Subject: [mobile-ip] draft 15 cruft

From: Brian Haley USG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 12:53:20 -0500

Hi Charlie,

I noticed the following cruft in the mipv6 -15 draft this week, it's all
left-over from draft -14.

Section 9.3 on Intercepting packets for a mobile node

    On multicasting NAs...

	"The Router (R) bit in the Advertisement MUST be copied from
	 the corresponding bit in the home agent's Binding Cache entry
	 for the mobile node."

    There is no R-bit anymore.

    And later in that section...

	"This check MUST include all possible
	 home addresses for the mobile node, based on the subnet prefixes
	 currently considered to be on-link by the home agent (including the
	 corresponding link-local address and site-local address), if the
	 Prefix Length in the Binding Cache entry for this mobile node (from
	 the Binding Update that created this Cache entry) is nonzero."

    We don't have 'prefix length' anymore either, just the S-bit.

Section 9.4 on Tunneling packets to a mobile node
 
	"While the mobile node is away from home and this node is acting
	 as the mobile node's home agent, the home agent intercepts any
	 packets on the home link addressed to the mobile node's home address
	 (including addresses formed from other on-link prefixes, if the
	 Prefix Length field was nonzero in the Binding Update), as described
	 in Section 9.3."

    'Prefix length' again, should reference S-bit.

Section 10.7 on Sending binding updates to the home agent

	"The Prefix Length field in the Binding Update allows..."

Thanks,

-Brian