Subject: [mobile-ip] about proxy DAD

From: Yukiyo Akisada <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 04:09:01 +0900

Hi, all.

I have some quiestions about proxy DAD.

When the MN sends BU (S bit is 0),
should HA execute DAD for only MN's link-local home address?
or both of link-local and global addess?

And when the MN sends BU (S bit is 1),
should HA execute DAD for only global address?
or not?

ID-15 chapter 9.1 says that

    -  Finally, if the Duplicate Address Detection (D) bit is set in
       the Binding Update, this home agent MUST perform Duplicate
       Address Detection [27] on the mobile node's home link for the
       home address in this binding (before returning the Binding
       Acknowledgement).  The address used for Duplicate Address
       Detection SHOULD be the mobile node's link-local address.

and

   If the `S' bit field in the Binding Update is zero, The Home Agent
   creates or updates Binding Cache entries for each of possible
   several home addresses.  The set of such home addresses is formed
   by replacing the routing prefix for the given home address with
   all other routing prefixes that are supported by the home agent
   processing the Binding Update.  The Home Agent creates such a
   separate primary care-of address registration for each such home
   address.  Note that the same considerations for Duplicate Address
   Detection apply for each affected home address.

I'm little confusing about this.

Regards.

----
Yukiyo Akisada @ TAHI Project