Subject: [mobile-ip] rfc 3220: exactly one "authorization enabling extension"

From: "Robert J Marks" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 03:52:19 -0600

RFC 3220 states in section 3.5.2 that "Exactly one
authorization-enabling
extension MUST be present in all Registration Requests, ..."

Although this appears to prohibit a Registration Request that contains
both a Mobile-Home Authentication Extension and a MN-AAA Authentication
Extension, perhaps there is a way to allow both to be present.
 
Perhaps RFC 3220 meant that:
1. When there is only one of the two in the Registration Request, then
   the extension that is present is the authorization-enabling
extension.
2. When both are present, then the Mobile-Home Authentication extension
   is the authorization-enabling extension, and the MN-AAA
Authentication
   extension is not considered authorization-enabling.
 
Can this work?
 
Bob