Subject: [mobile-ip] Localized Mobility Management

From: Wolfgang Schoenfeld <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 13:10:29 +0100

Hello,

Following the discussion on this and similar topics in this mailing list,
we published a paper "Modeling IP-Based Mobility Management"
at CNDS 2002 (http://www.ece.neu.edu/conf/CNDS/2002/).
It is also available at 
http://www.ipsi.fraunhofer.de/~schfeld/Papers/cnds2002.ps
Comments are welcome.

From the Abstract:
We develop a simple model of mobility management,
analyse handoff performance as well as its effect on payload, and
explore the effect of hierarchies as well of some handoff variants.
Moreover, we show that the modeled mobility management is robust
even if the mobile device moves faster than handoff performance 
seems to allow.

Wolfgang
-- 
Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Schoenfeld, Fraunhofer IPSI, Dolivostr. 15, D-64293 Darmstadt
Office: +49-6151-869-865 FAX: -6847 Mobile: +49-174-7093455