the LMM scheme in use SHOULD NOT
      reveal the visited network's topology to the Mobile Node.

to the following:

3.2.6 An LMM scheme MUST provide support for security
at the level associated with routing. LMM SHOULD also ensure that the
network be able to maintain topological confidentiality from visiting
mobile nodes.  That is to say that the LMM scheme in use SHOULD NOT
reveal the visited network's topology to the Mobile Node.

Please send any issues with this by tomorrow's deadline.

Thanks....