Subject: [mobile-ip] WG Feedback Requested - differently asked

From: Phil Roberts <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 15:25:28 -0500

Looks like I asked the wrong question.

So, here's the question I'd like an answer to:

- how many people are planning on this list are planning to *use* the MIP v4
low latency draft?  Please
identify yourselves.

Re: the other items.  The exchanges back and forth on the claims made about
the performance
of what's in the low latency draft don't seem to be getting us anywhere.
Could we have two
things:
1) discussions about who said and who claimed what off the list
2) results and rebuttals written up in draft format.  I know this takes
longer, but it's a lot
easier to point to that and read it than something that is thrown on the
list.

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 12:56:37 -0800

Hi Phil,

> low latency draft?  Please

We have a project here at DoCoMo Labs USA in which we are planning
to use the MIPv4 low latency draft (and possibly PFANE now that it has
come up,
we haven't discussed it yet). However, we are not planning this as a
product
or for deployment purposes, but rather as research. Our goal is to
characterize the different algorithms.

> 1) discussions about who said and who claimed what off the list

OK.

> easier to point to that and read it than something that is thrown on
the

Sure, I've been in favor of this all along.

            jak