Subject: [mobile-ip] posted RFC 3220 is missing part of section 3.6.1.2 & 3.6.1.3

From: "Ahmad Muhanna"<[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 16:56:55 -0600

Hello Charlie;

I was browsing RFC3220 which is posted on the web, until I reached section
3.6 "Mobile Node Consideration"
It reference section 3.6.1.2. for the Mobile Node way to discover the Home
Agent.

Well, I think there is a part of that section missing. 
The following is what on the web:

3.6.1.2. Registration Request Fields

   This section provides specific rules by which mobile nodes pick
   values for the fields within the fixed portion of a Registration
   Request.

   A mobile node MAY set the 'S' bit in order to request that the home
   agent maintain prior mobility binding(s).  Otherwise, the home agent
   deletes any previous binding(s) and replaces them with the new
   binding specified in the Registration Request.  Multiple simultaneous
   mobility bindings are likely to be useful when a mobile node using at
   least one wireless network interface moves within wireless
   transmission range of more than one foreign agent.  IP explicitly
   allows duplication of datagrams.  When the home agent allows
   simultaneous bindings, it will tunnel a separate copy of each
   arriving datagram to each care-of address, and the mobile node will
   receive multiple copies of datagrams destined to it.

   The mobile node SHOULD set the 'D' bit if it is registering with a
   co-located care-of address.  Otherwise, the 'D' bit MUST NOT be set.

Perkins                     Standards Track                    [Page 41]

RFC 3220              IP Mobility Support for IPv4          January 2002

   A mobile node MAY set the 'B' bit to request its home agent to
   forward to it, a copy of broadcast datagrams received by its home
   agent from the home network.  The method used by the home agent to
   forward broadcast datagrams depends on the type of care-of address
   registered by the mobile node, as determined by the 'D' bit in the
   mobile node's Registration Request:

      -  If the 'D' bit is set, then the mobile node has indicated that
         it will decapsulate any datagrams tunneled to this care-of
         address itself (the mobile node is using a co-located care-of
         address).  In this case, to forward such a received broadcast
         datagram to the mobile node, the home agent MUST tunnel it to
         this care-of address.  The mobile node de-tunnels the received
         datagram in the same way as any other datagram tunneled
         directly to it.

      -  If the 'D' bit is NOT set, then the mobile node has indicated
         that it is using a foreign agent care-of address, and that the
         foreign agent will thus decapsulate arriving datagrams before
         forwarding them to the mobile node.  In this case, to forward
         such a received broadcast datagram to the mobile node, the home
         agent MUST first encapsulate the broadcast datagram in a
         unicast datagram addressed to the mobile node's home address,
         and then MUST tunnel this resulting datagram to the mobile
         node's care-of address.

         When decapsulated by the foreign agent, the inner datagram will
         thus be a unicast IP datagram addressed to the mobile node,
         identifying to the foreign agent the intended destination of
         the encapsulated broadcast datagram, and will be delivered to
         the mobile node in the same way as any tunneled datagram
         arriving for the mobile node.  The foreign agent MUST NOT
         decapsulate the encapsulated broadcast datagram and MUST NOT
         use a local network broadcast to transmit it to the mobile
         node.  The mobile node thus MUST decapsulate the encapsulated
         broadcast datagram itself, and thus MUST NOT set the 'B' bit in
         its Registration Request in this case unless it is capable of
         decapsulating datagrams.

   The mobile node MAY request alternative forms of encapsulation by
   setting the 'M' bit and/or the 'G' bit, but only if the mobile node
   is decapsulating its own datagrams (the mobile node is using a co-
   located care-of address) or if its foreign agent has indicated
   support for these forms of encapsulation by setting the corresponding
   bits in the Mobility Agent Advertisement Extension of an Agent
   Advertisement received by the mobile node.  Otherwise, the mobile
   node MUST NOT set these bits.

********* HERE::: There is part of this section is missing and part of
section 3.6.1.3 with its header is missing too *********

Perkins                     Standards Track                    [Page 42]

RFC 3220              IP Mobility Support for IPv4          January 2002

      a) The IP header, followed by the UDP header, followed by the
         fixed-length portion of the Registration Request, followed by

      b) If present, any non-authentication Extensions expected to be
         used by the home agent (which may or may not also be useful to
         the foreign agent), followed by

      c) An authorization-enabling extension, followed by

      d) If present, any non-authentication Extensions used only by the
         foreign agent, followed by

      e) The Mobile-Foreign Authentication Extension, if present.

   Note that items (a) and (c) MUST appear in every Registration Request
   sent by the mobile node.  Items (b), (d), and (e) are optional.
   However, item (e) MUST be included when the mobile node and the
   foreign agent share a mobility security association.

I am not sure If I am missing something or not, BUT It even does not read
right. 
Please take a look and verify this.

Thanks a lot.

Ahmad Muhanna