Subject: [mobile-ip] Conflicting Information in Mobile IP Draft 15 ?

From: "Krishna Kumar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 17:44:57 -0800

Hi all,

I have a couple of queries about draft 15.  I don't know if they have come
up earlier so please excuse me if it did.

- Sections 9.3, 9.4 and 10.7 talk of Prefix Length fields of the Binding
Update message. Wasn't this removed after draft 14 ? So is it supposed to
change to reflect the new 'S' field contained in the BU ?
-  Section 9.3, in 2 places mentions that for adding to Binding cache and
for sending NA, the Router (R) bit should be copied from the Home Agent's
binding cache entry for the Mobile Node. Should this be removed since
Mobile Router was removed ?

If this is to be removed, similarly section 4.5 on data structure for
Binding Cache should delete references to 'mobile router' field and 'prefix
length' field.

Thanks for any clarification,

- KK

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 04:01:37 +0100

=> IMHO this is a mistake (editing error).

=> the R bit is for neihbor discovery (proxy advertisements need it).
I think this is another editing error with more consequences ...
(i.e. now the MN must be a host :-)

=> idem.

Regards

[email-masked]