Subject: [mobile-ip] CFP: IFIP/IEEE International Conference on Management of Multimedia Networks and Services

From: Muhammad Jaseemuddin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 10:31:20 -0500

IFIP/IEEE International Conference on
        Management of Multimedia Networks and Services

                  MMNS 2002
          Managing IP Multimedia End-To-End

              October 6-9, 2002
            Santa Barbara, CA USA
          http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/conferences/MMNS02

CALL FOR PAPERS

With the popularity of the IP-based Internet, there has been a major
shift towards building a worldwide, all-service and all-media network
based on the next-generation of IP technology. Rich multimedia is
increasingly being incorporated into Internet applications (like
Voice-over-IP, streaming video, etc.). However, more work is needed to
evolve the Internet and the underlying networking technologies into an
infrastructure capable of supporting all- service and all-media
traffic. Significant management functionality is required to ensure
that these applications have a network that is both capable and
available.  Management requirements may ensue from the fact that
multimedia traffic may traverse networks using a wide variety of
technology and each network may be owned, operated, and controlled by
a different organization.  In order to provide end-to-end, high
quality multimedia services, the network must provide robust
management functionality.

The IFIP/IEEE International Conference on Management of Multimedia
Networks and Services will hold its fifth annual meeting Oct. 6
through Oct. 9, 2002 in Santa Barbara, CA. The IFIP/IEEE MMNS is a
single-track conference and provides an intimate setting for
discussion and debate.  The program committee is soliciting original
papers describing research in the area of management of multimedia
networks and services. Topics of interest include, but are not limited
to, the following:

  o End-to-end IP multimedia network and service management
  o VoIP service management
  o IP Video, streaming, interactive video service management
  o Provisioning of multimedia networks and services
  o Wireless and mobile multimedia network management
  o Optical multimedia network management
  o Cable multimedia network management
  o Multimedia network traffic engineering and optimization
  o Distributed multimedia service management
  o Network management models and architectures
  o Billing and security for multi-media services
  o Content distribution internetworking
  o Resource, performance and fault management
  o Multi-point, multicast services management
  o Network programmability for multimedia services
  o Policy-based management for multimedia services
  o QoS management
  o Multimedia traffic management
  o Multimedia content protection
  o Deployment of multimedia services
  o Active multimedia network management
  o Multimedia session management
  o Middleware support for management

PAPER SUBMISSION

Papers must be submitted electronically in postscript or PDF
format. Detailed instructions are provided on the conference web site,
http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/conferences/MMNS02. Paper length is limited to
20 double-spaced pages. The paper's cover page must include: title of
paper, authors' names and affiliations, contact author's name and
address (both postal and electronic), a short abstract, keywords, and
submission area (from the list of relevant topics of interest). For
any further information, please refer to the conference home page or
direct your questions to [email-masked].

IMPORTANT DATES

  Submission deadline:             April 7, 2002
  Notification of acceptance:      June 30, 2002
  Final version:         July 28, 2002
  Conference:                      October 6-9, 2002

-- 
==================================================
Muhammad Jaseemuddin
Associate Professor
Departement of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Ryerson University
350 Victoria Street
Toronto, ON M5B 2K3
Tel: +1 416 979-5000x6073
Fax: +1 416 979-5280
Email: [email-masked]
Web: http://www.ee.ryerson.ca/~jaseem
==================================================