Subject: [mobile-ip] Call for Papers: Mobile Computing and Communications Review (MC2R)

From: "MC2R" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 17:25:58 -0600

Mobile Computing and Communications Review (MC2R)  
       The official publication of ACM SIGMOBILE

PUBLICATION PURPOSE 
-------------------- 

The  explosive growth  of  wide-area cellular  systems and  local-area
wireless networks  and the emergence  of home area radio  networks and
personal area  body networks are  just the beginning of  "the wireless
revolution".   The  ultimate  goal  - uncompromised  connectivity  and
performance for mobile  computing devices - requires that  we meet the
challenge of  creating fully integrated,  seamless, fault-tolerant and
heterogeneous   networks  composed   of   fully  distributed,   energy
efficient,  and ubiquitous mobile  computing platforms.   Making truly
tetherless  computing  possible demands  that  we carefully  evaluate,
enhance and  perhaps re-design our networks,  systems, algorithms, and
applications. 

This  publication  serves to  enhance  the  ability  of ACM  SIGMOBILE
members to  keep up-to-date in this  rapidly moving field,  as well as
serve as a  major focal point for the discussion  of new directions of
portable  computation and mobile  networks for  both the  research and
market-driven communities.

PAPERS
------
Technical   papers   describing   previously  unpublished,   original,
completed  research,  and  not   currently  under  review  by  another
conference or  journal are solicited on  topics related to mobile or
wireless research, systems, or practice.  Topics of interest include,
but are not limited to: 

* Applications and computing services supporting the mobile user
* Network architectures, protocols or service algorithms 
* Performance characterization of mobile/wireless networks
* Network management for mobile and wireless networks
* Data management and databases for mobile environments
* Service integration and interworking of wired and wireless
  networks
* Interaction between different layers of mobile or wireless systems.
* Security, scalability and reliability issues 
* Nomadic computing
* Wearable computing and networking
* Satellite communications
* Quality of Service and Integrated Services in Mobile or Wireless 
  Networks 
* Mobile Internetworking
* Intelligent network signaling
* Mobile VoIP
* Mobile ad hoc and sensor networks
* Power management and control algorithms
* User interfaces and systems design
* Theory/algorithms

How to submit
-------------
Paper submission will be  handled electronically.  After following the
detailed   submission   instructions    from   the   MC2R   web   page
(http://www.acm.org/sigmobile/MC2R), authors should email a PDF or
PostScript version of their full paper to: [email-masked].

Information on SIGMOBILE, including how to join, is available from:
http://www.acm.org/sigmobile

IMPORTANT DATES
----
Authors are  free to submit manuscripts  at any time  for inclusion in
the next review cycle.

EDITOR IN CHIEF
----
Jason Redi, BBN Technologies, U.S.A.      
            ([email-masked])

ASSOCIATE EDITORS
----
Anthony Joseph, University of California, Berkeley, U.S.A.
               ([email-masked])
Robin Kravets, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, U.S.A.
               ([email-masked])

FOR MORE INFORMATION
----
Please visit the MC2R web site at http://www.acm.org/sigmobile/MC2R. 
For specific questions, feel free to contact the editors of MC2R at
[email-masked]